Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'Missing' APP in playshop for a Galaxy Tab3.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Default 'Missing' APP in playshop for a Galaxy Tab3.

I cannot find the app called 'realestate.com.au' in the playstore using the Tab3.
    The icon for this site is a red disk with the white outline of a house.
    The App came installed on the Aldi tablet and I can find it in the playstore using the desktop computer or if I ask for it as a website on the Tab3 but for some reason, the Tab3 finds every other real estate site in Playstore for the whole damned world but this one........
    I just tried to download the APP to the desktop but it told me I hadnt 'used this device on this account' so I am not sure how to proceed from there.
    Any ideas or suggestions other than throwing another hissy fit???
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Look Here ->
    2014 Austech AFL tipping champion.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,523 Times in 804 Posts

I have a crappy htc wildfire, and I just searched real estate and it came up 4th in the list.

Thanks

have you linked your gmail account to the tab3

That may help you or not.

Premium Member

Thanks

I have downloaded several APPs on both the old Aldi tablet and the new Galaxy Tab3 but this one APP just isnt there on the list.
    I had to re-sync the Aldi after I did a reset but if the Tab isnt linked now, how come it lets me download and pay for APPs using the original google account ?

Hughdman, I am having exactly the same problem as the person in the link had, the APP is there in Playstore on everything else but the Tab3 !!!
    Oddly I wonder if there is a minor compatibility problem there?
    I dont know if this will work but if I have it on the SD card in the Aldi, can I take that card, put it in the Galaxy and 'transfer' the App to the internal memory of the Tab3?
    Another option would be to use the computer as a transfer from one SD card to another, something to think about.
    Rhetorical questions as unless someone has already done this, there is no answer.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Dont use the play store app, use your web browser and see if it makes a difference.

Thanks

I heard a while ago, that Apps won't come up, for your device, if they aren't compatible.

Premium Member

Thanks

I tried taking the SD card from the Aldi to the Samsung with that APP on it (realestate.com.au) but it didnt 'see' it in the listing but 'saw' everything else on the SD card.
    From this and the problems mentioned in that link you supplied shows that to paraphrase an old TV advertisement, 'Not all Apps are available APPs' in Google.
    It would appear that although these devises use the Android APP operating system, there are incompatibility issues between the various makers which is a bit annoying and it makes you wonder just what else doesnt work between the different makes.

I forgot to mention I tried the Samsung 'shop' I have with the Galaxy and that APP isnt there either.
    Last edited by gordon_s1942; 15-08-13 at 06:00 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,207 Times in 1,132 Posts

Look for the Domain apk as I think they got merged, or i read it wrong or something lol
    Last edited by best4less; 15-08-13 at 06:22 PM. Reason: GETTING MY APP AND APKS twisted
    When you do things right, people won't be sure that you have done anything at all

Premium Member

Thanks

If you mean Domain.com.au as an APP, that is a separate APP which I have on both the Aldi and Galaxy.
    Both Domain and Realestate are a compilation of agencies advertising Real Estate but dont always carry the same properties in the area we are interested in.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,207 Times in 1,132 Posts

I must of miss read it for sure
    When you do things right, people won't be sure that you have done anything at all

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Default 'Missing' APP in playshop for a Galaxy Tab3.

Between the 3 Android devices I have, I find lots of incompatibility with certain App's.

Doesn't seem to relate to the version of Android either.
    I find the best/easiest way is to load Apps from the store via a laptop or PC, it shows if it comparable before you start.

Your issue may be different :-)
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

Premium Member

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by best4less View Post
    I must of miss read it for sure
    Not necessarily B4less, they could have merged but still operating as separate entities in the market place due to their strong brand names.

Premium Member

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oceanboy View Post
    Between the 3 Android devices I have, I find lots of incompatibility with certain App's.

Doesn't seem to relate to the version of Android either.
    I find the best/easiest way is to load Apps from the store via a laptop or PC, it shows if it comparable before you start.

Your issue may be different :-)
    For people like me who are battling at the best of times to get things working, that does not impress me at all oceanboy to read that.
    This App isnt incompatible, its plainly NOT there to load to begin with !!!.

Thanks

By my understanding since it's a tab, and it isn't configured to work on a tab, u will not see it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,087 Times in 637 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gordon_s1942 View Post
    For people like me who are battling at the best of times to get things working, that does not impress me at all oceanboy to read that.
    This App isnt incompatible, its plainly NOT there to load to begin with !!!.
    I'm with hughdman, the way I understood it to work was that you would not be shown an app if it wasn't compatible with your device, would make more sense for it to not be there than if it was there but wouldn't work

Premium Member

Thanks

Its an Android APP shown in Google Play Store but it appears not all devises that use the Android system are compatible with all the APPs available and in this instance, the APP does not appear in the Google Playstore when you look for it but use another Tablet like the Aldi Bauhn and its there, go figure !!!

I have seen some APPs state they are for specific devices such as a brand of mobile phone only.
    This makes me ask the very obvious question that when your buying a devise that says it uses the Android system, how do you know it will be compatible with the Apps you may specifically want ?
    After all, its the APPs that are the selling point of these Tablets isnt it ?

I sent an email to realestate.com.au about this so now to wait to see if they make any reply about it.
    Reply received and it seems they (realestate.com.au) are aware of the problem however they say they are not going to try to 'fix' it because of the variation between Android devises which while I understand their reasoning, doesnt please me as it means there is apparently no 'standard Android' system.........
    Last edited by gordon_s1942; 17-08-13 at 05:45 PM.

Thanks

Here is the APk file, put it on your sd card and install it from there.

I deleted the link because it was an old version and won't install
    Last edited by joezep; 18-08-13 at 06:01 PM. Reason: old version

Premium Member

Thanks

You wont believe some of the errors I have just had trying to download that APP.
    I have had 'Parsing' errors' what ever that is, 'Script on page has stopped running' , 'You havent accessed the Playstore with this account before' (I havent??) and finaly on the Galaxy its says, 'No devise'................
    I have download both the Appinstaller and the QR barcode scanner but it refuses to load Realestate..................

Joezep, I accessed that link you gave me using the Galaxy and had an email sent of the link and there is the realestate app large as life but so far the Galaxy wont download it, YET !!!

I have just found it on the SD card but when I TAP on it I get the message that 'There was a problem parsing the package', whats does that mean?
    Last edited by gordon_s1942; 18-08-13 at 04:39 PM.

Thanks

Sorry for that. I just tried it on my phone samsung galaxy s2 and got the same message. I checked google play and the latest version is 1.4, the link I posted was an old version 1.2 thats why i presume it would not install.

Thanks

I can't verify if it works, it may be worth a try.

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast