Thread: NBN Information day at Lithow, NSW

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Default NBN Information day at Lithow, NSW

On Thursday according to the local paper there is an Information day on the NBN FIXED wireless to be held in a local hall.
    It also advised for more information to go to their website but when you try with an address, it dont work!!!!!!!!!!
    Today as I drove into town I passed trailer with a drum of nice blue coloured cable sunk up to its axles in the mud so unless it stops raining there wont be any laying of that in the next few days.
    I was curious as the the wording of the advertisement as it reads,
    'If your Interested in finding out about NATIONAL BROADBAND NETWORK FIXED WIRELESS Regional Development Australia Central West will be available to provide Information at' etc,etc etc.
    The phrasing is a bit unusual and what caught my eye was the reference to 'Fixed Wireless' which certainly has me curious just what is proposed for this area.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Look Here ->
    Banned

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gordon_s1942 View Post
    On Thursday according to the local paper there is an Information day on the NBN FIXED wireless to be held in a local hall.

The phrasing is a bit unusual and what caught my eye was the reference to 'Fixed Wireless' which certainly has me curious just what is proposed for this area.
    If your area is going to be served by NBN's fixed wireless you are laughing because the fixed wireless shall be completed by 2015 apparently whereas the other areas that were going to get FTTH shall be stuck on whatever internet they have now assuming the Libs get power at the September election and abandon the FTTH network plan for 93% of the population.

I am stuck on a 1.5Mbps connection and fixed wireless shall be 25 Mbps.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

Smaller populations get fixed wireless, which I'd assume your area falls into that category.

You'll get an external 'fixed' antenna, pointed at the NBN tower servicing your area.

The advantage is 4G wireless data, limited to only X number of users, so it's designed to maintain full speed regardless of how 'busy' it becomes at peak usage times.

A huge improvement over satellite and 3G wireless broadband.

Premium Member

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mtv View Post
    You'll get an external 'fixed' antenna, pointed at the NBN tower servicing your area.
    You know the topography of this area and that ONE tower will be pushing to cover the town as they needed TWO TV translators to achieve that and even they are pushing it so that will relegate the rest to still using 3G (me) and the rest stuck up on the Satellite as they are now.
    Last edited by gordon_s1942; 25-06-13 at 11:15 PM.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gordon_s1942 View Post
    You know the topography of this area and that ONE tower will be pushing to cover the town as they needed TWO TV translators to achieve that and even they are pushing it so that will relegate the rest to still using 3G (me) and the rest stuck up on the Satellite as they are now.
    See what the NBN info day has to offer.

If they have specified fixed wireless for your town, then that's what you'll probably have access to.

Because the Fixed wireless NBN system limits the amount of subscribers to each 'cell' then they may have more than one planned for your area.

Let's hope so.

Premium Member

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mtv View Post
    See what the NBN info day has to offer.

If they have specified fixed wireless for your town, then that's what you'll probably have access to.

Because the Fixed wireless NBN system limits the amount of subscribers to each 'cell' then they may have more than one planned for your area.

Let's hope so.
    ME too as it would be needed.
    As a matter of curiousity, do you have an idea what that number (users per cell) is ?