Thread: Prices could rise by up to 32% with UK Xbox Live update

Thanks

Default Prices could rise by up to 32% with UK Xbox Live update

I don't know how many of you caught the article about the possible increase in the Microsoft pricing when they change over Microsoft Points to local currency. Heres a few snippets to get you all up to speed if you didnt.

The change from using Microsoft Points to pound sterling looks like bringing with it a stealth price increase, if current beta figures remain.

At the moment Microsoft is testing a new dashboard update that will do away with Microsoft Points entirely and see the cost of games given only in local currency, just as it is on PlayStation Network.

However, the current figures being used in the beta represent a price hike of anything up to a third, according to posters on the NeoGAF forum.

At the moment 400 Microsoft Points costs £3.40 but games originally sold at that price are now listed as £4.49 – a 32 per cent increase.

Games previously listed for 800 Points are also now 32 per cent more expensive (a £2.19 increase from £8.99), while 1,200 Point games are 15 per cent more (£1.56) and 1,600 Point titles 10 per cent more (£1.39).

As you’ve probably already guessed American prices do not suffer the same problems, and neither do the European ones – which are almost identical to

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Although I don't live in the UK, it looks like it's time to spend all my Microsoft Points. I've always wanted to get State of Decay anyway, and might as well now seeing as Microsoft is going for a change.