Thread: DVR and Web Browsers

Thanks

Default DVR and Web Browsers

Hi All,

I am looking for any DVRs on the market that are able to supply JPG snapshots for retrieval. The reason I ask is that I am looking to put one on a pronto remote control that can support displaying a JPG image on the screen, but not full motion video or anything using an ActiveX control.

Basically, I need a DVR that I can access via a web browser and retrieve the last recorded image like so:

Anyone know of any that can do this? Most suppliers don't have a clue.

Thanks.

Look Here ->
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,484 Times in 691 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asafb View Post
    Hi All,

I am looking for any DVRs on the market that are able to supply JPG snapshots for retrieval. The reason I ask is that I am looking to put one on a pronto remote control that can support displaying a JPG image on the screen, but not full motion video or anything using an ActiveX control.

Basically, I need a DVR that I can access via a web browser and retrieve the last recorded image like so:

Thanks.
    You won't need a DVR most IP cameras have webservers built in and do what you want. Here are some;

Thanks

....and if you only want images when your alarm is activated, you might want to look at something like Virtual Monitoring.... (User ID:1 Password:demo)

It uses snapshot commands for any IP camera (or DVR that supports snapshot) and will take however many snapshots you tell it to. It will email images to you or quickly display them if you log in with your mobile (click on the mobile phone on the Login page to try it).

If you click on the camera icon at the top and look thru the demo cameras, there is actually a DVR in there that supports snapshots (Stardot Express). Select it from the list, click on the big camera graphic that appears and in you go.

Have Fun.

George - I don't think you've seen this solution before. I'd be interested in your feedback.
    Developer of VoIP2Go at ozvoip.net - Alarm compatible VoIP Network

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by asafb View Post
    Hi All,

Thanks.
    we used a dvr our supplier sold to us that is pc based,
    I believe its Geovision card and s/w supports snap shots, recently used one for ID scanning at a hotel to try..

Was impressed.

Thanks

Perhaps use the FTP function, then you can feed to a web hosting and then simply downlaod onto the screen you want and use a refresh script