Thread: New to Satellite TV

Thanks

Default New to Satellite TV

Hi

I recently bought a new house and noticed there is a Foxtel dish on the roof. The LNB has 4 cables coming out of it going to two rooms (two outlets in two rooms). I have bought a Strong 4658x and on the weekend hooked it up to see if it works. A message came up on the screen saing no channel I think thats probably because I haven't got an Aurora card yet.

As the house previously had Foxtel can anyone tell me if I get an Aurora card will I be able to receive satellite tv from the existing dish without having to make any adjustments to the dish.

Thanks

Dave

Look Here ->
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

You will be able to get Aurora if you get a card as it's on the same bird as Foxstar!
    You will need to setup the Strong so that it's dish settings have the LNB set to 10700. Do a blind scan of C1 and you should be away. If 10700 doesn't work then try the LNB set for 11300.

Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Thanks

Thanks LeroyPatrol

Just a couple more questions - with Aurora do they limit the channels you can have - I am in Adelaide and want to be able to get rugby league in Imparja.

My reveiver has two slots - I know one is for the Aurora card but what can I use the other one for.

Thanks

Dave

Thanks
    Thanked 1,452 Times in 1,066 Posts

Cool

Repeat of what has been posted
    Last edited by beer4life; 14-07-08 at 10:39 PM. Reason: Too slow.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dave671 View Post
    Thanks LeroyPatrol

Just a couple more questions - with Aurora do they limit the channels you can have - I am in Adelaide and want to be able to get rugby league in Imparja.

My reveiver has two slots - I know one is for the Aurora card but what can I use the other one for.

Thanks

Dave
    You have to choose between east and west aka gwn/win and imp/central7. You can't have them all unless you can make a goldie but that's another ball game Have a read in the mosc section.
    The other slot is for a cam Common access module). If you bought an Irdeto cam for example you could use a second card at the same time like a Select TV subscription for example.
    Another option if interesed in Rugby could be to chase feeds. There seems to be a few feeds for Rugby. Have a look in the feed section here as well as to see what satellites the Rugby feeds appear on. You may get hooked and decide to put up a dish looking at Asiasat4 or D1 or D2!!
    Happy reading.

Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Thanks

If you are in Adelaide, you are unlikely to get an Aurora card legally activated (unless you can complete an ACMA B58) to entitle you to receive the two commercial stations, which in your backyard are Central Seven and Imparja.

If you've a mate in the bush (no terrestrial tv), simply borrow his address when you register the Aurora card and hey presto.

look like they've covered the issues professionaly.

Thanks

NB - OP might also like to scan-in Al Jazeera International which is FTA, and heck, TVSN and EXPO even NITV, if he so wish...
    5th Wyking Panzer Division

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Keepleft View Post
    NB - OP might also like to scan-in Al Jazeera International which is FTA, and heck, TVSN and EXPO even NITV, if he so wish...
    Hi,
    Can someone confirm they receive Aljazeera off C1? I have tried all sorts of searches including manual with PID inputs. Satcodx does not list this channel either.

Thanks

Yes Al Jazeera is still going strong on C1 was watching it today
    Simply advanced scan transponder 12367 (V) 27800 and set PIDs to 1121,1122,1121 to make it display.
    It's hard to make a come back when I havn't been anywhere
    I finally got my head together, now my bodies falling apart.
    為什麼不做你被塞滿

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrElectricity View Post
    Yes Al Jazeera is still going strong on C1 was watching it today
    Simply advanced scan transponder 12367 (V) 27800 and set PIDs to 1121,1122,1121 to make it display.
    I used the following values with no results
    freq: 12367 V
    sym rt: 27800
    vpid: 1121
    apid: 1122
    pcr pid: 1121

I am in Melb and the dish size is 65cm. What could be wrong ?

Thanks

Some receivers need the 'scan' function to be used after entering the PIDs to write the information to memory or to the service list.

The other small problem is that some receivers just won't display a picture using manually entered PIDs.

Premium Member 2011 AFL tipping champion
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tuxmate View Post
    I used the following values with no results
    freq: 12367 V
    sym rt: 27800
    vpid: 1121
    apid: 1122
    pcr pid: 1121

I am in Melb and the dish size is 65cm. What could be wrong ?
    As Bulbous said, some STBs won't display a picture even if you manually enter all the details including the PIDs...Strongs for example....while a humax will work perfectly.

There is a workaround if you can't get pictures by manually entering the PIDs. Just do a blind search for all the frequencies on C1, and then go in and edit the details on one of the 12367V channels you don't normally watch, or is scrambled. If you manually edit the PIDs on that frequency to the ones above, Al Jazeera will magically appear. The only drawback is that the on-screen program guide will still display the program details for the channel you originally scanned, but that's not a biggie.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by evilbrian View Post
    As Bulbous said, some STBs won't display a picture even if you manually enter all the details including the PIDs...Strongs for example....while a humax will work perfectly.

There is a workaround if you can't get pictures by manually entering the PIDs. Just do a blind search for all the frequencies on C1, and then go in and edit the details on one of the 12367V channels you don't normally watch, or is scrambled. If you manually edit the PIDs on that frequency to the ones above, Al Jazeera will magically appear. The only drawback is that the on-screen program guide will still display the program details for the channel you originally scanned, but that's not a biggie.
    Hi,
    I am using gemini 4.4 on a mutant 200s. The result is the same with SIF Team, Pli, ABcom and highland images. I don't have f0**el or au**** and also not very keen to get them (no time to watch much TV), It would be nice to watch F1 race live on sunday nights though.
    I will try out your workaround tonight. I like experimenting with my box

Thanks

Hopfully they may be a member here that has used that box, sounds like you need someone to talk you through the menue.
    It's hard to make a come back when I havn't been anywhere
    I finally got my head together, now my bodies falling apart.
    為什麼不做你被塞滿

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrElectricity View Post
    Hopfully they may be a member here that has used that box, sounds like you need someone to talk you through the menue.
    Finally got it! nothing to do with the box rather with the image. I was putting in decimal values while the field was set for hex. I toggled the dec/hex and input the values and BINGO! I got the clue form the streaminfo.