Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does hiring a SEO work to increase trafic to a website?

Thanks

I believe others have outlined why you need SEO, and the ones you should opt for. But, I think you need to pay for ads(e.g Adwords), this way you are guaranteed of getting people who really need your services. I checked your site out and I see that you are offering a rental service. You should pay for ads, you never can tell who would see the ads, maybe someone in your geographic location who needs to do a party. Perhaps, a party planner.

Thanks

Yes SEO work certainly helps the traffic driven to your website. SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization, so if your site is more visible on search engines, that means your site will get more traffic than it used to.

Thanks

In general, I would think that if you're even considering hiring someone to do SEO for you, you've got some shady intentions. SEO ranking is the tool of spammers and page squatters. If you've got good content, aside from some very basic, common sense things, there are better, more honest ways to get the word out and drive traffic to your site.

2014 Austech AFL tipping champion.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,523 Times in 804 Posts

To the OP, how is it going, I see you still rank 1. It's all about what works for your business, and if I knew the answer, I wouldn't be sitting here doing what I do.
    I had a carpet cleaner come in the other day to unlock a phone, and he was talking about the same thing, he said what works for him is letter box delivery, where I had a close to 0 response, when I did it.

If it was me, I'd be go backwards ie, find out how the people who used you, chose you.

I'd also assume that people who hire jukeboxes are sporting clubs, people having 21sts etc etc, target these people, Are you on facebook?

Does the local hockey club have your flyer on their notice board etc etc.

If it was I, I would record all the sports club email addresses and email them specials close to wind up dates, ie hockey and afl are all winding up now.

Food for thought.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,305 Times in 783 Posts

hang on a bit
    you forgot to write SEO 100 times like all these SEO experts in this thread
    whats wrong with you HDM, you cant say informative shit that make sense
    jesus christ
    you'll be over in india next teaching telemarketers
    Last edited by Philquad; 13-09-13 at 03:12 PM.
    https://www.facebook.com/philquad68

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheMac View Post
    In general, I would think that if you're even considering hiring someone to do SEO for you, you've got some shady intentions. SEO ranking is the tool of spammers and page squatters. If you've got good content, aside from some very basic, common sense things, there are better, more honest ways to get the word out and drive traffic to your site.
    You can have all the good content you like, but it isnt going to mean much if "spammers and page squatters" SEO you off the search page.

Thanks

i wish they would explain why they write this stuff
    how does it work for them?

Thanks

Maybe, they are hoping for PMs ,

Thanks

The problem with a lot of websites is the impression they give, spend a bit of money and make it look more interesting.

When I think jukebox I think party and music, your pics show a jukebox in the corner or on the edge, you show tables (empty) I would rather see pictures of people partying.

Theres no point bringing them to your site, and then they get a bad impression.

I looked at most the jukebox sites and they were all a bit DIY, the way I look at it, if your website loses one order that could be a $300 sale lost.

You don't have to spend big bucks

Thanks

I think it depends on your current SEO level. If you have only just started and your SEO is really bad then you can probably improve it yourself and see the impact. Just do some Google searches and see what you can improve. Then look at your rating as you do this for a couple months. If it improves your sales and leads then maybe keep up improving your SEO yourself. If you have been around a long time and your SEO is kind of "so-so" , not good not bad then a proper SEO expert will be good. But I think you need to work out what a proper SEO expert is. Lots of people claim to be.

Thanks

If you hire a reputable one and your site has terrible search engine ranking currently, then sure you can benefit from it. However if you already have decent search engine ranking then you don't stand to gain much from it, and you also run a high risk of being horribly scammed or ripped off.

Thanks

i do my owe soe
    me verry good
    i puyt in hugh da man but all i get is pitcher of black man with big penis?

pleese help me soe me

Thanks

Thanks for the advice guys..

Thanks

If you want to increase traffic to your website I would definitely hire someone to do SEO for you. You can get so much traffic if your site is ranked high in a Google search. I've bought a couple SEO gigs from people on Fiverr.com and it worked out really well for me. Just be careful who you hire, check their ratings and any comments that people have left about them. If you get the right person you will see a lot more traffic to your site and a lot more money coming in for you!

Thanks

SEO is easy to fake, lie about. Even if you don't have the time or interest to do it long term, it would be very beneficial to at least learn the basics of it before hiring someone else to do it for you so you can at least make a sound judgement when hiring them over someone else. A lot of people with widely varying skill sets like to call themselves "SEO Experts".

Some of them may just provide you with recommendations, but leave it up to you to actually implement them. And if you don't implement them properly or are unable to fully implement them, they may blame that on you when you don't see any SEO improvements. If they are going to make the changes themselves, do you trust them to alter or modify your existing site?

Unless you've got deep pockets to sink into it, there is only so much a person will be willing to do for SEO for limited pay.

You could just as easily, and more cheaply, pick up a book on SEO, and go through a chapter each week, and save yourself a lot of money and also walk away with a better understanding of what you need to do to the site to help optimize it.

To get back to what I mentioned earlier about people "faking" SEO, a common tactic is for them to dwell on metrics that don't accurately reflect the impact of their work, or make it look like you got improvements when you didn't. If they purchase some traffic from questionable sources, for example, or get you some backlinks from spammy networks of sites, that may cause in increase in the "visits" in your analytics reporting - making it look like they are driving you more traffic. But if you look at some other metrics such as the bounce rates for that traffic and conversion rates, as well as the referring sources, you may discover it's nothing more than automated bot traffic which is useless and may even cause your site to become penalized.

They may also cherry pick certain keywords that may have had a jump in ranking for whatever reason, and attempt to take full credit for your rise in rankings when it may not have had anything at all to do with their efforts. They could be painting a rosy picture with their cherry picked terms in their reports to you, when in reality, your site may be sinking in rankings overall for a larger set of keywords.

A better metric would be to establish some actions that you want to consider a "conversion" of sorts - did the user register for an account on your site? Join an email list? Buy something from you? If the overall volume of these increases as well as the ratio of these to your overall site traffic, then you are in fact seeing some improvements.
    Last edited by OhioTom76; 20-04-14 at 05:25 AM.

• 22-05-14, 05:01 PM

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12