Thread: Samsung galaxy tab 2 10"

Thanks

Default Samsung galaxy tab 2 10"

Hi,
    My wife has been looking at buying the Samsung, went out to buy one yesterday but came back saying that it did not have a USB port but you could buy an adapter for over $40. With a case she's now looking at close to $350.
    Is there another cheaper way to have USB connection with this model.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Ebay. I Got a Entire 15 or So Items for $30 delivered, Some I wont use but most is handy..

• The Following User Says Thank You to mutanti For This Useful Post:

dixons (30-06-13)

Thanks

No tablet has a full size USB port but adapters are plentiful on ebay as mutanti said for a few bucks.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to loanrangiel For This Useful Post:

admin (30-06-13),dixons (30-06-13)

Thanks

Thanks for info.
    Had a look on ebay, you can get some adapters for a few dollars but not clear if they are two way, which is what she wants.
    Have suggested another way with an app for Wi Fi which allows two way transfer with the PC and tablet.
    She has gone ahead and bought one and will see if this works OK.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

I have a Samsung Galaxy tab 10 inch, I bought an adaptor when I first got it and have never used it since owning it.

Anything important I have gets synched to Google Drive on all my computers, tablets and phones. Any device, any where, I have every documents and photo I own.

I was originally a bit dubious of this "cloud computing" crap but after trying it, why would you want to cart around hard drives of all descriptions ? I can access every photo we have via the same thing with Dropbox. If I take a photo on my phone it auto uploads.

• The Following User Says Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

dixons (30-06-13)

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

I thought most tablets came with a USB connection but they label it OTG which I gather means 'On The Go'.
    Most of the ports appear to be either mini or sub mini but USB they are never the less for connection to a computer.
    I know my wife's Aldi Bauhn tablet has one as does the one (Ebook) I was trying to get set up for my friend recently.
    Paying $40 for a cable you can pick for under $5 or $10 is as bad as the scam of selling $3 HDMI cables for over $40 at certain retailers.
    Except for using tethered devises, the only other reason I can see to use the USB would be if you wanted access to a computer you dont have the WiFi encryption key to login to.
    Last edited by gordon_s1942; 30-06-13 at 12:31 PM.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

• The Following User Says Thank You to gordon_s1942 For This Useful Post:

dixons (30-06-13)

Thanks

She watches up to date Coronation Street off You Tube and likes to download it to a USB stick and play it through a PVR. Its probably possible to play it through the network from the tablet to a VU+ but haven't investigated that yet.When she visits the daughter they have Apple TV and she can stream this directly to the TV,don't particularly want another box to add to the system.
    Anyone know if this is possible and easy for a wife who wants something that works that she can easily do.It took me a while to get her to use the above system so any change would have to be straight foreward.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,207 Times in 1,132 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by loanrangiel View Post
    No tablet has a full size USB port but adapters are plentiful on ebay as mutanti said for a few bucks.
    My hanvon bc10c tab has 2 full size USB and Win 7 and was only $179 at Cash Converters
    When you do things right, people won't be sure that you have done anything at all

Premium Member

Thanks

I had a look at the advert for the Galaxy and it indeed does list a USB connection BUT I couldnt see where it is on the case or the size.
    I put 2 videos I had copied onto the external SD and then put the card into the Tablet to playback.
    I am guessing if your TV has USB connections and the media option as many seem to do now, you should be able to connect this tablet to the TV via the cable and access whatever files (audio/Video) you want for playback.
    How you achieve the connection will depend on what you have but I cant see why the Tablet wont perform the same way as a USB stick if you use an SD card.
    If your TV has a WiFi connection, maybe you could do that like you do now for a wireless printer and your computer(s).

Thought to self, I wonder if I can connect the Bauhn to the Printer via WiFi?
    Last edited by gordon_s1942; 30-06-13 at 09:11 PM.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

dixons (01-07-13)

Thanks

Should be able to transfer files with a SD card.Thanks for the suggestion as I had not considered that option.The PVR has a SD slot.
    Will wait until the tablet arrives to give it a go.

Premium Member

Thanks

SD cards seem to be the easiest way other than a USB stick to transfer Data and with a cost of between $20 to $30 for the 32GB to me is a cheaper option to buying a Tablet with a 32GB memory built in plus its removable.
    Remember too you dont get 16GB memory either as some is lost to housekeeping routines.
    I found that you need about 4GB+ per hour for Video so it would only take about 3 X 1 Hour to fill up the internal memory.
    You can buy T or Flash (mini SD) cards on their own but unless you already have one, get the one with the adapter to use in the full SD card slot.

dixons (02-07-13)