Thread: 4+2 Mode

Thanks

Default 4+2 Mode

Hey guys Not Fairly Familiar with Sec Panels going through the Manual and just wondering what 4+2 Mode i think it was Means..?

Also Blind Dial

Look Here ->
    Banned
    Thanks

Its a communications format that alarms send data to receivers in a control room,
    Some receivers/panels don't support Contact ID, the industry standard, so 4+2 was commonly used and there are heaps of panels that are out there to this day communicating via that format..

Same as SIA and IR fast, does many things unlike other formats,

IS there a specific reasoning you need to know this or just curious, because I can post detailed info if you required, but not if its just for the heck of it..

Blind dial, means the panel will dial without listening for a dial tone..
    Handy but also can cause issues, if at the time the panel is dialing theres NO line, it wont detect and hangup then try and dial another backup receiver if programmed to do so.

Thanks

yeh if u have more Info on it that would be great..... No Real Reason just Curious in Alarm Panels want to learn my way around them..

Thanks
    Thanked 1,484 Times in 691 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bluebronco28 View Post
    Hey guys Not Fairly Familiar with Sec Panels going through the Manual and just wondering what 4+2 Mode i think it was Means..?

Also Blind Dial
    4+2 is a form of communication with monitoring centers known as PULSE.

Pulse 4+1, 3+1, 4+2, 3+2, 3+1 extended, 4+1 extended, etc.

Pulse is more robust and easier to discriminate from line noise (good for VoIp enabled lines). However, pulse formats are much slower and send much less information than FSK (SIA etc) and DTMF (Contact ID etc)formats.

In the old days, alarm panels transmitted in codes. A pulsed format such as 3 + 1 or 4 + 1 meant a three-digit account number or four-digit account number with a one-digit code. For example, codes might be set up as:

Code 1 is a fire alarm;
    Code 2 is a panic, holdup, duress alarm;
    Code 3 is a burglar alarm;
    Code 4 is a medical alarm, and so forth.

Installers had control of what codes their alarm panels sent to the central station. They just had to tell the central station data entry department what the code was.

Formats such as 3 + 2 and 4 + 2 had a little more information. They still had the three-digit or four-digit account number, but now they had zone information to go along with the code.

For example, 3 + 2 meant that we could now have a three-digit account number with code 1, zone 4. Code 1 would be a fire alarm at zone 4 – the kitchen, for example.

The typical transmission times of a pulsed format sending one zone and one code of information are between 38 and 42 seconds. This was the pinnacle of technology in its time!

Now we are diving into the world of IP signaling where round trips to the monitoring center and back is done in as little as 300ms!!!

And as Security-tech pointed out Blind Dial, which can also be known as Dumb Dial doesn't check for dial tone before dialing.

Thanks

Yeh Thanx mate clears up a few things ....... as i said only sorta getting into this so this info is good... thanx for ya time if i have any more questions i'll be sure to post...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,484 Times in 691 Posts

Glad to help

Thanks

[QUOTE=Security-Tech;66179
    Blind dial, means the panel will dial without listening for a dial tone..
    Handy but also can cause issues, if at the time the panel is dialing theres NO line, it wont detect and hangup then try and dial another backup receiver if programmed to do so.[/QUOTE]

How is it going to dial the back up receiver if there is no line ?.

Thanks

George....4+2, 3+1 etc can be transmitted in DTMF also.