Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are some good games?

Thanks

Default What are some good games?

Hey, I am in serious need of some new games. I now have a decent PC, but nothing decent to run on it. I mostly like car racing games and first person shooters. Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers, Gab

Look Here ->
    Thanks

There's a Steam Sale on! Fallout New Vegas is an open world RPG with first person shooting and combat. You may love it, and it's only 5 bucks for the ultimate edition! Try it out and let me know if you like it!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by notglenn2 View Post
    There's a Steam Sale on! Fallout New Vegas is an open world RPG with first person shooting and combat. You may love it, and it's only 5 bucks for the ultimate edition! Try it out and let me know if you like it!
    That is fantastic! I have New Vegas on XBox 360, otherwise I would buy it in a heartbeat. I absolutely love the Fallout series.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferb7890 View Post
    That is fantastic! I have New Vegas on XBox 360, otherwise I would buy it in a heartbeat. I absolutely love the Fallout series.
    I've been known to buy games on Steam that I've already beaten on console, just because I love them so much. Or because I have a spending problem... I haven't decided yet!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferb7890 View Post
    Don't let that stop you, on the PC the main draw of the Fallout series is the mod community.
    Take a look through New Vegas' Workshop in Steam and you'll see it's very much worth getting it on the PC especially at such a low price.

Thanks

If you like FPS games then i would recommend to you the best FPS game which is the Call of duty series. For me personally Call of duty modernwarfare series is the best. For Racing games the best franchise would have to be need for speed, both the gameplay and graphics are amazing.

Thanks

Lightbulb Some good games

Here is a list of my favorite games.
    • Fallout 3
    • Fallout New Vegas
    • Skyrim
    • Bioshock
    • Bioshock 2
    • Bioshock Infinite
    • Dishonored
    • Counter Strike
    • Garrys mod
    • Portal
    • Portal 2
    • Any of the Half Life games
    -Chives152

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chives152 View Post
    Here is a list of my favorite games.
    • Fallout 3
    • Fallout New Vegas
    • Skyrim
    • Bioshock
    • Bioshock 2
    • Bioshock Infinite
    • Dishonored
    • Counter Strike
    • Garrys mod
    • Portal
    • Portal 2
    • Any of the Half Life games
    damn thats a good list. just check the years some came out though in case graphics matter to you.
    ...In Somnis Veritas...

Thanks

Well... the new game that just came out GTA V is good. Open world, and it's so realistic.

Thanks

its also not made for PC
    ...In Somnis Veritas...

• The Following User Says Thank You to osiris777 For This Useful Post:

Rick (17-11-13)

Thanks

I would certainly recommend GTA: San Andreas. It's purely amazing, especially if you're up for multiplayer games as it can offer a multiplayer mod. SA-MP is a great way to relax and let some steam off as it provides you with all kinds of fun; you can be a cop on a server that simulates real life environments, you can race around, you can drift, you can just shoot other players or perhaps drive trucks or fly planes. It has a huge variety of options.

Thanks

You should try Deus ex human revolution. It's a story driven game where they have a really epic story plot that makes you dive deeper into the game. It's a first person shooter but it can give you a challenge if you play stealth all game or if you want, you can go balls deep and kill everything. I love the game myself and would recommend it to you if you like a story driven games where it can give you a challenge.

Thanks

Well if you think you've got a decent computer, you should give mirrors edge a try, it's basically a parkour game and it has the most realistic graphics ever.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blackbagel View Post
    You should try Deus ex human revolution. It's a story driven game where they have a really epic story plot that makes you dive deeper into the game. It's a first person shooter but it can give you a challenge if you play stealth all game or if you want, you can go balls deep and kill everything. I love the game myself and would recommend it to you if you like a story driven games where it can give you a challenge.
    That's a great suggestion and sorry to come in late with this, but it was on sale for I think $3 last week.
    I'm sure it will be back on sale in the Christmas sale on Steam though, so it will probably be back to that price soon enough.

Thanks

For racing you could try Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed. It's not a reality simulator like some other games, it's more cartoonish like Mario Kart. I still think it's pretty fun though. For FPS maybe you can try the Serious Sam series, Counter Strike, or Team Fortress 2.

Thanks

You can also try any of the Stalker games, they have a wonderful single player campaign, the best atmosphere in any video game that I have ever experienced. Far Cry games are also very good. They have a pretty open world that you can explore and complete side quests if you don't want to follow the main story of the game. Fallout 3 is also a very good first person shooter, adventure game. It can actually teach you politics and ethics if you pay enough attention to it.

Thanks

That's a really great list, and people ahve made some fantastic points. In my opinion games that really come into their own on the PC are RTS games. Some absolutely amazing title are not so new, but they are classics, and are great games no matter how old they are. Just a few examples are; Rome Total War, Warhammer Dawn of War, Battle for Middle Earth.... these are just a few of my favorites... I play them all the time even years later after they were released. They're still absolute gold.

Thanks

I think the best option for you would be to first download Steam and start browsing from there. The selection of free games are great ranging from Team Fortress 2, Dota 2, Gotham City Impostors, and the games that they have on sale are always good! Browse some, try some demos, buy a cheap game or two and eventually you'll amass a huge library of god knows how many games that you've never played!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seiryu View Post
    I think the best option for you would be to first download Steam and start browsing from there. The selection of free games are great ranging from Team Fortress 2, Dota 2, Gotham City Impostors, and the games that they have on sale are always good! Browse some, try some demos, buy a cheap game or two and eventually you'll amass a huge library of god knows how many games that you've never played!
    Seconding Gotham City Impostors and TF2 pretty hard. Especially if you're into multiplayer shooters with a more casual atmosphere, they're definitely worth checking out.

Thanks

Counter Strike: Global Offensive is a pretty good game.

It's really good if you are looking for competitive play too, just need to find yourself a team.

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast