Thread: 3 Red Rings Of Death & 3 Towels

Thanks

jokin

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by urban_s0ulja View Post
    not even close mick!

because of the 3rrod
    LOL, yeah still better dude!

Never seen the new revised one stuff up yet!

A question for the PS3 Fan boys, when will Sony realise that ppl want ps2 backward compatibility, especially since the ps2 ceases production in Feb 08???

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Micksxboxmods View Post
    LOL, yeah still better dude!

Never seen the new revised one stuff up yet!

A question for the PS3 Fan boys, when will Sony realise that ppl want ps2 backward compatibility, especially since the ps2 ceases production in Feb 08???
    never played a ps2 game on my playstation yet
    ive had it about 8ish months now as well

whats the point....
    if u want to play ps2 u spend 80$ or watever and get a second hand one from eb games not the 700$ or so a ps3 costs

Thanks

never played a ps2 game on my playstation yet
    ive had it about 8ish months now as well

whats the point....
    if u want to play ps2 u spend 80$ or watever and get a second hand one from eb games not the 700$ or so a ps3 costs
    you're missing the point mate.

Why would Sony release a backward compatible console. then renig the deal and bring out an inferior console to bring the cost down? Purely sales related(or lack thereof)

Say if you have a big collection of PS2 games.

Most people would assume that ps2 games would be fine in them due to the first release of PS3 being able to, very sneaky!

Thanks

not even close mick!

because of the 3rrod
    urban,

are you in here speaking you shit again?

erhan75

pitty you can't view the old threads about the rrod problems.

it had been advised that anyone suffering this problem should pay micksxboxmods to fix it for them.

Someone mentioned that he will charge you and then get microsoft to fix it for free and then he will return it to you all fixed.

hang on a minute. that is what I said I would do. LOL

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by poison View Post
    urban,

are you in here speaking you shit again?

erhan75

pitty you can't view the old threads about the rrod problems.

it had been advised that anyone suffering this problem should pay micksxboxmods to fix it for them.

Someone mentioned that he will charge you and then get microsoft to fix it for free and then he will return it to you all fixed.

hang on a minute. that is what I said I would do. LOL
    LOL wish I could do that...LMFAO

Thanks

you're missing the point mate.

Why would Sony release a backward compatible console. then renig the deal and bring out an inferior console to bring the cost down? Purely sales related(or lack thereof)
    Actually you are 1/2 right. Its cost related, but Sony figured they were still selling a LOT of ps2s (the ps2 was outselling the ps3) so decided that instead of worrying about backwards compability they would keep making money on the old console. Sony have accidentally (or intentionally, never sure with them) admitted this is the case.

There was an interesting article about the 360 reliablility on 8bitjoystick which pretty well stated that Microsoft pretty well put out a ****ed up console in an effort to beat sony to the punch and thats the cause of most of the problems.

The best question is why cant Microsoft and Sony beat out a kiddies console called the Wii, or even get close when combined to the DS? Thats the real interesting question why is Nintendo doing so well with a "toy" (the Wii only sells one game and thats wii sports).

Thanks

Send your Xbox360 in for repair. Even if it is missing the sticker. At least see how it goes. Only takes a 10 minute phone call. Even has a Reply paid address. You just need a box and some bubble wrap.

If xbox360 repairs are outsourced in Australia it should be repaired regardless of the sticker. The outsourcing company is paid per unit repaired.

Xbox360 warranty is 3 years. Extended from it's already extended 1 year that was extended for the original 3 months warranty....

[ps]Funny how the thread turned into a MS vs Sony vs Nintendo thread. BTW Wii sports is included with any new Wii console

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by covert View Post

[ps]Funny how the thread turned into a MS vs Sony vs Nintendo thread. BTW Wii sports is included with any new Wii console

this thread only got turned into a xbox vs the rest because of dim minded ftards who keep knocking the xbox 360.

If you don't like the 360 stay out of the xbox1 and xbox 360 forum. stick to you sonly or nintendo forums

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by covert View Post
    Send your Xbox360 in for repair. Even if it is missing the sticker. At least see how it goes. Only takes a 10 minute phone call. Even has a Reply paid address. You just need a box and some bubble wrap.

If xbox360 repairs are outsourced in Australia it should be repaired regardless of the sticker. The outsourcing company is paid per unit repaired.

Xbox360 warranty is 3 years. Extended from it's already extended 1 year that was extended for the original 3 months warranty...
    Agree with you totally mate.

I can't believe that anyone would pay to get the rrod fixed It just defies all logic. A second hand store not far from my place has sent back over 70 machines with rrod to Microsoft without a warranty sticker in place. How many have they got back fixed?? Every one. The reason why? Because Microsoft has made a commitment that all machines that suffer rrod will be fixed for no charge regardless of the sticker.

On another note i contacted M$ the other day about the new aftermarket cases you can buy from just about every shop now and if the warranty is affected by changing the case. The lovely lady on the other end said the same as i just said. Regardless of the case M$ will honour the warranty for rrod. However if your dvd drive goes tits up that may be another story.

Thanks

Well I have made the call to M$ and its ready to be sent, but the guy did say that if the warranty sticker is removed it will be sent back!

What should i do? Still send it or not?

I brought this second hand without the accessories it just the console on its own and it was made in 2006.

what do you guys reacon?

e

Thanks

nah its cool mate, I didn't take it that way either.

you may recall that I was one of the first to start fixing 3RLOD(supra King, now FTO king will vouch for that) I kept my secrets on how to do since then, this is the only tip I have EVER released about 3RLOD fixes.

You see the problem is mate, some charge for reballing and simply do no more than heatgun trick or x clamp trick, thats where reliability reports come into the equation.

The infrared heat seems to work well as it is concentrated where required.

I'm also not saying that it wont/ cannot happen again as I ALWAYS advise a customer that it is by far better for MS to fix thier product, after all it was them that sold the customer a dodgy product, not me...lol

Welcome Back all i been a way abit so sorry for the delay in post....

Yep i vouch for Mick 100%
    At the begining of fixing the 3RLOD a guy named Team-Modfreakz posted a post over at Xbox Hacker Forums and posted the temperature profile.As long as its re balled along those lines then the 360 is ifne.

My 360 F#ckd up and i had chipd it and moded a couple of otehr things, during my Engineering Design class lmao i used the tools at uni re balld the gpu, put new thermal paste and also relived the flex/stress on the M/Board Mick will do all this for you (and he will use Leaded Solder much better Ms didnt due to health regulations) im sure and then you can expect many years of playing the 360 without worries.

F.K.

Thanks

Hi
    x clamp fix worked a treat for me!
    WBR

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by erhan75 View Post
    Well I have made the call to M$ and its ready to be sent, but the guy did say that if the warranty sticker is removed it will be sent back!

What should i do? Still send it or not?

I brought this second hand without the accessories it just the console on its own and it was made in 2006.

what do you guys reacon?

e
    It is your call. I would send it in myself.

What is the worse that could happen ?
    What is the payoff if it all goes well ?

Answer those 2 questions to yourself and you will get your own answer based on your own value's system.
    By reading this, you have already given me control over a tiny slice of your mind

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nokia_Man View Post
    Hi
    x clamp fix worked a treat for me!
    WBR
    keep us updated mate as it wont keep going forever, unfortunately.

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12