Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Perth: 3ROD repair

Thanks

Default Perth: 3ROD repair

Hi guys,

I am new to the forum and would like to ask if there's anyone here in Perth who can fix a 3ROD problem.

My set's warranty and expired and furthermore it's from overseas, so bringing it to M$ Aus is not an option.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

I cant see why not I think MS will honour their product no matter where you are situated,if your the original and registered owner of the console put in a repair order via see how you go

Thanks

shai12 is spot on the money. Xbox360 has extended the warranty to 3 years, your still within that ? Put the repair request in and give it a shot. If it fails then find someone to pay fix it.

I note of caution. It will most likely come back with a un-moddable drive.
    By reading this, you have already given me control over a tiny slice of your mind

Thanks

The thing is, my set was previously modded, so there's no way MS will be helping me with this one.

Have no choice but to find some alternative/costly means to fix it.

Anyone who can help please email me.

Thanks

If it was not a hardware mod, only a software mod then reflash the drive with original firmware and send it in. Even missing the warranty sticker.
    By reading this, you have already given me control over a tiny slice of your mind

Thanks

Modded as in, it has a "chip" installed or its just been flashed? If it has just been flashed with firmware, then a lot of people have had "NO" problems getting the units covered under warranty without reverting the flash back. However if you mean the unit has a different case, fans or that sort of thing, then good luck finding someone who will fix it reliably. I am in Perth and do a lot of console repairs but I dont do the rrod as I dont have the $$$$'s worth of gear thats required to fix that fault properly.
    What would you do if your server was stolen or failed beyond repair?
    http://www.2000cn.com.au/shadowprotect.html

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by covert View Post
    If it was not a hardware mod, only a software mod then reflash the drive with original firmware and send it in. Even missing the warranty sticker.
    Dunno about that I had 1 returned as it had the sticker missing

Thanks

Thanks, guys, for all your inputs.

My set was only software modded i.e. flashed, without any hardware mod. That seems to give me the option of getting MS to fix it.

However, when I used shai12's link to the MS service website, it told me my set was "out of warranty" and reported an erroneous expiration date for the warranty. Definitely have not had the set for 3 years. Heck- it is only a year old.

Will check the set tonight. Hopefully the sticker is still there (otherwise I hope covert is right about not needing the sticker) and that cwispy is right about not needing to revert to the original flash (I am a noob and do not know how to do so).

Thanks

Theres 3 yr extended warranty for 3rrod just proceed with the request tell them whats wrong with it and go from there yeh still have to remove the sticker to softmod havent got an option there,mind you I had 1 returned not fixed because they picked that the seal was tampered with,you can try as its not going to cost you for postage so you have nothing to loose

Thanks

Mixed results with the missing sticker. Big thread on it over at xbox scene. If it gets returned unfixed, it gets returned. They pay for shipping each way. As the saying goes "give it a shot".

Give them a call if you cannot do it via the website. Play dumb, don't mention the missing sticker or it is from another country.

Thanks

That's sound advice.

But is it true that after the repair, it is no longer possible to mod the box? Not even a software mod?

Thanks

In most cases people are rejected if the sticker is absent or tampered with. Even EB games tamper proof sticker, which are more tamper proof than Ms ffs are rejected and the unit is called "Damaged"

It is likely you will end up with a new lite-on drive which will probably never be flashable

Thanks

what happened to m$ fixing consoles that had stickes removed or damaged?

of course if you can't get it fixed from Microsoft, contact *************, he can fix them.

Thanks

sorry forgot we are not allowed to mention his name in here are we.

so i guess the OP can send me a pm if he wants contact details of a registered business that could fix his console.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by poison View Post
    sorry forgot we are not allowed to mention his name in here are we.

so i guess the OP can send me a pm if he wants contact details of a registered business that could fix his console.
    or perhaps you could just recommend a member of our site (is that not the site rules?)-- it appears that nsdn fixes em, id hedge the bet ozchips might know how (and if not how, probly who), I think perhaps ljay and ramrod also...
    why not recommend these fellas? Despite what some forum members are led to believe, these fellas were just as capable as Mick if not more--> some have been round longer too...

if you ask me, I suggest if microsoft wont fix it, sus out some of the xclamp replacement tuts (I have done rbjtechs several times with success) --> theyre not too hard and hey, you might even learn sumtin

Thanks

In most cases people are rejected if the sticker is absent or tampered with. Even EB games tamper proof sticker, which are more tamper proof than Ms ffs are rejected and the unit is called "Damaged"
    Have not seen 1 rejected for having the sticker missing/broken...pot luck i guess.....but u can always just say a)u tried to open it as it was out of warranty...b)never opened it as you couldnt find the screws(lmao)...& c)found out later that it was coverd by 3yrs warranty.

or perhaps you could just recommend a member of our site (is that not the site rules?)-- it appears that nsdn fixes em, id hedge the bet ozchips might know how (and if not how, probly who), I think perhaps ljay and ramrod also...
    why not recommend these fellas? Despite what some forum members are led to believe, these fellas were just as capable as Mick if not more--> some have been round longer too...
    if you ask me, I suggest if microsoft wont fix it, sus out some of the xclamp replacement tuts (I have done rbjtechs several times with success) --> theyre not too hard and hey, you might even learn sumtin
    IMO i doubt many repairers will do a proper repair, rather a band-Aid fix...most cases heat sink mod. It really isnt viable to buy the equipment(SMD re-work stn) then spend hours repairing it for not much return.
    PrecisionMods

Thanks

The thing is. Microsoft has come out and admitted there was a fault with the console and it will cover that fault only for up to 3 years.

This is regardless of if there is or isnt a warranty sticker on the console. Sure they may try and jump up and down about the missing warranty sticker, but once you buy the unit, it is yours to do what you want with it. you can remove all stickers if you want to.

A removed sticker may indicate that the unit could of been opened but it is not proof. the sticker may not have been there in the first place is 1 arguement.

The whole sticker rubbish is exactly that. It wouldn't hold up in court if a consumer took microsoft to court for refusing to fix the fault.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,135 Times in 1,633 Posts

My son had his box repaired last February after getting the ROD.
    Now just last week he had the same thing happen again. So now it's back to the repairer again.
    He runs the extra fans on it aswell.
    So it seems the repair isn't failsafe? Anyone else have to get their box fixed more than once?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by weirdo View Post
    My son had his box repaired last February after getting the ROD.
    Now just last week he had the same thing happen again. So now it's back to the repairer again.
    He runs the extra fans on it aswell.
    So it seems the repair isn't failsafe? Anyone else have to get their box fixed more than once?
    Did you open the repaired console to see what repair was done? eg new mb?

The extra fans can mean squat if you leave the unit on the carpet floor or in a closed in cabinet that has no or very little air flow.

cheers

Thanks

IMO i doubt many repairers will do a proper repair, rather a band-Aid fix...most cases heat sink mod. It really isnt viable to buy the equipment(SMD re-work stn) then spend hours repairing it for not much return.[/QUOTE]

I've repaired my son and daughter's 3rrod 360's with the heatsink fix and been fairly well hammered for over 12 months with no issues then again I'ved had some that lasted 2 months luck of the draw I guess

• Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast