Thread: Jaycar QV3085 DVR Help - remote view

Thanks

Default Jaycar QV3085 DVR Help - remote view

Hi
    I am using a jaycar dvr. Model QV3085 (for home). It is a few years old. I have had a few cameras installed and coax cables laid in the roof already.

My issues are:-
    I have changed routers and have been unsuccessfull in setting up internet viewing/access. (I am not an expert in these things), I changed the router ip on the dvr and opened the ports on my router (as best as I could) using a FRITZ box 7390, but did not have much success.
    Would love to have mobile (iphone) viewing. (remote)
    No longer have any windows machine, all Apples so cannot use the supplied windows software (Client Player.exe) to view/control the setup. (tried using an older pc with the supplied software but the port settings were not working out)

I can change the dvr as long as it is relatively in-expensive to do so and retains the existing cabling and cameras. Can re-use the 500gb or so hdd to start with.

Any help greatly appreciated.
    Cheers.

Look Here ->
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,207 Times in 1,132 Posts

DMZ host IP address of the DVR and see if the web browser can see the machine

clutching at straws LOL
    When you do things right, people won't be sure that you have done anything at all

Thanks

so you have the DVR into the router, have you set the DVR IP address within the correct range, and also it should be made a static ip if not already, the port should then be forwarded to that IP address (sorry just going over the steps).

Now if your going in remotely, you'll need a static internet IP address, or a DDNS set up, otherwise everytime you internet IP changes you'll have no access.

To check your internet ip (again sorry if you know all this stuff anyway), while on a computer on your home network, google my IP and you'll find it, then using that result.

eg and add the port :67 you should be able to see your DVR