Thread: Going on holidays without leaving the couch

Thanks

Wink Going on holidays without leaving the couch

So I've seen Toowoomba, Gundagai, Wagga Wagga, Shepparton, etcetc. without leaving the couch thanks to 7Mate during the ad-breaks. So many times I feel like a local.

While I think it's kind of cool; (a) I wish they'd change the music, it feels produced by the Leyland Brothers; (b) I wish that they'd introduce us to places further afield.

My biggest thought though, is why do they have these? I quite like not getting bombarded with ads about this that and the other.. but it's rather intriguing. What do other people think of the different advertisement replacements on certain channels (7Mate in particularly)? I find it particularly odd that in Melbourne I get ads for residents in Alice Springs, Tennant Creek, Katherine and Mount Isa!?

One other not-so-intriguing thing is the bloody annoying spooling of maccas ads, end-on-end-on-end on Imparja (I think).. that is annoying as hell. Literally, I had 2 copies of the same advertisement, and followed by 2 different advertisements.. all in a row of 4 ads, all from bloody maccas. I know their sales have dropped, but it's maddening.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Welcome to VAST and national TV channels. In Toowoomba we get ads on the 'secondary' channels from all over Qld on terrestrial TV. When in Tassie it was rather annoying to get ads about about a shopping centre in Alice Springs every ad break. Imparja and Central 7 are NT based so I guess it is understandable.

Thanks

It's not so much the adds that I dislike [never ever thought that I'd say that] but those scenic loops are terribly boring for some reason. At least they should have been 'filmed' with a better camera -- their visual quality is not of the highest standard.

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,959 Times in 929 Posts

We had this sort of thing on terrestrial digital tv when it was first introduced...things haven't changed much as Vast was introduced.

Eventually the broadcasters will find more advertising to fill these spots, and the loops will slowly disappear.

Maybe, one day, when those advertising slots are full, you will actually miss the music !!....lol

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,437 Times in 2,652 Posts

It was actually more interesting in the early days of VAST, before they started including the place names.
    You had to guess where the scenery was from. Kept me occupied for hours. LOL
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,959 Times in 929 Posts

Your correct Tiny...it was like a game...ooww... I recognize that place, now where was it????

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

If you could see the ads running terrestrially while your being a 'Couch Bound Tourist' you would stop complaining and thank the 'Gods of Vast' for this visual extravaganza, even if by now you have counted all the drops of water in the waterfalls and leaves on the trees........................
    But as viewer says, ONE day and all that is denied you now will be there in all its rowdy racaous in yer face sales of toothpaste and Soap on a Rope and you will remember those halcyon days of the scenic digital loops and SIGH !!!!!
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gordon_s1942 For This Useful Post:

Rodnic (08-10-13),Tiny (08-10-13)

Thanks

Nice Gordon. Gimme Toowoomba with some polka. Lol