Thread: Undo AppStore purchase.

Thanks

Default Undo AppStore purchase.

Here's how the story goes. I purchased a very cheap vehicle to add to a free app on our iPad for my 2 1/2 year old. I didn't realize that it remembered the password for 15mins. My child then decided it would be great to purchase another vehicle while I was not watching. This one happened to cost $110. It would be fine if it was a physical R/C car and not just a vehicle to use on a 2D iPad game. Do I have the ability to undo this transaction or am I now screwed and $110 out of pocket? Any ideas greatly appreciated. Someone has suggested I go to ACCC as it is ridiculous to charge so much for additions to a free kids game.

Look Here ->

Thanks
    Thanked 1,087 Times in 637 Posts

You have to raise it with Apple but the charges can be reversed

• The Following User Says Thank You to jok11n For This Useful Post:

montessa (15-09-13)

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,205 Times in 607 Posts

• The Following User Says Thank You to jwoegerbauer For This Useful Post:

montessa (15-09-13)

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

I havent used the Apple store but with Google, when I found the APP I had bought had problems, I uninstalled it and I got a refund which surprised me.
    The cost was under $5 anyway so while I would have whinged, the loss wouldnt have broken the bank.
    I cant remember how long between buying and uninstalling though but I think it was within 24 hours.
    I wanted to leave a comment on the company page to verify others comments that this APP had loading problems but I couldnt get it to work

I have just downloaded an APP that was listed as FREE but after I had done so I found it was a 7 day trial version which I was very annoyed with as it took some time to download and if I read correctly, it was some 300MB.
    Now when your on limited data plans, that is quite a lot and to me a waste of money if you dont use the program which I did because I wanted it.
    This 'Free Download' and charging big amounts as Montessa found seems to be the norm with most Computer programs and APP's and because they are generally from Over Seas, Fair Trading and the ACCC cant do anything about them as they are not obliged to respect our laws even though they seem to want us to bow to theirs.
    Last edited by gordon_s1942; 15-09-13 at 11:42 AM.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

• The Following User Says Thank You to gordon_s1942 For This Useful Post:

montessa (15-09-13)