Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DiSEqC 2.0 setting problems

Thanks

Default DiSEqC 2.0 setting problems

Hi There guys

Need some help with DiSEqC Switch 950-2400MHz DiSEqC 2.0, I recently bought this to work along with open box s16 sat receiver.

I have two satellites, I have used C (asia sat 3s )sat lnb cable in port 1 and Ku (d2) on port 2 of the actual diseqc box. When I go into menu settings under antenna setup for open box it shows two options DiSEqc1.0 and other Diseqc 1.1 . I have tried to select diseqc 1.0 port 1 for asiasat and then diseqc port 2 for d2. however it only dispays channels from asia sat and no signal from d2, I have checked d2 by putting it directly n it works fine. Any suggestions?

N yes one for more thing( Not sure if it matters or not) I have bought 4 in 1 diseqc and n I kept asia sat on port 2 on actually diseqc box but kept on changing d2 from line port 1, to port 3 to port 4. When I changed it for the first time- both channels were showing but when I went back to d2 it went blank again- it happened all three times when I changed the acutally cable from port 1 to 3 to 4.

Thanks guys

Look Here ->
    Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spgrewal View Post
    Hi There guys

Need some help with DiSEqC Switch 950-2400MHz DiSEqC 2.0, I recently bought this to work along with open box s16 sat receiver.

I have two satellites, I have used C (asia sat 3s )sat lnb cable in port 1 and Ku (d2) on port 2 of the actual diseqc box. When I go into menu settings under antenna setup for open box it shows two options DiSEqc1.0 and other Diseqc 1.1 . I have tried to select diseqc 1.0 port 1 for asiasat and then diseqc port 2 for d2. however it only dispays channels from asia sat and no signal from d2, I have checked d2 by putting it directly n it works fine. Any suggestions?

N yes one for more thing( Not sure if it matters or not) I have bought 4 in 1 diseqc and n I kept asia sat on port 2 on actually diseqc box but kept on changing d2 from line port 1, to port 3 to port 4. When I changed it for the first time- both channels were showing but when I went back to d2 it went blank again- it happened all three times when I changed the acutally cable from port 1 to 3 to 4.

Thanks guys
    Have you set up the two satellites in your box, I guess that you have
    Last edited by toyboy11; 22-08-13 at 04:52 PM.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

Sounds confusing.

Are you using one diseqc switch or two?

Thanks

Hi guys

Toyboy : I have both sats saved- including transponders n channels. When I connect the cable individually first from D2 n then from asiasat sat- I can watch channels from there respective sats. So I guess I have both sats tuned in receiver.

MTv : Are you using one diseqc switch or two : -

1) I have this DiSEqC Switch : DiSEqC 2.0 950-2400MHz 4 in 1
    2) I have connected actual cable from c sat - asiasat 3s into port 2 of this diseqc 2.0 box and d2 -ku sat cable into port 3 of this diseqc 2.0 box
    3) Now when I go into my openbox menu under Antenna setup-( I first selected asiasat 3s ) it shows me two options which by default are disabled one I diseqc 1.0 n other is diseqc 1.1
    - I selected diseqc 1.0 used port 2 for asiasat 3s n signal comes n then
    4) I selected d2 sat n under antenna set up I again selected diseqc 1.0 n used port 3 for this but nada...nothing no signals

Now the funny thing is even if I disable diseqc 1.0 for asiasat...signals still stays strong...so I hope I have not confused everyone once again..by my blabber....if yes please let me know...n I will try to explain further..
    Last edited by spgrewal; 22-08-13 at 05:15 PM.

Administrator
    Thanks

Try using ports 1 and 2 on the disecqc switch and selecting diseqc 1.1 in the decoder settings.

Thanks

yes changed the cables to ports 1 (d2) port 2 (asiasat) and selected diseqc 1.1 nothing...same thing happens...it catches c sat signals no matter which option I select n when it comes to d2 nothing.

Administrator
    Thanks

Looking at your screen shots, your signal strength and quality from D2 are way too low.

What readings do you get from the same D2 transponder when you connect the Ku LNB direct to the decoder?

Thanks

90 and 70!..directly it works without any problem.

Administrator
    Thanks

Sounds like a dodgy diseqc switch then... attenuating Ku band.

Banned
    Thanks

Does your switch look like this
    THE 2 ON THE LEFT ARE lnb 1&2 AND THE 2 ON THE RIGHT ARE lNB 3&4- THE CENTER ONE TO YOUR BOX.

Last edited by toyboy11; 22-08-13 at 06:06 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to toyboy11 For This Useful Post:

spgrewal (24-08-13)

Thanks

The funny part is no matter what I did...earlier I kept port 2 only for c sat n it kept on working doesn't matter what I do diseqc 1.0...or 1,1 or dis n but then I thought may by only port 2 is working so I changed c sat to port 1....n then ku to port 2 ...to my surprise...c still working without a prob...n nothing with ku no signals no nothing.

Thanks

or is it because the switch initself is 2.0 and the menu options of decoder only shows 1.0 n 1.1?

Administrator
    Thanks

Diseqc switches are usually backwards compatible.

Try another switch

Thanks
    Thanked 1,452 Times in 1,066 Posts

Wink DiSEqC , Multiswitches and LNBs.

Hi guys

Toyboy : I have both sats saved- including transponders n channels. When I connect the cable individually first from D2 n then from asiasat sat- I can watch channels from there respective sats. So I guess I have both sats tuned in receiver.

MTv : Are you using one diseqc switch or two : -

1) I have this DiSEqC Switch : DiSEqC 2.0 950-2400MHz 4 in 1
    2) I have connected actual cable from c sat - asiasat 3s into port 2 of this diseqc 2.0 box and d2 -ku sat cable into port 3 of this diseqc 2.0 box
    3) Now when I go into my openbox menu under Antenna setup-( I first selected asiasat 3s ) it shows me two options which by default are disabled one I diseqc 1.0 n other is diseqc 1.1
    - I selected diseqc 1.0 used port 2 for asiasat 3s n signal comes n then
    4) I selected d2 sat n under antenna set up I again selected diseqc 1.0 n used port 3 for this but nada...nothing no signals

Now the funny thing is even if I disable diseqc 1.0 for asiasat...signals still stays strong...so I hope I have not confused everyone once again..by my blabber....if yes please let me know...n I will try to explain further..
    Methinks you are confusing DiSEqC and Multiswitches and LNBs and Universal LNBs.
    If in fact you do have a Universal LNB, you need a Multiswitch not a DiSEqC switch.
    The 22KHz continuous tone only complicates things. Not required with your setup.
    That is used for a 2 input tone switch.
    DiSEqC 2.0 is for 2 way communication from decoder to Dish, although it is backward compatible.

22KHz Switch.

You need similar to this if using Universal LNB.
    Nota Bene: The Hi/Lo and H/V switching is done in the unit and is auto selected by any connected box.

Last edited by beer4life; 22-08-13 at 08:35 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to beer4life For This Useful Post:

spgrewal (24-08-13)

Thanks

So In other words...It is not working because diseqc cannot be used C band dish (LNB LO 5150) and Ku band dish -universal LNB 9750-10600, so if I change my ku band lnb to non universal lnb it should work? strange but I am sure it must be correct if you are saying it.

"The Multi-Switch

* A Multi-Switch combines signal from more than one LNB and sends the signal to more than one receiver.

* A Multi-Switch is usually used with DISH Network or DirecTV systems. It can be used with Free To Air system.

* When using a multi switch, the first port is always controlled by 13V & the second by 18V DC (1 for each polarity).To receive both polarizations (H/V or R/L) you must have each port connected to a LNB. It means you have a cable for horizontal and a cable for vertical.
    * This is one way to connect more than one decoder to a dual LNB. A single LNB will not work on both polarizations.

Quote Originally Posted by beer4life View Post
    Methinks you are confusing DiSEqC and Multiswitches and LNBs and Universal LNBs.
    If in fact you do have a Universal LNB, you need a Multiswitch not a DiSEqC switch.
    The 22KHz continuous tone only complicates things. Not required with your setup.
    That is used for a 2 input tone switch.
    DiSEqC 2.0 is for 2 way communication from decoder to Dish, although it is backward compatible.

22KHz Switch.

You need similar to this if using Universal LNB.
    Nota Bene: The Hi/Lo and H/V switching is done in the unit and is auto selected by any connected box.

Banned
    Thanks

Have you tried setting up your C band to 1.0 in your box and then setup your KU Band to Diseqc to 1.1 also in your box, to me that should work.

Thanks

Yes, I have tried setting up c band on 1.o and then ku band on 1.1 and visa versa as well..but nothing. Seriously I wish it would just work...I mean work both sats ..whats happening is one time I Get c band working n then ku wont work n then when I switch it off n turn it back on n then try to set it up again ku band would work n c band wont...phuff!!!!!

Thanks

Wink DiSEqC , Multiswitches and LNBs.

Ducking and weaving with new posts with the same problem only acerbates it.

Re-read here:-

Just answer the questions, and I'll try to lead you through it one step at a time.
    Exactly what KU LNB are you using ? Your screen shot shows Universal, which is incompatible with a DiSEqC switch.
    I'll repeat this again, leave the 22KHz OFF, unless you are using a 2 in 1 out DiSEqC switch.
    It has no relevance otherwise !!!!!!!!!!

By the way, DiSEqC is a patented protocol of Eutelsat and stands for " Digital Satellite Equipment Control ".

Thanks

Ok I guess u r right, so here is the update :-

I changed the Ku universal LNB which was operating at LO Of 9750-10600 to Zinwell LNB LO 11300 and C sat LNB operates at 5150 and same thing happened, only c band nothing else, if I switch it off and then try to set it again- every once in while ku band starts showing up n c band goes away----n this time 22k was off for both of them.

Quote Originally Posted by beer4life View Post
    Ducking and weaving with new posts with the same problem only acerbates it.

Re-read here:-

Just answer the questions, and I'll try to lead you through it one step at a time.
    Exactly what KU LNB are you using ? Your screen shot shows Universal, which is incompatible with a DiSEqC switch.
    I'll repeat this again, leave the 22KHz OFF, unless you are using a 2 in 1 out DiSEqC switch.
    It has no relevance otherwise !!!!!!!!!!

By the way, DiSEqC is a patented protocol of Eutelsat and stands for " Digital Satellite Equipment Control ".

Thanks

N yes one for more thing( Not sure if it matters or not) I have bought 4 in 1 diseqc and n I kept asia sat on port 2 on actually diseqc box but kept on changing d2 from line port 1, to port 3 to port 4. When I changed it for the first time- both channels were showing but when I went back to d2 it went blank again- it happened all three times when I changed the acutally cable from port 1 to 3 to 4. Thanks guys
    Are you doing this with the box powered up ? A short on the cable can shut your supply down or kill it. That would explain the intermittent operation.

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast