Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Printing from a Tablet, any Tablet???

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gordon_s1942 View Post
    Is it possible to connect a Tablet (any brand) to a printer preferably by Wifi?
    I have a Canon MG5460 WiFi printer that I have connected to a desktop and L/top computer via the router and I was wondering can a Tablet (any brand) be connected too?
    I've only used an app that connected my tablet to my printer directly. However, this depended on my tablet's compatibility with my printer. I cannot say much about connecting a tablet to a printer through your wireless router, except that it is possible for some devices and you may need to download an apk (app) for this to work.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carneita2000 View Post
    I've only used an app that connected my tablet to my printer directly. However, this depended on my tablet's compatibility with my printer. I cannot say much about connecting a tablet to a printer through your wireless router, except that it is possible for some devices and you may need to download an apk (app) for this to work.
    'Comparability' seems to be the name of the game indeed.
    I have learnt that 'Tablets aint all the same', not only is there a wide difference between the brands but even different models sold by the same company respond differently even to the same operating system.
    I found an App I wanted and loaded it without a problem into one Tablet but a few months later when I bought a different brand but still using the Android O/System, I could not find the App in the Playshop.
    I even emailed the App's company only to be told by them they didnt have an Android working App (oh boyyyyyy, I must be seeing things in the Google Playshop)
    A few weeks later I was browsing the store and there was the App I wanted.
    I have no idea why it didnt appear before but there it was so I loaded it before it vanished.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,796 Times in 862 Posts

Tomtom GO730 ,Navcore 9.004 ,Bootloader 5.5256 ,Map :Australia 845.2661
    ttmaps and Tomplayer on 16GB SDHC class6
    Password for all my files: downunder

Thanks

Yes you can but you need a printer that has the Wifi connection, you need the app for that printer and the Tablet (Eg IPad). Then you fixed up. So anything is possible when yo have the right set up.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,796 Times in 862 Posts

Not really with cloud print any normal printer connected to your PC will do.
    If you already have a printer and PC it is the easiest way, only downside is that you need the PC on and the cloud printing stuff installed.
    Still much easier and cheaper than to buy a supported printer for Android - as there is no printer driver available for android
    For Airprint capable printers you find enough solutions in the Playstore, but who wants to buy a new printer if the old one works just fine?
    HP has Eprint printers and the right app for it, Epson and Canon similar.
    So options are there enough it just depends if you want/have a capable printer or want to use your existing printer.
    Tomtom GO730 ,Navcore 9.004 ,Bootloader 5.5256 ,Map :Australia 845.2661
    ttmaps and Tomplayer on 16GB SDHC class6
    Password for all my files: downunder

Thanks

Google Cloud Print is a really good choice. I use it to print directly from my iPhone, iPad, laptop and work PC. Essentially I can be anywhere in the world and I just send the print job to Google Cloud Print, which in turn sends the job to my wireless printer at home. There's a little bit of set-up involved of course but it's really handy and I've had no problems with it so far.

Thanks

Is it possible to connect a Tablet (any brand) to a printer preferably by Wifi?
    I have a Canon MG5460 WiFi printer that I have connected to a desktop and L/top computer via the router and I was wondering can a Tablet (any brand) be connected too?
    All tablets have wifi, so all tablets should allow printing through wifi. There are some tablets however, that may require a special app or software in order to carry out the process. This shouldn't be a problem though, seeing that you have app markets such as google playstore. I have a windows 8 dell venue 8 pro tablet. So it is much like a laptop. I print through wifi

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Carneita2000 View Post
    Yes, the tablet isn't the issue...the printer is. it needs to be compatible with the tablet. In any case, if it's giving you a problem. Email the document to yourself and print it from a computer. There is even the possibility of printing from your cloud storage with google skydrive. Try it out.

Thanks

I have learnt that 'Tablets aint all the same', not only is there a wide difference between the brands but even different models sold by the same company respond differently even to the same operating system.
    I found an App I wanted and loaded it without a problem into one Tablet but a few months later when I bought a different brand but still using the Android O/System, I could not find the App in the Playshop.
    I even emailed the App's company only to be told by them they didnt have an Android working App (oh boyyyyyy, I must be seeing things in the Google Playshop)
    I have no idea why it didnt appear before but there it was so I loaded it before it vanished.
    I do agree. Apps vanish from the playstore every now and then. However, it should be easy to get the apk from off google search engine. Usually, when you download from the store, you don't get the apk...only the direct installation.

Thanks

I do agree. Apps vanish from the playstore every now and then. However, it should be easy to get the apk from off google search engine. Usually, when you download from the store, you don't get the apk...only the direct installation.

Thanks

Have you tried doing this to an iPad as well? Right now, what I do to print stuff that I have done on my iPad is send the material to my email, open it in a PC that's connected to a printer and print from there. I find that rather inconvenient and I wish that I can just print directly from my iPad. Has any of you tried doing this?

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12