Thread: Anyone else bought the Bauhn WL-101GQC 10.1" 3G 4-core 1.2GHz JB Tablet from ALDI?

Thanks

Default Anyone else bought the Bauhn WL-101GQC 10.1" 3G 4-core 1.2GHz JB Tablet from ALDI?

Decided to take the plunge into Android and purchase a Bauhn 10.1" tablet from Aldi for $249
    Seems to have a few limitations and I have been following this thread on whirlpool with interest.

Anyone else on here get one?
    if so your thoughts?

My only other tablet was a Mytab and this new one is quite a bit better.

I have been thininking maybe i should return it and just get an iPad or Samsung galaxy note II instead but that will be quite a few more $$$

Cheers Lee

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lee View Post
    Decided to take the plunge into Android and purchase a Bauhn 10.1" tablet from Aldi for $249
    Seems to have a few limitations and I have been following this thread on whirlpool with interest.

if so your thoughts?

I have been thininking maybe i should return it and just get an iPad or Samsung galaxy note II instead but that will be quite a few more $$$

Cheers Lee
    Get a samsung galaxy tab its only $200

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

I dont know why anyone is bothering buying these cheap tablets anymore. The only reason there used to be was price alone. Now prices arent that far away.

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 inch $286

I am still using a Samsung Galaxy Tab 1 which I updated the android version on. It hasnt missed a beat in the time I have had it, its not hard for me to get a full days use out of it.

My advice would be return to Aldi and go with a name brand.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

I have the previous model and I have recently returned it with what might possibly be a poor Wifi reception, have you any problems with that on the new one?
    I may have other 'issues' with my Wifi router so I dont know exactly which isnt doing what at the moment so any experiences would be appreciated.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Thanks

Although i still have the aldi tab it will be returned as soon as the wifi ipad shows up.
    I did consider the galaxy tab2 but though it was worth the "simplicity" to just get an ipad, given i already have an iphone 5.
    dont really need 3g on the tablet, as i can just hotspot the iphone.

i just found that the Aldi tab was "frustrating" to select stuff on the screen, continually waiting for it to do reqwuests etc, just seems a bit "slow" etc.
    Actually pulled out the old "mytab" and decided that it had a more responsive screen and more accurate when tapping even though it is resistive but a bit limited in memory.

i havent had any issues with wifi, i dont have a 3g sim so cant comment on that.

Premium Member

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gordon_s1942 View Post
    I have the previous model and I have recently returned it with what might possibly be a poor Wifi reception, have you any problems with that on the new one?
    I may have other 'issues' with my Wifi router so I dont know exactly which isnt doing what at the moment so any experiences would be appreciated.
    There was NO problem with the Tablet AT ALL and it cost me $15 to learn what it was.
    It turned out the problem was a 2.4GHZ AV room sender I WAS using dammit !!!!

The Tablet is used mainly by my wife to play Poker Machine games or look at Homes in an area she would like to move to so its adequate for our needs.
    She did drop it recently and although I have it in a generic Clam shell case, if you hold it one handed on the bottom left corner, it may trigger a 'soft shutdown' which can either be restored by the On/Off button or at worst, reinsert the battery charger, generally without loss off what you were doing before.
    I have noticed that the battery indicator may show no less than Half Full but the screen will go blank and you need to do as I described earlier to restart it.
    I was interested on the 'New' model with the GPS facility but from other posts I gather it doesnt have any Maps and like Lee, I dont need 3G connectivity.

I had a look at the 3G version of that Samsung Galaxy and I couldnt see a USB port but on the bottom it had a plug I took to be Samsung's own design I/O port and I am guessing you need to buy a specific adapter to connect USB to it.

Over all I am happy with it and I got what I paid for and being the first Tablet, it has shown me what to look for in a future replacement.
    Last edited by gordon_s1942; 05-07-13 at 01:42 PM.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

• The Following User Says Thank You to gordon_s1942 For This Useful Post:

gulliver (07-07-13)

Thanks

I think for what the latest aldi tablet is and price at $249 it's ok.
    The 64gb wifi ipad i ended up getting was much more expensive and isnt a real comparison.

