Thread: Optud D2 Sat set up Help...Need some advise...all suggestions welcome.

Thanks

Exclamation Optud D2 Sat set up Help...Need some advise...all suggestions welcome.

First of all sorry for the spell mistake Optus D2 ...Dumb auto spell checker...n now it wont let me change it!!
    Hi Guys I am new to this satellite tv and I have recently bought

I have open box S 16, 65 cm dish with Universal ku LNB with following details

LO INPUT OUTPUT GAIN
    9.75 10.70-11.70 950-1950 65
    10.6 11.70-12.75 1100-2150 65

NOISE .1 DB

and I have tried my best to set optus d2 but it keeps on saying strength 68 and quality 1-5% .could some one please suggest me how to go about setting this sat up and with the frequency numbers.
    I think first thing I need to do is add LO Number 9.75-10.6 and then because it is universal lnb I have to make sure 22k is on n then what frequencies should I feed in the box I have worked with various transponders like freq 12408- sy 30000 I guess it is test freq or something n then I have also tried Vertical I have also tried some others like 12734 V 22500 sym

Thanks LEYROY...MTV...in advance
    Last edited by spgrewal; 13-08-13 at 06:30 PM.

Look Here ->
    Banned

Thanks

You do not have 22khz on .

Thanks
    Thanked 1,452 Times in 1,066 Posts

Wink Universal LNB.

Quote Originally Posted by spgrewal View Post
    First of all sorry for the spell mistake Optus D2 ...Dumb auto spell checker...n now it wont let me change it!!
    Hi Guys I am new to this satellite tv and I have recently bought

I have open box S 16, 65 cm dish with Universal ku LNB with following details

LO INPUT OUTPUT GAIN
    9.75 10.70-11.70 950-1950 65
    10.6 11.70-12.75 1100-2150 65

NOISE .1 DB

and I have tried my best to set optus d2 but it keeps on saying strength 68 and quality 1-5% .could some one please suggest me how to go about setting this sat up and with the frequency numbers.
    I think first thing I need to do is add LO Number 9.75-10.6 and then because it is universal lnb I have to make sure 22k is on n then what frequencies should I feed in the box I have worked with various transponders like freq 12408- sy 30000 I guess it is test freq or something n then I have also tried Vertical I have also tried some others like 12734 V 22500 sym

Thanks LEYROY...MTV...in advance
    I'll try to make it easier to comprehend.
    A Universal LNB has two LOs. 09750 and 10600 with a auto band change over at 10700.
    The box controls this with a 22KHz tone burst in breaks of the constant 22KHz tone if used for other
    purposes.

You do not need this ON for Universal LNB switching as this is auto select Hi/Lo depending on channel selected. The constant tone is used to switch LNBs or Dishes.
    You can readily check this as I have with it ON / OFF when using Hi / Lo channels.

I do hope that clears up that furphy!!!!!!
    guru:

• The Following User Says Thank You to beer4life For This Useful Post:

spgrewal (13-08-13)

Thanks

Opps! I forgot to mention your name--- beer4life --in my advance thank you note In my first post.

P.S Still waiting for ...little more detailed answer to help me out..N my suburb is Roxburgh Park victoria

Thanks
    Thanked 1,452 Times in 1,066 Posts

Opps! I forgot to mention your name--- beer4life --in my advance thank you note In my first post.

P.S Still waiting for ...little more detailed answer to help me out..N my suburb is Roxburgh Park victoria

Thanks for the Kudos. My pleasure.

If you use:

You can input your exact street address and move the icon to where your dish is, but these figures should be good enough to align your dish to D2.

Kindest Regards, " The Druid ".

Last edited by beer4life; 13-08-13 at 09:37 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to beer4life For This Useful Post:

spgrewal (16-08-13)

Thanks

I tried n tried at this freq 12734 sym 22500 as well n lo set at 9750-10600 nothing, it is stuck at 70-70% strength n quality is 4-5% any suggestions guys?

Now I have started to think something is wrong with my LNB

P.S Can someone suggest me where I can buy LNB holder bracket - preferably closer to western suburbs! Thanks

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,079 Times in 6,766 Posts

What's wrong with the existing LNB holder?

