Thread: Super Nintendo

Thanks

Default Super Nintendo

Hello all, I have still have my Super Nintendo from the 90's with a few games including my Mario AllStars. I still love to play it, and now my boys get to enjoy it too. They own the Nintendo Dsi, and they love them, but when I pulled this out, they were in aww. It's hard to believe a game I grew up with, they are now enjoying. Do any of you have any older game consoles?

Look Here ->
    Shut your dog up!!
    Thanks

Super Nintendo still packed away here somewhere, Super Mario Kart was my favourite.
    Managed to get it running on the computer (Ubuntu) using the Zsnes emulator, still do a few laps on it occasionally.

Thanks

I still have a Super Nintendo, N64, and PS1 packed away. I hope you're showering them with the classics and letting them know video gaming's roots!

Thanks

I have a Super Nintendo, N64, and PS1 but I rarely play them because I don't really have time to anymore. I want to play Pokemon Stadium again but I never did find my Gameboy game which I really believe got stolen. I used to have an NES but I stupidly gave it away.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Get them playing something really cool

I am spewing my old TSR-80 got tossed out years ago, but still have a Super Nintendo somewhere.
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

• The Following User Says Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

Mgoldbe1 (09-07-13)

Thanks

I still have my (regular) Nintendo, along with a Playstation 1. I love a majority of the games on those systems more than the ones that have been released now. Older games were often more creative and imaginative without running the same tropes into the ground again and again. Nowadays it's basically: "This idea worked for them? Let's do it too!" I tend to play a lot of my old racing games on my PS1, whilst playing classics such as Super Mario Bros on my NES.

Thanks

Super Mario World... arguably the greatest game of all time, I think. Get them to play that and let us know how they like it!

Thanks

Don't have any old Consoles anymore but still play Roms on my Raspberry Pi. You just can not beat classic games.

Thanks

My PS2 and N64 are still gathering dust somewhere in the room. The SNES had pretty much the best library of its age though, it's definitely worth emulating if you can't get your hands on one. Megaman X and Super Mario World are still among my favourite games of all time. Zelda LTTP was also great.

Thanks

Snes, Master System, Game Gear, Mega Drive, PS1, PS2, XBOX1, 360, Dreamcast. All In working condition except for the Mega Drive which won't seem to read any carts :/

SNES is still the fav, can't beat the DK series.

I've been trying to collect all of the consoles/games I played as a kid, still trying to get hold of a Commodore 64, NES. It's amazing some of the things I threw out in my early teen years thinking no one would ever have a use for, only to see them sell for a small fortune now! Can make it very costly to re-live a bit of nostalgia.
    Last edited by nic55; 24-01-14 at 11:53 AM.

Thanks

I'm sad to say I don't have any of my older consoles any more, but I've been wanting to grab a SNES again from eBay for a while. I'll probably pick one up this month and try and grab the games I had when I was younger - mainly Mario games. And you're right, there's just something about the SNES that I don't feel about any other console - can't wait to get it back.

Thanks

The Super Nintendo is one of the greatest systems ever made. In terms of game variety; and controller design, only the PS1 surpasses it. I can't even name 25% of the classic games that came from the SNES. My SNES still works; a tribute to the quality, but I usually play the games I like as Wii classic downloads now.

Thanks

My brother picked up a regular Nintendo at a thrift shop a year or so back and we've had a lot of fun playing the few standard games that came with it. But as far as nostalgia goes, I was a little too young for the Nintendo and Super Nintendo, but my allegiances instead lie with the Nintendo 64. I've had my own one since I was a kid (my dad bought it because he loved and still loves the idea of Mario Kart-- he bought the steering wheel controllers and everything) but I actually went out and bought a cheap one at another thrift store so that I could bring it to school without my brother raising a major stink about it. The other day I went on eBay to try and snag a copy of the original Super Smash Bros. (a game that has long been missing from my collection) and found that apparently over the past few years 64 games have become a HUGELY valuable collector's item-- complete-in-box copies of some games can go for as much as $100 and even just the cartridge alone can be up to $50 for some. It's crazy how much the market changes, but I guess it's a good reminder to hang onto this stuff. I think a similar thing has been happening with Gamecube games too, though I still find it hard to grasp the fact that it's been around for more than 10 years at this point.

Thanks

When I go back an play the old Nintendo games, it turns out to be a complete shock. Video game designers back then did not have a warm and fuzzy feeling for babying players through their games. Nintendo games are downright hard, and often extremely frustrating. The designers didn't carry about stories; or full motion videos; they created challenges. Unfortunately, my reflexes as an adult are worse than they were as a child

Thanks

That's very true. One thing I'm always amazed at when I pick up a SNES again is how I was able to complete these games when I was young (10 years old or younger). Now I really do struggle with certain games and it's a clear sign that games now are dumbed down to an extent, especially with the whole "if you die multiple times we'll reduce the difficulty" trend at the moment.

Thanks

I still have Nintendo and Super Nintendo. I love Mario Brothers 1 and 3! I have to play it with the original Nintendo with the square controls, otherwise it's just not the same. My favorite Super Nintendo game is by far Mario Kart. I can still play that game for hours!