Thread: Help needed to tell me if my figures are right re. Sat Finder

Thanks

Default Help needed to tell me if my figures are right re. Sat Finder

Hi..
    I am only a beginner at this so can someone help...I am in Vic. Australia. I have found the optus C1 sat so after the other optus sats just to see what they have.. Have a Itech world D3 sat finder.. Are the settings I have right to look for other sats....Here are the readings on my finder Sat D1.. Lo Freq 10700. Down freq 12267. Symbol Rate 22500. Polarity V. Disq Off 22k on......D2. Lo Freq Univ.. Down freq 12274. Symbol Rate 22500.. Polarity H. Disq 1-0 off 22k auto.. A question ? Do you have to put in the type of LNB after the Lo freq.???? A couple of other questions I will ask later but will try to sort this out first.. Thanks for your time and help...Peter

Look Here ->
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

There's a few things not adding up.

What is the LO frequency of the LNB you are using?

The LNB settings in the meter must match the LNB you are using.

What transponders on D1 are you hoping to tune?

eg: 12267MHz on D1 is Sky New Zealand. It is horizontally polarised, not vertical. It has a NZ beam only, so you won't receive it in Australia and even if you could, it's encrypted.

On D2, 12274MHz is vertical, not horizontal. It is a feeds-only transponder and the footprint is not specified, but will only operate intermittently when feeds are being transmitted.

You will not be able to tune this transponder when feeds are not present. eg: no feed = no signal.

• The Following User Says Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

petermacg (19-08-13)

Thanks

Hi.
    Thanks for your help.. The LO freq on LNB is 10.7GHZ.. I am trying to find another sat. that has something that I could watch..Not fussy just trying to tune to another sat to learn how to do so.. Is there sats available from Apollo bay..vic. Aust.. that I can receive and watch on a dish the same size as the optus/austar ones... If so what settings do I have to put in...Sorry about being a nuisance but am a slow learner..Hope you can help...Peter

Thanks
    Thanked 1,452 Times in 1,066 Posts

Wink Multi Satellites.

Quote Originally Posted by petermacg View Post
    Hi.
    Thanks for your help.. The LO freq on LNB is 10.7GHZ.. I am trying to find another sat. that has something that I could watch..Not fussy just trying to tune to another sat to learn how to do so.. Is there sats available from Apollo bay..vic. Aust.. that I can receive and watch on a dish the same size as the optus/austar ones... If so what settings do I have to put in...Sorry about being a nuisance but am a slow learner..Hope you can help...Peter
    Have a look here. These are the satellites in our sky, only good if they have a beam into Australia.

Optus satellites have a different Skew ~45 degrees, to others and you cannot optimise both on a single setup.

Unless you are using a 22KHz switch, leave that OFF. Not required for band switching on a Universal LNB either.

C1 and D3 are co-located and appear as one.

• The Following User Says Thank You to beer4life For This Useful Post:

petermacg (19-08-13)