Low signal quality with high signal strength is often just LNB skew set incorrectly.

For D2, LNB skew will be somewhere between the 6 & 7 o'clock positions of the LNB output connector when viewed from the front of the dish.

You will still need to make fine adjustments of dish azimuth, elevation and LNB skew whilst watching a signal quality scale, either on a meter with such a scale, or screen displaying signal strength and quality scaled from your decoder.

Thanks

[QUOTE=mtv;564797]What's wrong with the existing LNB holder?

For some weird reason..our previous tenants stole the LNB, Holder and its wire lol! so I have ordered LNB but cannt find any place to find LNB bracket so for the time being I am DIY solution by using bracket clamp facing the four buttons that are inside the dish.....
    Anyways I will try your suggestion...n will update soon...thanks for the reply though!

Administrator
    Thanks

For some weird reason..our previous tenants stole the LNB, Holder and its wire lol! so I have ordered LNB but cannt find any place to find LNB bracket so for the time being I am DIY solution by using bracket clamp facing the four buttons that are inside the dish.....
    Anyways I will try your suggestion...n will update soon...thanks for the reply though!

No wonder you are having problems with alignment!

LNB focal distance and position is critical and varies greatly from dish manufacturers and even different models and sizes of dish so you really need an exact replacement LNB holder for that particular dish, unless perhaps you are experienced at setting up multiple LNB's on a single dish, which you've demonstrated you're not at that level of expertise yet.

In your situation, I would highly recommend purchasing a new dish, which will come with the correct LNB holder.

A fixed LO 10700 LNB will also make this process much simpler to set up.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

It wouldn't be that much more for a complete new dish which will come with a new LNB holder. You will then find it will be so much easier to align your dish. You have to remember, aligning a dish is a precision process and not the same as putting up a TV antenna. You're aiming for an object the size of a refigerator in space so you have to be spot on.

Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Thanks

seems like one option..anyways on the other hand I got 90% strength and 56+ quality on the test beam!! I guess it is same one with sym 30000..but ofcourse nothing else..will try again...if it doesn't work I guess then new dish it is.

Quote Originally Posted by LeroyPatrol View Post
    It wouldn't be that much more for a complete new dish which will come with a new LNB holder. You will then find it will be so much easier to align your dish. You have to remember, aligning a dish is a precision process and not the same as putting up a TV antenna. You're aiming for an object the size of a refigerator in space so you have to be spot on.

Leroy

Administrator
    Thanks

seems like one option..anyways on the other hand I got 90% strength and 56+ quality on the test beam!!
    If you got those figures, it should be working, so you must have something else wrong as well.

Banned
    Thanks

LNB Skew!

Thanks

Thanks guys! it worked with my DIY $2 LNB holder. So thank you all for your help..I had to work on LNB Skew a little but it worked out. Now I have to figure out how to set up two dishes with one receiver..I guess there is some connector for this purpose.

If some one could answer my following questions, I would be grateful.

1) Currently I have strength of 90% and Quality between 65-74% -what values are usually considered normal for good reception of d2 channels
    2) I am thinking of buying GOG 4x1 DiSEqC Switch 950-2400MHz DiSEqC 2.0 is it ok? (to connect two dishes to one receiver)
    3) Once I connect this switch connect - what else do I need to do and would I be able to watch the tv channels from both dishes just by clicking channels or do I have to press some switch button first?

Thanks
    Last edited by spgrewal; 15-08-13 at 07:07 PM.

Administrator
    Thanks

The signal readings you have, just in percentage are indicative only and not an actual measurement, such as dBuV and BER/MER but they serve as a guide.

90% is very good to excellent for strength and signal quality above 70% is very good, but above 80% is preferable.

Regardless of figures, with digital, it basically works or it doesn't.... just try to obtain the highest figures for both.

A 4X1 DiSEqC switch will control up to 4 LNB's.

You can get 2X1 versions if you only need two inputs.

You will have to configure your decoder settings so that it knows which LNB to select for which satellite.

eg: DiSEqC switch input 1 is for the dish/LNB aimed at D2 and DiSEqC switch input 2 is for dish/LNB aimed at IS19.

• The Following User Says Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

spgrewal (16-08-13)