Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Another nail in the NBN coffin

Thanks

Cheers for that, I fully understand the idea behind "sub contracts" But one flush of upper management has failed to fix big problems that still continue {non tech issues}.
    At the risk of typing another 10 page reply yes Sir you are correct in the first instance " it had no chance what so ever "
    what happens if I press this red button ??

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gordon_s1942 View Post
    As for 'Subcontracting' nearly every business involved in any form of construction 'sub contracts' as do some small business's who sub contact their security, cleaning, catering and other aspects of their business as its cheaper than doing it 'In House'.
    There's a slight difference between subcontracting building cleaning and subcontracting what is essentially an entire business operation leaving one with little more than management duties and, of course, any money that can be skimmed off between the party contracted to and the subcontractors.

Banned

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AKRYPTO View Post
    I currently have NBN wireless and its not that flash. . A flasher version of adsl2 would have been the trick.
    What form of internet connection did you have before the NBN wireless?

• The Following User Says Thank You to marty 17 For This Useful Post:

viewer (23-11-13)

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SpankedHam View Post
    There's a slight difference between subcontracting building cleaning and subcontracting what is essentially an entire business operation leaving one with little more than management duties and, of course, any money that can be skimmed off between the party contracted to and the subcontractors.
    I really cant see the difference between a building company who contracts out the various trades and Filthy Fred's Lap dance club engaging bouncers as both use a contract setting out specifics and duties to be performed by both parties.
    Now if the Contracting company or Filthy Fred doesnt bother to vet their applicants on hiring or supervise them during the life of the contract, they are bluntly negligent and cant complain if the sub contractor fails to meet their obligation.
    If your building a house, doesnt the local Council Inspector check periodically all is going to plan and does Filthy Fred check on his bouncers to ensure that while their flexing their 'Pecks' they dont actually bite any of the prospective customers ??
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Thanks

You can't tell the difference between subcontracting out the very fundamentals of the business leaving one with only management duties and owing the nuts and bolts of the company and having actual employees?

OK.

Thanks

Telstra Country ADSL but the distance we were from the exchange the speed was reminiscent of Dial up 52kbs. And with the amount of zap wire in paddocks around the farm the constant thump through the line it kept dropping out
    what happens if I press this red button ??

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AKRYPTO For This Useful Post:

viewer (24-11-13),weirdo (24-11-13)

Thanks

well I checked our area as we were in the loop to start 4 months ago
    looks like now we may be on the back burner for 2023.
    so much for the excitement bloody govt

• The Following User Says Thank You to efab For This Useful Post:

AKRYPTO (26-11-13)

Banned

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AKRYPTO View Post
    Telstra Country ADSL but the distance we were from the exchange the speed was reminiscent of Dial up 52kbs. :
    Strange that Telstra supplied Adsl to you at all as they have transmission limits and if your line has a loss greater than 56db they will not supply a service to you.

Premium Member

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SpankedHam View Post
    You can't tell the difference between subcontracting out the very fundamentals of the business leaving one with only management duties and owing the nuts and bolts of the company and having actual employees?

OK.
    I dont believe so, The State Railways contract out their train cleaning and until recently their security and would you believe Train drivers, Signalling complex's, Track and signaling maintenance where once they were all done 'In House'.
    Some of these positions are now on short term contracts and have to reapply for those positions when the contracts expire.
    Many freight trains today (Locomotives, rolling stock) are privately owned and pay the Railway a fee to use the line and those crew are also employed by the private company on contracts.

Hills Industries took on the contracts for the recent installation of the VAST and Terrestrial stb's for Pensioners during the Digital changeover and as far as I am aware, Hills subcontracted out the whole of it to individual contractors and one condition I heard of was that the contractor had to buy all the equipment (Dish,Mounts,Cable,connections) from Hills.
    The only VAST stb's then available were supplied by UEC but I dont know what brand was used for the Terrestrial installations.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Thanks

Nope, you need to go further. You'd need to divest of all assets. All of them. Even the tracks. Then once you don't actually own anything and not actually do anything you insert yourself as a management layer and screw over everyone that you've contracted everything out to because that's all that's left to justify your existence.

Capish?

Premium Member

Thanks

If the State Government of the day could have done that, they would have BUT thats Selling off, not maintaining ownership and subcontracting the operations to others.
    Currently the present State Government is slowly edging towards selling off what little ownership they still retain in the power generators and so they will be completely privately owned eventually.

In what your talking about spankedham is when you have 'Sold off the farm', you then are contracted back as an 'Adviser' or 'Consultant' licking the cream off the cake as well as eating it.

Its been done and so have we................

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,959 Times in 929 Posts

The nbn satellite is filled up for some areas, other than the west of Australia

Thanks

Speed has slowed last few months and all ISP's have dropped the 60g plans

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mickc View Post
    Speed has slowed last few months and all ISP's have dropped the 60g plans
    Activ8 had a 80GB plan. Haven't looked recently if its still on offer. I'm on a 60GB ,hope they don't pull the plug on existing customers.

• Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345