Thread: Can't Update Firmware On Openbox X-10

Thanks

Smile Can't Update Firmware On Openbox X-10

Hi everyone. Im having a problem updating firmware on my Openbox x-810. I have tried all depower procedures listed here at this site and at etc. I start the updater program and connect, Then power on the box from the wall. Nothing happens the box just goes to menu and the updater program is forever connecting. I am using updater F-300 and have tried old serial cables aswell as new usb on my old and new computer. Any help would be appreaciated. Thanks.

Look Here ->
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Hi everyone. Im having a problem updating firmware on my Openbox x-810. I have tried all depower procedures listed here at this site and at etc. I start the updater program and connect, Then power on the box from the wall. Nothing happens the box just goes to menu and the updater program is forever connecting. I am using updater F-300 and have tried old serial cables aswell as new usb on my old and new computer. Any help would be appreaciated. Thanks.
    You may find you need a null modem cable.

Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Thanks

Spot on Leroy.

As posted by another Member:

How to update firmware on Open box

You need 2 lots of Software
    1. All Updater ver. 1
    2. Pobedit
    3. Software Update l used 4.99

Start pobedit and back all your channels and save to your PC
    Go Menu, Installation, Initialize STB and press ok to reset
    then de-power the open box

Start Software updater and load your 4.99fix software and press connect
    Re-power your openbox and the upload should start it is finished when you see 8 displayed on the openbox

Reload all your channels with pobedit and restart your openbox.

Thanks

This How I Do It
    I Use Openbox-toolbox
    Start Stb Manager
    From The File Menu Chose Update Receiver Firmware
    Then A Pop Up Message Will Come Up Ask To Disconnect Ur Receiver From The Power Point Then Click On The Meesage And Plug The Receiver Again Within 10 Second

And Thats It

Make Sure U Have The Right Com Port
    And Double Check On Ur Com Setting On Both Ur Receiver And Ur Computer

****excuase My French

Thanks

Same hear....i have a corect null modem cable,cause i was using it with all kind of recievers and tried everything ...powering off..ect and NO GO....
    We must have the same bach of croocked boxes....ahyway i sold the box and dont have any problems anymore

Thanks

Yep just like novica said we must have crooked boxes. Followed your instructions dreamshunter and no go. When i power the box up after clicking the message the box just looks like this: (Boot). Tried everything double check all settings on both box and computer but still won't work. Com port connection is good. Must be just the box?

Thanks

here is the official support website
    its in russian u have to make your way to register after u register come back to this page and it will take you stright away to the english speaker support page since its not sticky it will be hard to find ..

Thanks

Yep just like novica said we must have crooked boxes. Must be just the box?
    Perhaps get in contact with the seller of the box and ask them. Maybe they can check other boxes in stock. Was it flashed with firmware by them? Hopefully you'll get a truthful answer.

Oh, another thought. Are you using a true serial port on a PC or via USB-Serial converter? I have heard that some USB-Serial don't implement a full RS-232 interface properly.
    Last edited by vk6xlr; 15-07-08 at 12:47 AM. Reason: serial info

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vk6xlr View Post
    Perhaps get in contact with the seller of the box and ask them. Maybe they can check other boxes in stock. Was it flashed with firmware by them? Hopefully you'll get a truthful answer.

Oh, another thought. Are you using a true serial port on a PC or via USB-Serial converter? I have heard that some USB-Serial don't implement a full RS-232 interface properly.
    I have 6 PCs in the house and tried the openbox 810 on all of them... tried all the ports ...and there is not any posible method that i didnt try with that box...and simply it doesnt want to conect....

Thanks

Default Openbox

Have you checked the box. In the system settings there is an option regarding firmware updates. Off/on . (From memory- I can check when I get home 2nite.)

Thanks

Have you any friends that live close by that has the same box as these boxes can be upgraded by connecting two boxes together if one of the boxes has the firmware that you want to update. Just put box 1 on send firmware and box 2 on receive firmware . No need for computer, just need null modem cable. Make sure that if you update channels before you update you must delete all data first or else it won`t work

Thanks

Default openbox x-810 rs232 connection problem

Guys
    I don't believe this is exactly what the problem that Danny had but it has similarities for others with the issue of transferring data from a PC to the receiver and vise versa.

I had tried to transfer data using the openbox commander software. The unit would try to start and then I get the "Data Reading Error". I was using a computer with an internal com port hookup and Windows Vista.
    I then connected to another computer with the com port hardwired onto the motherboard and Windows XP. This time everything went perfectly.

I don't believe the com port was the issue but mentioned it just incase. I believe the windows operating system is at fault here. Just thought I would add the comments in this post just incase someone else might run a non compatable software/windows and are having problems.

By the way every sourced Probedit I download comes up with a virus attached. So always scan any files you download.

Thumper