Thread: Crow Runner 8/16 help - newbie help please

Thanks

Hey Adrock, you should start charging for this, you could make a fortune

Thanks

LoL yeah, might start taking payment via paypal

Thanks

Unhappy Same problem here.

Hi all,
    I know it's getting a bit boring, but I have the exact same problem. Cannot reset runner 8/16 (using RST pins) to reprogram while in STAY mode. If anyone would be so kind to offer a solution.... Thanks in advance.

Thanks

Are you powering up the panel with the reset link on, then remove the link....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AdRock View Post
    Are you powering up the panel with the reset link on, then remove the link....
    Problem solved! The jumper I used in the first place was with too "loose" contacts . I replaced it with another one and it worked just fine. Thanks for the very rapid response!

Thanks

Lightbulb Crow Runner alarm panel

Hi all,
    I am stuck at my alarm system, I want to go into programming mode but the system is already armed. It wont let me to access programming mode.
    Your help will be much appreciated...

Thanks

OK, here we go..

** WARNING ** What your about to do will default your panel back to factory settings.

On the PCB there is a RST link in the centre.

Power the system down, link the RST pins

Power up the panel. Remove the link.

Your panel will now be disarmed and defaulted.

Good luck

Thanks

Default What could be wrong?

Hello everybody!

I tried AdRock instructions on my Crow alarm, but unfortunately I'm still stuck (I also disconnected the 12V battery, and removed the 1.5V that was soldered on the PCB).

My alarm is six years old, and was already on the house when I bought the house. Previous owner told me that he didn't renew the contract with the alarm company, and because of that he only knew the user code not the master code (company refused to give it).

I can arm and disarm the alarm but cannot change any configuration so, for example, I can not make the alarm dial my cellular phone when intrusion detection occurs, because it will always dial the company number (I have disconnected the alarm from the phone landline so it won't dial anywhere).

I would like to understand why AdRock instructions don't work on my alarm? Can the company block (by software or any other special tool) the PCB reset pin procedure that was suggested? Is there any other procedure I can try?

Thanks in advance, for anyone, with any answer to my problem.

Keep up the good work guys, this forum is simply great!
    Last edited by pedradelume; 11-07-14 at 04:20 AM. Reason: to be more clear

Thanks

Make sure the tamper is open. Some 'tech' in the past may have used a 2k2 resistor across TMP and common. Or just used a wire link and changed the 2k2 setting in programming.

*hint* if you open the lid and the keypad doesn't display 'trouble' the tamper isn't open.

Also make sure you wait about 10 seconds before you remove the link.
    Last edited by AdRock; 20-07-14 at 10:59 PM.

Thanks

Make sure the tamper is open. Some 'tech' in the past may have used a 2k2 resistor across TMP and common. Or just used a wire link and changed the 2k2 setting in programming.

*hint* if you open the lid and the keypad doesn't display 'trouble' the tamper isn't open.

Also make sure you wait about 10 seconds before you remove the link.
    Finally I had time to try again AdRock tip (thanks a lot!), but still no luck...

As soon as I remove the plastic box cover from the alarm central, the trouble light is lit on keypad panel, so I guess everything is ok...

I tested AdRock instructions without the 12 V backup battery connected, and also without the 1.5V PCB battery connected, but still nothing happens...as soon as I turn on the power supply with a computer jumper to short the reset pins, and after 10 seconds remove that jumper, everything is exactly the same, I cannot enter program mode with full permissions...basically I can only add users and remove users and change their codes...

By the way, I see manually written on the plastic enclosure of the alarm central the following:

ENG ----------------------- DFGF
    OP ----------------------- BBEF
    (something I cannot read) --- DDDD

Can anyone translate that to some sort of code I can try?

Any suggestions of any kind are aprecciated...

Thanks in advance!

Thanks

So it seems your system isn't in alarm, which the above method will override.

Try powering down, power up with the tamper open, them press PROG then ENTER.

If installer lockout hasn't been enabled you should get into programming.

Then press PROG 25 ENTER 1ENTER it should then display the install code for future reference.

Thanks

So it seems your system isn't in alarm, which the above method will override.

Try powering down, power up with the tamper open, them press PROG then ENTER.

If installer lockout hasn't been enabled you should get into programming.

Then press PROG 25 ENTER 1ENTER it should then display the install code for future reference.
    HI Asrock

Lucky to see this thread and I tried to find it for ages.
    I got crow runner serial, and forgot the pin ( actually i set wrong at first time), now the panel has trouble light solid on. in memory, code 1 is solid with "trouble" flashing. this happened after i tried a few times wrong password.

I tried to contact my installer but never able to reach him now. Couple questions if someone can help me
    (1) if i open control box lid, will it activate alarm ?
    (2) how to make tamper open? what is tamper, is it sensor/ switch, could you find a web picture and show me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lli096 View Post
    I tried to contact my installer but never able to reach him now.
    Find another one. You are going to screw it up if you try yourself.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by downunderdan View Post
    Find another one. You are going to screw it up if you try yourself.
    If you want to help, could you answer questions plz. I works as electrical field engineer a few years, i got some basic knowledge. Just want to find entry to start

Thanks

What amazes me, is the number of people who solely join this forum to ask questions about an alarm system, then when the answer that is given is not what he or she wants complains,

If you are a field engineer ( no idea what one ) then surely you could figure out that opening the control panel may trigger the tamper alarm if fitted, instead of joining a forum and asking.

I have lost count the amount of times I have had to go and correct a battery that has been installed incorrectly - I agree with Dan on this..................

The knowledge we gain over the years in doing our jobs is priceless, I can not call a mechanic and get free advice on servicing my car

Thanks

what is "open the tamper" = open lid and put 2k2 on one link ??
    Last edited by lli096; 12-02-15 at 08:36 PM.

Thanks

The problem your going to have is if you don't understand the basic system and function of a Tamper and its circuit then you will have more problems than you know what to do with after you reset the panel to default. For example, what is the config for the end of line resisters, is the siren and strobe setup as default or has it been configured some other way.

The list goes on and on of the variables that you will have trouble with if you don't already understand the basics of the Tamper circuit.

And I am sorry to say that no one here is likely to put their reputation on the line to start down the road of helping you only to have, potentially, you complain here there and everywhere that they helped you brick your alarm panel.

The instructions on defaulting a crow runner panel have been given on this thread and you yourself have even repeated them, from this you should be able to figure out how to make it happen. May I suggest you do yourself a favour and download a copy of the installer manual of the Internet and go through the section on wiring in the front that shows the tamper and how it is wired to understand this. Then you should, if you are as you say a "field engineer", be able to work through your problems without any problems at all to default the panel.

Thanks

All solved, sorry 5 mins job, tamper is just a cable connected on switch marked with tmp. turn off ac -> disconnect battery -> removed tmp cable from switch -> connect battery -> turn on ac -> back door open. you can find you pin without factory default. This should be put on user manual to save us $120 call out fee......

• The Following User Says Thank You to lli096 For This Useful Post:

AdRock (18-02-15)

Thanks

You will find it in the "Installer Manual", not the "User Manual".

• The Following User Says Thank You to bet2win For This Useful Post:

AdRock (18-02-15)

Thanks

Default Reset an alarm crow runner 16

Hi
    The two pins in the centre RST I have linked them and nothing happens the alarm keeps sounding.
    I am using a paper clip or should I be using something else?
    I assume it's the two on the right hand side of the RST or am I missing something?

• Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast