Thread: I'm looking for a certain type of online game - suggestions?

Thanks

Default I'm looking for a certain type of online game - suggestions?

I used to play a game called StateSim. It was really simple but got me hooked on that genre. I'm a math, econ and cs nerd and StateSim fit all of my interests perfectly. They eventually shut down and I've yet to find a suitable replacement. Maybe you guys can make a suggestion?

Here's what I'm looking for:

• Econ based - the game is about making money, trading, etc by harvesting stuff (automatically, over time) and by manufacturing
    • Real time
    • You can upgrade your current tools & shops & research new methods
    • Simple, nothing too complex (like WoW and Eve :P )
    • Near unlimited expansion - be as big or little of a player as you want
    • Doesn't require that much time - I'm a grad student, so having something I can relax with for 10-15 minutes a day would be great
    • Browser based & mmo

The biggest thing, I guess, would be the economics-based play. The rest is just icing. Any thoughts?

Look Here ->
    Thanks

This sounds very interesting, also I know you said not to complex like WoW, but you should seriously try it once you learn everything you get hooked and it's easy. Takes only a little bit of time to learn all of WoW.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    This sounds very interesting, also I know you said not to complex like WoW, but you should seriously try it once you learn everything you get hooked and it's easy. Takes only a little bit of time to learn all of WoW.
    I've played WoW since just after it came out :P It's taken up waaaay too much of my time. I just quit playing about a month ago and have that space in my heart that I need to fill. Towards the end of my time playing WoW, I got into gold making and enjoyed playing the economy quite a bit. By the time I left, I was the main merchant in many of the big markets on my server (mounts, enchants, gems, 496+ crafted, etc). I love the game, but it just takes up too much of my time!

Thanks

You should look into the Tropico series. They're all economy sims on an island and I've heard everyone has really enjoyed them.

Besides that, you might find the game you're looking for in the Football Manager series. It's a sim with a football skin but it might scratch the same itch.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by notglenn2 View Post
    You should look into the Tropico series. They're all economy sims on an island and I've heard everyone has really enjoyed them.

Besides that, you might find the game you're looking for in the Football Manager series. It's a sim with a football skin but it might scratch the same itch.
    Tropico? Never heard of it! I'll check it out today.

I've never really been a big fan of football, but I may have to do some reading up on those games to see what they're like. Thanks for the suggestions!

Thanks

I'm not sure if its something that you would be interested in but you could always try Ruinsofchaos. Its a text based browser game and it sounds similar to what you were after but its based on armys / fighting / war. You can chose from different races who get different skill percs and you can upgrade different parts of your army. The game is turn based (30 mins) and is quite addictive!