Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone prefer offline games rather than online games?

Thanks

Default Anyone prefer offline games rather than online games?

To me, it depends on what game. If there is a campaign, I usually prefer to play offline. If there is a PvP system in the game, then of course I prefer online.

What about you guys? What do you prefer?

Look Here ->
    Thanks

I love offline games when I want to play along the story line like Deus Ex Human Revolution which had a awesome story line but if I want something more competitive, I would play something like League of Legends to compete against other players. I really depends on the mood I am in that day and it really isn't liking on or the another. Each have it's advantages and disadvantages.

Thanks

Default Re: Anyone prefer offline games rather than online games?

I have always preferred offline gaming. Tried online with cod and unless you live on it and are level bloody 50 or something, you don't stand a chance against people with all the good weapons.

Thanks

The thing about offline game a is that they got quite boring after some time while multiplayer games are just an absolute blast, for example, take a look at Gta IV and Gta V, see the difference?

Thanks

I used to prefer online gaming but lately I haven't got as much free time so offline gaming has been a blessing.
    There is just much less pressure offline and I can always pause the game when I need to do something else.

Thanks

On-line games are always the better alternative, at least for me. I think of PC games as a way to socialize and have fun with friends, therefore offline is not an option for me personally. I believe that if the game and the crew you're sharing it with are both right, you could really end up having a blast. Some games, sadly, do not support multiplayer which I personally find as a huge loss. I don't really get any satisfaction unless I know for a fact that the person who I see on the screen is a real one, instead of a bot. I used to play offline games as well when I was a child, though. There are some different games which are fun both on and off line such as the GTA series, but that's as far as it goes, in my opinion at least.

Thanks

Online games for me too. I enjoy playing single player games, but nothing compares to playing with you friends in a co-op mode. SWAT 4 is a fine example, it requires teamwork, great communication skills and basic first person shooter knowledge. Of course there are some single player games that are meant to be played alone (horror games especially), otherwise the experience would be ruined.

Thanks

Sometimes I prefer offline games... it depends on the game I suppose.

Online games are fantastic in the essence that you're not alone in playing the game. There are real people playing the game with you and that's fantastic. A lot of times, my friends get together (in different locations, miles apart) and play for a couple hours. It's always fun being able to socialize at the same time as gaming. I think often times many of us introverts turn to gaming to avoid the intimidation of heavy socializing at things like parties. In this respect we lose out on socializing and multiplayer makes up for this. It's also good fun to turn up to work or college the next day and discuss our adventures or what our tactics should be like next time.

The plus of offline gaming is that sometimes I like to boot up my laptop on a plane (with wifi switched off) and play some games for a couple hours. This is probably the best part of offline gaming.

Thanks

I definitely enjoy singleplayer games over online ones. I'm not the most sociable person, and having to depend on others for my experience is awful. Even with things like MMOs I generally end up wandering on my own, without ever talking to another player. Things like competitive FPS and whatnot are fun on their own, but playing in pub rooms for co-op games just doesn't appeal to me.

Thanks

I tend to stick with offline, or even if given the option of online co-op or something, I tend to play single player unless I have friends playing. It's usually just that the matchmaking is bad and I get paired up with people who don't seem to know what they are doing. This is not always the case though, as games like Payday2 are quite easy to learn, and I've had many successful occasions of matchmaking.

Thanks

The thing I hate about online games is the lag. It always creates an unfair advantage for one side. Also, online games tend to try and make it available for a wide audience so the graphics generally aren't as good. The storyline in online games is also usually poorer.

Thanks

I think they are two different types of games. I am not too huge a fan of games that try do both. Saying this I like being able to play offline when ever I want at my speed solo games. But every so often a good Online game with a whole lot of other people. Liking in South Africa currently though means really bad internet speed so fully offline is the way to go.

Thanks

For me, there's not a lot of difference. It may sound antisocial but when I play online games I generally mute other players, don't have a headset myself and play as if I was playing against/with AI opponents. It's all the same to me!

Thanks

I'm all for cooperative/competitive online play with friends. I don't want to play with a bunch of noisy kids, online lifers, and chinese farmers. Too bad few games cater to people like myself.

Thanks

Yes, I completely prefer offline games. The online community has become progressively more degenerate as time passes. Even worse, when a "normal" person goes online to play first person shooters; they are completely outclassed. Some people do nothing but play online games, which makes the fun factor go down when you're killed every 2 seconds.

I really prefer RPG style games in the first place. My childhood favorites still hold a special place in my heart. Final Fantasy 7 is still one of my favorites, and I used to play Diablo (though that should be considered a semi RPG). The problem with any online RPG I have ever played, is the game play degrades into hack and slash or item grinding. I personally prefer to play out an in depth story; which is not easy online.

Thanks

For me I don't enjoy playing games offline. In a world today where everyone is connected to each other, I would feel quite lonely if the game I'm playing isn't a multiplayer game. It just doesn't feel right.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by myepicdemise View Post
    For me I don't enjoy playing games offline. In a world today where everyone is connected to each other, I would feel quite lonely if the game I'm playing isn't a multiplayer game. It just doesn't feel right.
    That depends on the type of game you are playing, if you play games that rely on story like adventure games or RPG's then other people aren't required.

Thanks

It's not really about needing others to help you. It's just that we're so used to being constantly connected with the world, and the fact that we would've played many multi-player games over the year. We have become so used to playing with units controlled by other humans and being able to talk to them that it just doesn't feel right to be playing alone.

Thanks

I prefer offline gaming. I don't need other people in order to have fun. Don't get me wrong though. I have enjoyed a lot of online games like Ragnarok, Fantasy Tennis 2, and Runescape. I also play some Call of Duty online. However, most of the time, I play offline. I love playing RPGs, action adventure games, versus games, and survival horror games. I play these games on a home console and I have a blast even if I have no one to play with. Also, I don't have a steady internet connection. That's why I don't really prefer playing online.

Thanks

It depends on my mood. Sometimes I like to get on my computer or console and play the game that I expected to play. Online play as far too many variables (as a result of the human element in it) But then sometimes that can be a good thing so it depends.

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast