Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Cars and trucks from early to mid 1900's

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,964 Times in 714 Posts

Morris oxford and morris cowley existed Your zoom in shows a carbide acetlyne generater on the running board the riveted bonnet hinge is interesting . The headlight mounts seem to have "breathers "on them same as the side lights . The womans dress And fashion shoes appear to be pre 1920s. the front axle has a transverse spring which is interesting as I dont know of a british design . but the hub capping appears to be early humber but they didnt show up that early . Theres a possibility that its a BSA but they were rare outside Britannia and there are no photos showing all models more work to be done

?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to hinekadon For This Useful Post:

admin (09-01-21)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hinekadon View Post
    Morris oxford and morris cowley existed Your zoom in shows a carbide acetlyne generater on the running board the riveted bonnet hinge is interesting . The headlight mounts seem to have "breathers "on them same as the side lights . The womans dress And fashion shoes appear to be pre 1920s. the front axle has a transverse spring which is interesting as I dont know of a british design . but the hub capping appears to be early humber but they didnt show up that early . Theres a possibility that its a BSA but they were rare outside Britannia and there are no photos showing all models more work to be done

?
    I have no doubt that the date of 1922 that is written on it is correct. So this carbide acetlyne generator powers the headlights and side lamps I presume ?
    I also found the riveting a bit unusual compared to photos of cars of the period. I thought the rivets would actually be a bit of a giveaway and give easy identification of what it was. Wrong

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,964 Times in 714 Posts

google 1915 renault charabanc similar front end but the carbide lights are lucas king of the road models from 1907 not the same as shown in this photo

hope this works

• The Following User Says Thank You to hinekadon For This Useful Post:

admin (09-01-21)

• Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456