Glad to see your issue was only the 2.4g sender...lol.

Aldi have the tablet for sale again in a week or so.....i bet there will be a few "used" ones on the shelves again, probably mine......

Premium Member

Thanks

Aldi have the tablet for sale again in a week or so.....i bet there will be a few "used" ones on the shelves again, probably mine......
    I am beginning to think Aldi have 'Zonal' selling on their 'BIG Ticket' items because the Tablet went on sale localy again here a few weeks from the previous sale.
    One of my biggest problems with those 'Touch' devises is the erratic capacitance of my skin because at times nothing responds then on others, the damn Icons skitter about the screen madly in all directions.

Thanks

if so your thoughts?

Cheers Lee

Its cool to know you purchased one of these tablets, I thought I was getting something new when I bought me one from Aldi but my luck ended a few weeks after purchasing it. A few weeks later, the device broke unexpectedly and would not turn back on. I tried to get support but no one would help me or warrant me. This was the worst product I had ever bought.

Thanks

As long as you have your reciept and its is within 60 days from purchase you shoud be able to return for a refund without question.
    My IPAD just arrived so i will be returning the Aldi tablet for a refund.

I think Tempo are the repairers, otherwise buy another one and return your faulty one for the refund on the new reciept.

Premium Member

Thanks

The Tablet is warranted for 12 months and so long as you have the receipt you can have it attended to so I can t understand why you say no one would help or warrant you as from personal experience I have had other items either repaired, replaced or refunded when dealing with Tempo/Aldi.
    Thats one of the main reasons I buy products from them is their warranty.
    I bought mine late last year and I thought it had 'Gone Deaf' (wifi) and I contacted Tempo on the number supplied and returned it for inspection.
    There was nothing wrong with the tablet as it turned out it was an AV sender jamming the Wifi signal so it cost me $15, ahh well.
    If your outside the 60 day Return period, Aldi/Tempo will most likely want to repair or replace the tablet if it was indeed faulty.

Also under the Trades Practices Act you are covered by a 12 month warranty so long as you didnt cause the failure.
    Even if you dont have the actual purchase receipt, if you paid using a card and it shows on a bank statement, that might be regarded as proof of purchase.

Tempo Australia.
    PO box 6065 Frenches Forrest, Sydney, Australia NSW 2086
    Tempo help desk 1300 886 649 (Aust)
    Operating Hours Mon to Fri are between 08.30am and 05.00pm EST.
    email: info(AT)@tempoaustralia.com.au. delete the (AT)
    If you ring the Help line, you will get a recorded message asking if your inquiring about the Tablet and to Press 1 if you are, so you do.

I'd be interested to hear more about this and do you still have it?
    Last edited by gordon_s1942; 10-07-13 at 06:10 PM.

Thanks

I bought this a few weeks ago and was a little skeptical at first but when I got everything flowing correctly it worked like a genius. Unfortunately though, a week after it was working, it suddenly started crashing and would not come back on, I was so sad and shocked.

Premium Member

Thanks

Try turning the devise on for the 3rd time only to have it 'expire', never to go again!!!
    That happened last year with a Medion brand Tower from Aldi.
    I'd had it running for 2 days and it seemed to shut down normally the night before but when I turned it on the next morning it totally crashed and despite all attempts by Tempo, it refused to work so I got a total refund because there were none available to replace it with.
    Earlier this year my old faithful but ailing Tower finally gasped its last and I took the chance and bought the current version Medion Tower Aldi was selling and except for me causing a software crash, so far so good.
    I bought the Tablet in September last year and except for the problem caused by a AV room sender jamming the Wifi, it has worked satisfactorily.

You say it is only a 'Few weeks old' so why dont you either return it if your within the 60 days option or if not, get it repaired/replaced.
    If you caused the failure tough luck, but if it failed, the ball is in your court to rectify it rather than sit and complain about it and lose $249..........