Thread: I have a Headache !!

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Default I have a Headache !!

After sending the Bauhn tablet away thinking it had gone 'WiFi Deaf',(it hadnt, it was interference) 3 weeks ago, I got it back this afternoon but now when I was
    trying to reload the Apps I had in it, as they say in the Movies ' Google Play, I have a Problem'.
    The damn thing wanted me to have a Google account which I dont remember doing when I bought it and downloaded some apps before but after making one up, when I try to download/Install from Google Play I am getting a message of an error (-101) what ever that is.
    Before I sent it back I was asked to do a Reset which I did and lost everything except what was on the removed SD card so I am wondering if that has affected some files needed for downloading as I see in the Installer App, there is no APKS files shown, what ever they are.
    I have connected to the internet via the wifi router and went to Youtube to run a couple of videos with no trouble and surfed some other sites so that seems to be all working but not the Play Store Apps.
    I looked at 'HELP' but I cant see any mention of any errors or their codes and as its now the weekend, I cant ring the Help line either.
    Any suggestions short of using it as a fly swatter?
    Last edited by gordon_s1942; 28-06-13 at 08:17 PM.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Look Here ->
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Did you try GOOGLE ;-)

Premium Member

Thanks

Sorry oceanboy, was there a reply there?
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,474 Times in 1,534 Posts

Could be a firewall problem? have a look here see if this solves your problem
    or have a look through any of these, sorry I couldnt be of more help

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,420 Times in 2,521 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gordon_s1942 View Post
    After sending the Bauhn tablet away thinking it had gone 'WiFi Deaf',(it hadnt, it was interference) 3 weeks ago, I got it back this afternoon but now when I was
    trying to reload the Apps I had in it, as they say in the Movies ' Google Play, I have a Problem'.
    The damn thing wanted me to have a Google account which I dont remember doing when I bought it and downloaded some apps before but after making one up, when I try to download/Install from Google Play I am getting a message of an error (-101) what ever that is.
    Before I sent it back I was asked to do a Reset which I did and lost everything except what was on the removed SD card so I am wondering if that has affected some files needed for downloading as I see in the Installer App, there is no APKS files shown, what ever they are.
    I have connected to the internet via the wifi router and went to Youtube to run a couple of videos with no trouble and surfed some other sites so that seems to be all working but not the Play Store Apps.
    I looked at 'HELP' but I cant see any mention of any errors or their codes and as its now the weekend, I cant ring the Help line either.

Goto manage apps.
    Select the tab All, you might have to slide along the tab line to get All.
    Scroll right down to the bottom
    and look for services that are Disabled.
    If Google Play Store is Disabled then touch it to enable it.
    Do the same for Google Account manager, Google play services or anything else that seems relevant that might have been disabled.

..err other than that try another hardware reset. after which you can open a new Google account which you need if you download from Google play.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 28-06-13 at 08:53 PM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

Thanks

I thought you wouldn't be able to download anything from google play without an account. I am pretty certain you have one, just need to remember your credentials.
    Try google play help for lost/forgot password recovery. You would use one of your emails as your user name so try all of them one by one.

Premium Member

Thanks

Thanks for the replies and it has been resolved.
    Amazingly when I mentioned this to a friend last night, they were able to give the sequence of how to, for want of a better word, to 'Re-Synchronise' it and your Google account.
    I dont know if this is available in other Google/Android devises but I had to find in the list of applications a program called 'Google Framework', open it, click on 'Clear Data' and say 'YES' then press the Power off button for 2 seconds, say 'YES' to to turn it off then wait until the Tablet shuts down and the status light goes out and you can restart and all is back to normal.
    In effect it was like a soft Reset that didnt delete anything.
    I had already tried to download about 6 App's so when the tablet started, they must have been sitting in a queue somewhere so it then downloaded them one after the other which I was very pleased about.
    Again, I am not sure if the terminology or method is used on other devises but hopefully this is of a help to others.
    Thanks all.

Fromaron, your correct in saying you need a Google account for playstore which I do have but for some reason it wasnt being recognised until I did this 'Re-Synchronisation'
    Last edited by gordon_s1942; 29-06-13 at 01:28 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to gordon_s1942 For This Useful Post:

fromaron (29-06-13)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gordon_s1942 View Post

I had this exact same problem a few weeks ago. It kept telling me to sign into my Google account, which I don't remember making, and downloading the apps from that step. I could never get the problem fixed and figure out what to do so I decided to just let it be and switched devices.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Could be a firewall problem? have a look here see if this solves your problem
    or have a look through any of these, sorry I couldnt be of more help
    I also think it might be a firewall problem. I have a relatively similar experience before and when I sorted out the firewall issue, it worked. Have it checked in terms of that. I know how much of a headache it is not finding out what's going on wrong.