Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Risco Agility 3

Thanks

Default Risco Agility 3

Hi Guys I was wondering if any of you have installed these panels and what your thoughts on them are ?. I have been bench testing one for a couple of days and it seems ok. The wireless PIR with built in camera is pretty cool. Not so sure about their cloud solution though. If anyone else has any feed back it would be appreciated as bench testing and installing are two different things.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

So far, I have only bench tested one as well which I will be installing in about 2 weeks time. I think it is good system that DIY / self monitoring people will like. The system only needs a few settings for the gprs to work and then as an installer can remotely troubleshoot / configure it. We will be using them as an alternative to the videofied system, which we deploy in vacant housing properties.

Thanks

Installing one tomorrow, stay tuned

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AdRock View Post
    Installing one tomorrow, stay tuned
    Very interested in hearing your experience with them. The Risco sales guys have been sending us emails about there products. The Risco Wisdom looks like a direct competitor to the DSC Alexor which we install for wireless systems when needed/requested. It would have to be a very impressive system to out do the Alexor.

Thanks

After the install today I'd have to say it does everything the sales pitch says it can do. The programming of the wireless gear is easy, the programming of the panel pretty good. Keypad navigation is easy.
    We have it running via a permacon with no issues. It sends clear colour pictures to the iphone.
    The way you can remote log in from the cloud is nice.

Criticism's - The LCD keypad and panel look like something from the 1980's, i know there are different keypads out there but i haven't seen them yet. The ribbon cable that connects the power supply to the main panel is too short and makes it difficult to work on. The "program button" on the front is way too easy to bump and your forever going into "fault analysis" mode where the unit talks through every tamper and fault for 3 partitions... this is very annoying. The screws that hold the cover on are located underneath, so if your mounting in a small space, you can't get your screwdriver underneath... think older crow boxes.

Apart from those few physical design flaws, i think it will go a long way to compete with the Allexor. The Good thing is, it's got built in IP/GPRS/PSTN very handy.

I'd be interested to hear other people's opinions.

Thanks

We have it running via a permacon with no issues.
    The Good thing is, it's got built in IP/GPRS/PSTN very handy.
    Hi AdRock,

Why would you be running it through a Permaconn if it has built in GPRS?

Forgive my ignorance, I admit that I get a bit confused when it comes to GPRS (usually get someone else to do it for me) and haven't seen the panel as yet, was just curious as to why you would add a permaconn? Is the monitoring provider not set-up for this panels GPRS signal?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheAlarmGuy View Post
    Hi AdRock,

Why would you be running it through a Permaconn if it has built in GPRS?

Forgive my ignorance, I admit that I get a bit confused when it comes to GPRS (usually get someone else to do it for me) and haven't seen the panel as yet, was just curious as to why you would add a permaconn? Is the monitoring provider not set-up for this panels GPRS signal?
    I am almost certain it is because his current monitoring station does not support whatever built-in GPRS device the Risco panel comes with. Until they become more popular I think you will struggle to find a monitoring station that can support it. As with most Receivers in control rooms you usually have to pay a massive up front cost for them and if you haven't got enough clients using it you are losing $$$.

Some companies will lend out receivers until a control room has enough clients using it for it to be profitable for them to purchase it. The good guys at inner range have done this with there IR Multipath Receiver which is a smart move by them.

Thanks

The reason for the Permacon was the GPRS on the agility is not polled, and you cannot access it remotely, unlike the permacon.

Thanks

The reason for the Permacon was the GPRS on the agility is not polled, and you cannot access it remotely, unlike the permacon.
    Ah ok so more of a reporting path for self monitoring via the cloud or app than traditional GPRS monitoring.

I'm guessing the IP path is aimed more at the cloud and app too?

Sorry just get curious about some of these newer panels and wonder are the features really as useful as they claim to be.

Thanks

From what i understand, the IP path is for monitoring also. Still working out all the finer details of the panel, we're expanding it soon so will know a bit more then.

Thanks

How are you guys finding the agility 3 six months in?

Also does anyone have an installer manual (PDF) for these? Interested in having a good read through it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Adro View Post
    As with most Receivers in control rooms you usually have to pay a massive up front cost for them and if you haven't got enough clients using it you are losing $$$.
    You're half right. Dialler receivers are quite expensive. However the up-front cost for IP receivers is insignificant. Typically it's a couple of PCs or perhaps a server or two if the IP Monitoring company provide software only to be installed on your iron.

Some IP monitoring vendors will even give you their hardware-based receivers free of charge if they can see you're serious.

However, your second observation is absolutely spot-on and an easy trap to fall into. I wouldn't dream of integrating anything unless it had significant traffic on it (or would very shortly thereafter). Otherwise you can't change your mind and turn it off without alienating the bare handful of customers on it (or sending a van to replace whatever gear is at the customer premises).
    Last edited by downunderdan; 06-04-14 at 09:47 PM.

Thanks

The Agility 3 is progressing pretty well. We've hit a few snags along the way but managed to work through most of them.

Mainly to do with the upload / download software / firmware updates.

I recently had to change over a system and after uploading to my laptop, changing panels and then downloading to the new panel it came apparent that the system only saved a portion of the data. All the camera PIR's had to be manually learnt back in along with the keyfobs and monitoring station data among other things.

After today's firmware update on another panel, the monitoring station data was defaulted back to factory and that had to be re programmed in. Little bugs like that have been a bit painful.

Once it's up and running it seems pretty reliable, the RISCO cloud is working well, there has only been one short outage that I've known about in the last few months.

It works well on IOS and Android but no good on the Windows phones.

Still waiting to see the new model keypad as i think the current LCD one is kind of tacky.

The new smoke detectors are better as is the new external siren.

The new firmware update allows it to switch from IP to GPRS backup and vice versa when required where earlier you had no option to switch paths if one went down, so that's a good improvement.

Overall i have to say after being pretty sceptical at the start, I think its ok, they need to sort out those upload / download bugs and it will be a lot better.

Premium Member
    Thanks

As an addition i have had one site with the inbuilt camera need cold starting twice as it is not found on the system when requesting a picture for the device...., I have only installed 5 of these panels just recently and for an all in one concept i find them okay, Tech support from Connect has been pretty good so far, im in christchurch dealing with the local guys here.

Thanks

The new smoke detectors are better as is the new external siren.
    Hi,

Which ones are the new smoke detectors? I just installed my first Agility3 and the smoke detector that came was the WLT33S and the siren was a WLS50.

Thanks
    CK

Thanks

New smokes EN 14604

New Siren (but with blue strobe) RWS401

Thanks

I wonder if I'm getting old stock?

Thanks

All the feedback I have received so far is that people dont like the look of the codepads. We've been playing with the Agility 3 and LightSYS, same feedback for both but otherwise no issues with setup and the Risco cloud.

Thanks

Hi all, I'm interested in installing a Risco Agility 3 what's required? Can it be programmed completely through k/p or requires laptop connection? Any installer software required? or just through an ip gui? thanks in advance

Thanks

You can do programming through the keypad and the CS (configuration software) works well with connection via cloud easy to setup.

• The Following User Says Thank You to PANDATECH For This Useful Post:

cable (01-12-14)

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast