Thread: Master Licences

Banned
    Thanks

Cool Master Licences

Just had my regular SIR phone therapy session , this time concerning master licences. A few details for you -

Master licences are now segregated into Gov't , corporation & individual classes. Unlike the class 2 licences these are being modified as they fall due , there is not a blanket de-licencing process, however the $65 processing fee is still there. For all those who thought the previous exercise with the class 2 licences was a money raising exercise - shame on you. It seems the SIR are so broke that this time around they cannot afford to mail out the applications. Quote from the mailout : "it is not cost effective to send reapplication packages containing all three forms to Master Licence holders whose licences are due to expire"
    While it states that fingerprinting is required , apparently this is not the case if they are already on record. I do notice that there is no requirement for fingerprinting for the nominated person when a Gov't /Public authority licence is applied for. Another thing I discovered that I was unaware of was that you cannot have a Master Licence if you don't have an ABN , regardless of the requirements of the Tax Office. WTF that has to do with anything, I dont know. Anyway to make the effort of ringing them worthwile, I told them that I probably wouldn't renew any licences because I felt that I fell into the exempt catagory as described in the regulations & would formally apply for an exemption under these provisions in the near future.
    Note - regardless of what the regulations say there is no formal exemption in existance. People like Dick Smith & Jaycar determine their own exemption status until taken to task by presumably the SIR. As if that is going to happen.
    Anyway the above info is from the talking head I spoke to - yours may be different.

Industry & licence fees - the best money you've ever spent.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by watchdog View Post
    Just had my regular SIR phone therapy session , this time concerning master licences. A few details for you -

Master licences are now segregated into Gov't , corporation & individual classes. Unlike the class 2 licences these are being modified as they fall due , there is not a blanket de-licencing process, however the $65 processing fee is still there. For all those who thought the previous exercise with the class 2 licences was a money raising exercise - shame on you. It seems the SIR are so broke that this time around they cannot afford to mail out the applications. Quote from the mailout : "it is not cost effective to send reapplication packages containing all three forms to Master Licence holders whose licences are due to expire"
    While it states that fingerprinting is required , apparently this is not the case if they are already on record. I do notice that there is no requirement for fingerprinting for the nominated person when a Gov't /Public authority licence is applied for. Another thing I discovered that I was unaware of was that you cannot have a Master Licence if you don't have an ABN , regardless of the requirements of the Tax Office. WTF that has to do with anything, I dont know. Anyway to make the effort of ringing them worthwile, I told them that I probably wouldn't renew any licences because I felt that I fell into the exempt catagory as described in the regulations & would formally apply for an exemption under these provisions in the near future.
    Note - regardless of what the regulations say there is no formal exemption in existance. People like Dick Smith & Jaycar determine their own exemption status until taken to task by presumably the SIR. As if that is going to happen.
    Anyway the above info is from the talking head I spoke to - yours may be different.

Industry & licence fees - the best money you've ever spent.
    OMG
    1x Dm7000, 2x Dm500 SD
    11-11-11 - NOW PoxBox
    ------------------------

Banned
    Thanks

If I dont apply for mine and dont bother,
    WTF are they going to do,
    I think I would take it to the media, and claim extortion!!

Whos the cock who voted Crudd in! tools, were doomed...

Banned
    Thanks

Cool

Also just got wind of new training requirements for installers. Its being kept under wraps at the moment till they work out how to best manage the expected complaints. I'm trying to verify what I have heard & if it is true its just going to make your day.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by watchdog View Post
    Also just got wind of new training requirements for installers. Its being kept under wraps at the moment till they work out how to best manage the expected complaints. I'm trying to verify what I have heard & if it is true its just going to make your day.
    They will manage it the same way that they have managed all other previous issues in the past.
    They simply "won't talk to you" or "won't reply" to anything you send to them in writing and then say "what complaint". They will simply ignore you till they wear your down and you give up. It worked in the past so why will it be any different now.
    I bet there shredders go into overdrive every time they change the rules and people send in complaints.

As i have said before, they should be called the "Dept of Legalised Theft".

How long will it be before they will have your clients sending the proceeds of your invoicing direct to them and they will decide how much to give back to you after they take there cut out.