Thread: Infestation: Survivor Stories

Thanks
    Thanked 2,404 Times in 1,392 Posts

Default Infestation: Survivor Stories

Just wondering if any Austech members are playing this game and what you think about it. I'm considering buying it on steam whilst it's on sale.
    Last edited by mickstv; 18-07-13 at 12:51 AM.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Don't buy the game. Seriously.
    If you're not aware, the first thing to know is that this game is the exact same thing as WarZ, just under a different name.
    If that doesn't cause you to reconsider, then let me give you the rundown on the whole WarZ controversy that took place a while back.
    Essentially, this game is a rip-off of the DayZ mode for Arma II. Why do I say rip-off? Because as soon as DayZ gained popularity, Hammerpoint (the developers) simultaneously announced that they had been working on a game that is incredibly similar to DayZ for some time already.

In a nutshell, their release was absolutely terrible and full of lies and misinformation on the part of Hammerpoint. For example, they advertised various and large maps, but only had one map that was much smaller than they had promised, they only had a few official servers, despite advertising both private and official servers, and many other errors in their advertisement. Not to mention that the death system on release was absolutely terrible, and the fact that you could lose premium items permanently very easily. Finally, the administrators also had terrible public relation skills, responding to an outbreak in hackers by banning numerous accounts AT RANDOM (this included innocent players). Many more issues surfaced as time went on, and their was much criticism since even day one. The game was even pulled off of Steam for a period of time before re-appearing.

Basically, unless WarZ has changed drastically since their release, it's a rip-off game with bad mechanics, bad premium, bad gameplay and bad developers that isn't really worth your money, no matter the price.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Seiryu For This Useful Post:

mickstv (23-07-13),tagg (20-07-13)

Thanks

Yes! AS mentioned by Seiryu it is just WarZ. I don't even know why Steam is allowing it on Steam. They even removed the metacritc which was VERY VERY LOW! The game is really bad and the developers are just a bunch of greedy pigs. You should turn away from this game and find a different game on Steam. There are so many better games than that horrible game.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FlyKoreanBoi View Post
    Yes! AS mentioned by Seiryu it is just WarZ. I don't even know why Steam is allowing it on Steam. They even removed the metacritc which was VERY VERY LOW! The game is really bad and the developers are just a bunch of greedy pigs. You should turn away from this game and find a different game on Steam. There are so many better games than that horrible game.
    I honestly don't know how this sort of thing goes on under Valve's nose.
    It's not the first time they did this either, what a horrible game developer.
    "They don't like our game because it's a blatant copy of another title? Let's just change the name and put it back up on Steam"

Thanks

Hi mate, I've been playing DayZ since last year & strayed for a moment to download Infestation #cough# War Z #cough#.
    Utter load of codswallop! I spent all of about 3 minutes on this trash & went back DayZ & Arma2!!!
    Standalone DayZ will be out eventually soon, but it's still worth buying Arma2 Combined Ops & downloading DayZ mod for free.
    Happy to be here......still

• The Following User Says Thank You to poddy For This Useful Post:

mickstv (28-07-13)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,404 Times in 1,392 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by poddy View Post
    Hi mate, I've been playing DayZ since last year & strayed for a moment to download Infestation #cough# War Z #cough#.
    Utter load of codswallop! I spent all of about 3 minutes on this trash & went back DayZ & Arma2!!!
    Standalone DayZ will be out eventually soon, but it's still worth buying Arma2 Combined Ops & downloading DayZ mod for free.

Thanks, I'll check out DayZ.