Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fitting a Hardrive to a AZBox Premium plus

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Default Fitting a Hardrive to a AZBox Premium plus

Just wondering guys what format do you format a 1 T/B WD Green drive for the AZBox Premium +.
    Do you format it in NTSF or Fat 32.
    This will be my next project after I buy a drive this weekend.

Look Here ->
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

You should be able to just pop it in the receiver and format it in the receiver. But in saying that I would just do a quick fat32 format first.

Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LeroyPatrol View Post
    You should be able to just pop it in the receiver and format it in the receiver. But in saying that I would just do a quick fat32 format first.

Leroy
    yep i did mine in fat32 then did it through the unit.

have fun playing with different images till you find one that records the way you want it to.
    dont say linux if i wanted it id install it

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by diavalo13666 View Post

have fun playing with different images till you find one that records the way you want it to.
    I cant change the image otherwise I will lose the 4:2:2 and we don't want to lose that don't we Leroy
    Last edited by Mr 672A; 19-09-13 at 04:48 PM.

Thanks

Now I tried to format the AZBox 1 t/b drive connected via extra leads to my XP computer but in "My Computer folder" would not find it so after digging into XP I found where you can format it but will only format it in NTSF so it was a no go and did not format the drive via the computer.

I fitted the drive to the AZbox and formatted it there (took 15 minutes) and after formatting it it rebooted and the box is ok except for.......
    1/When I record any program it showing on the box its recording, when I press the info button on the hand control is showing i'm recording, the timer shows its recording in time but when I stop the recording and check the RECORDED PROGRAM section I find nothing is in there.

2/ I have installed the Harddrive upside down as it looks impossible to install it the right side up as the power/data leads would interfere with the screw on lid

What do you think guys about the two above questions.
    Thanks

Thanks

1: my drive fitted like a normal drive not upside down but i have the elite and premium not premium plus versions.

2: are you using original firmware ??

3: if you are it is as i said have fun loading and testing different versions of the original firmware.

4: it may have not recorded to the setting ( recordings )
    use the browser option and navigate through the different sections IE hdd etc.

Thanks

I just tested the AZBox with a 32gb USB stick, the box finds it, the menu allows you to select either HDD or USB to record, I press the record button, the timer shows its recording, I stop it, then I go into RECORDED PROGRAMS and nothing is in there. For a split second a massage comes up on the screen" RECEIVING SAVED RECORDED LIST" once I enter the RECORDED FOLDER option.

Thanks

2: are you using original firmware ??
    Yes Original firmware..Leroy installed the latest when I bought it

Thanks

4: it may have not recorded to the setting ( recordings )
    use the browser option and navigate through the different sections IE hdd etc.
    diavalo

Can you please explain the above with a little more detail for my old worn out head
    Thanks

Thanks

Here is one for you.
    I removed the USB stick from the AZBox and stuck it into the computer and done a directory on it and it shows NHK 1080i and it used 550 MB. So it is recording like the HDD is, its just a case I cant find it in the Recorded Program folder in the azbox

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

What does the user manual say about:

1) Installing a Hard Drive
    2) Formatting a Hard Drive
    3) Mounting Drives
    4) Recording

I find on E2 machines, sometimes you have to refresh the recordings list to find the latest recording (to make them appear)
    Last edited by ol' boy; 21-09-13 at 07:48 AM.
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oceanboy View Post
    What does the user manual say about:

1) Installing a Hard Drive
    2) Formatting a Hard Drive
    3) Mounting Drives
    4) Recording

I find on E2 machines, sometimes you have to refresh the recordings list to find the latest recording (to make them appear)
    The manual says very little about storage and as for the recording the manual again is very basic.
    Regarding fitting the Harddrive upside down. The reason why I did it is the supplied power and data lead that are plugged into the motherboard for the harddrive both leads leave the motherboard separate but at the harddrive end become one connector with a solid 90 degree bend. Now if you install the drive the right way around the leads power and data are arse about so to connect the drive you have to turn the connector around with the 90 Degree leads facing up and by doing this the lid will not be able to go on.

Thanks

I decided to look under file manager and I found my recording programs in there, but how do I get them out of there in the detail menu recorded programs option so I can play them? Something is very odd here.

Thanks

as i said some images work well others fail to see the TS file created by the recording.

When you found the file with the file manager was it in the recordings folder ???

have you tried blue button >> movies >>> then go through each folder and does it see the files ?????

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

To playback your recorded programs, press the menu button. Then you need to scroll down and select the 'Recorded Program' menu option. You will then see your recorded programs.

Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Thanks

found the problem!!!

I have been recording NHK 1080/60i English and after doing some digging around on the net it seems that any channel that you have programmed in your AZ box, doesn't matter if its standard definition or high definition, if the channel name has a forward slash (/) it records it as a tmp not as a ts file. Although it shows in the file manager, it will not play in file manager and it also is not visible in Recorded Program on the Detail Menu.

So what you have to do is for example for NHK 1080/60i you have to remove the / and either leave it out or put a space or underscore on it eg NHK 1080 60i or 1080_60i. You can go in your channel settings and rename the channel name without the forward slash and if you cannot rename the channel with the forward slash you rename it in your favourites.

Thanks

here is another one, NHK won't let me change the channel name. Mind you you can rename any other channel, but as soon as I try to rename NHK it unhighlights it so in other words you cannot select it again

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr 672A View Post
    here is another one, NHK won't let me change the channel name. Mind you you can rename any other channel, but as soon as I try to rename NHK it unhighlights it so in other words you cannot select it again
    What is it with this forward slash (/) and Linux? Does the / command piss off Linux?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LeroyPatrol View Post
    To playback your recorded programs, press the menu button. Then you need to scroll down and select the 'Recorded Program' menu option. You will then see your recorded programs.

Leroy
    The problem was NHK was not in the Recorded Programs section but was in the File manager under TV programs ONLY. You know out of 850 FTA channels I have I have only 2 with the forward slash being /
    NHK comes up on my box as 1080/60i English and 1080/60i Japanese. Now here is another one for you, I can rename 848 channels if I want to in my favorites or I think elsewhere but guess what I cannot rename 1080/60i English or 1080/60i Japanese. I tried to rename one of them yesterday by removing the forward slash, I tried to rename it completely but once you rename it and change channel the channels name un highlights itself then becomes inoperative.

I tested other HD channels BBC, Trace, FTV and other SD channels and had no problem recording any of them and finding them in Recorded Programs.

I has to be a linux issue with the / slash.
    Last edited by Mr 672A; 22-09-13 at 10:49 AM.

Thanks

as i said some images work well others fail to see the TS file created by the recording.

When you found the file with the file manager was it in the recordings folder ???

have you tried blue button >> movies >>> then go through each folder and does it see the files ?????
    I tested 10 different channels yesterday (SD and HD) and recorded them, played them and found them in Recorded Program and in the file manager they all were TS files but NHK was TMP file.

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast