Thread: Updated information on current TV's

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Default Updated information on current TV's

Is there anyone in the Tv industry (or is in general knowledgable) that might post up a thread that cant be stickied with general info about newer TV's ? There has been a lot of change in recent times, TV's with multi core processors, 4K resolution, 3D, Smart TV's, refresh rates, blah blah, blah blah.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

OSIRUS (24-10-13)

Look Here ->
    Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Is it true that to be able to buy one of these new Whizz Bang Do Everything TV's you either need to have a TAFE Certificate in Whizz Bangery or that you have a Smart Arse 8 year old still at home ?
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,599 Times in 1,950 Posts

just go down to your local harvey norman and ask one of the 'expert' sales staff.............

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hoe View Post
    just go down to your local harvey norman and ask one of the 'expert' sales staff.............

• The Following User Says Thank You to Drift For This Useful Post:

toyboy11 (25-10-13)

Thanks

Yes, use these people to help you understand. That's part of a saleperson's job isn't it. Follow the instructions onscreen or try reading a manual, start's to make sense then.

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,073 Times in 3,346 Posts

It's TV! For pity's sake! I want it to do one thing and one thing only! Display the pictures that I either send to it or watch FTA! Who cares about all the jigger pokery, a computer can do all that, and it can be easily fixed if something borks! (Just my considered, or not, opinion BTW)

Premium Member

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    It's TV! For pity's sake! I want it to do one thing and one thing only! Display the pictures that I either send to it or watch FTA! Who cares about all the jigger pokery, a computer can do all that, and it can be easily fixed if something borks! (Just my considered, or not, opinion BTW)
    NZ Alarm Tech:Yes, use these people to help you understand. That's part of a saleperson's job isn't it. Follow the instructions onscreen or try reading a manual, start's to make sense then.
    Is this after going through an interminable number of pages either trying to find one in your language or instructions on Not what to do??

One handbook that was packed deeply inside the carton with the devise read across the front cover,
    'WARNING Please read these Instructions before unpacking this item or you may void the warranty'.
    I kid you not!!!
    Last edited by gordon_s1942; 25-10-13 at 03:19 PM.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,797 Times in 862 Posts

How much would a posting on current technology be worth?
    a) by the time you finnished reading most of it is already outdated
    b) the latest tech comes with huge delays to AU if at all
    I have read mumerous hardware reviews to decide on some products only to notice most of electronic stuff is not even abailable in AU.
    And I still think it often depends on where you live as in some areas you will only see what the shop manager thinks is good money.
    Don't think in the NT or some parts of WA you will have the problem of too much choice anyway...
    Last edited by Downunder35m; 25-10-13 at 05:33 PM.
    Tomtom GO730 ,Navcore 9.004 ,Bootloader 5.5256 ,Map :Australia 845.2661
    ttmaps and Tomplayer on 16GB SDHC class6
    Password for all my files: downunder

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gordon_s1942 View Post
    Is this after going through an interminable number of pages either trying to find one in your language or instructions on Not what to do??

One handbook that was packed deeply inside the carton with the devise read across the front cover,
    'WARNING Please read these Instructions before unpacking this item or you may void the warranty'.
    I kid you not!!!
    I once sent a parcel to a friend with a note on the BOTTOM,......... "CAUTION DO NOT INVERT"!!!

donhe7

Premium Member

Thanks

By chance you didnt write on the top, 'See Notice on Reverse side' did you ?

I know you only did it as stir but having handled Her Majesty Mails many moons ago, once its thrown into a mailbag I can assure you which way it travels is totally in the hands of the Gods.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gordon_s1942 View Post
    By chance you didnt write on the top, 'See Notice on Reverse side' did you ?

I know you only did it as stir but having handled Her Majesty Mails many moons ago, once its thrown into a mailbag I can assure you which way it travels is totally in the hands of the Gods.
    No, I didn't do that, But in truth, it wouldn't have mattered, the parcel was well packed anyway.

That reminds me of a "Liteon" DVD recorder, which was sent back for repair by a now defunct retailer, and when it arrived back at the store from the repairer the inner packing and the unit both appeared to have had an object with a sharp corner dropped on it, but NO visible damage to the outer packaging, so the unit was sent back by the store, for replacement by the repairer

donhe7

Premium Member

Thanks

You too? I had a DVD arrive like that, not a visible mark on the wrapping but the shell had a 90mm (3 inch) crack indicating something had heavily impacted the parcel.
    Fortunately it dint touch the disc's surface.
    If I am sending a DVD away I use a slimline case but on each side I put an old CD or DVD to protect it from any damage.

Premium Member
    Thanks

I had 2 electic stoves,new,not a mark on the box but both had damage to the r/h side panels almost pushing the oven-door out of alignment.