Thread: 3ds

Thanks

Default 3ds

Does anyone here have a 3DS?
    If so, what are your favorite games on it? I got one for Pokémon X and I've been looking into getting some different games, but I'm not sure if I'd enjoy some of them.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

I am playing pokemon x at the moment ----depends on your age what type of games you play and what your age level is

Thanks

I have one. I got it to play Animal Crossing New Leaf. I also want to get Pokemon X soon.

Thanks

I have a 3DS, and my favorite game is Metal Gear Solid 3D: Snake Eater. I initially wanted Metal Gear Solid 3 for the PlayStation 2, but the moment the 3DS had the re-launch for this game, I just had to get it.

Of course, not sure if you can play that depending on how old you are. It’s similar to the PlayStation 2 version, so to someone who has already played it before, nothing too new. But for hardcore MGS fans, it’s nice to have in your collection if you’re into stealth and espionage related games.

Thanks

I have one, although I never use the 3D feature pretty much ever. It feels like a gimmick and you have to hold it at a specific angle to get it work, otherwise the effect is ruined and everything gets blurry. If you're just looking to get a handheld, I see nothing wrong with just buying a DS instead, unless you want some specific games that are only out for the 3DS. Or get a 2DS, if you don't mind the retarded form factor.

Thanks

For me Animal Crossing and Pokemon X are my absolute favorites. Animal Crossing was rather expensive but it was definitely worth it.

Thanks

I just have a DS Lite (or whatever they're called). Is there any real point in upgrading apart from the new Pokemon games?

I have a mate who keeps pushing me to get one but he can't give me much of a reason why other than "it has Pokemon X and Y", how Street Pass is kinda neat, and "dude, 3D!" What on earth am I missing out on?

Thanks

Animal Crossing is great like most everyone has already said. Anything with Mario or Pokemon is the bomb! All the old DS games wok on it as well, you don't just have to get 3DS games. Some of the older ones are just as good too only a bit cheaper. All of the professor Layton games are great if you like puzzle games. And you can't forget the classics on it like Namco Museum, frogger, and a think there are a few more, but I can't remember which right now.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shana View Post
    All the old DS games wok on it as well, you don't just have to get 3DS games.
    I think I already have Cooking Mama. </snark>

But paying like $300 to play yet another Pokemon game and all the games I already have sounds a little too much like investing in Telstra. Unless they come out with something really killer I don't see myself going for it.

Thanks

I personally find the most entertaining app is the Flipnote app which comes with the Nintendo 3DS. For those who don't know what it is, its basically an application where you could make animations and you could upload it or view other's animations!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gsltw View Post
    I just have a DS Lite (or whatever they're called). Is there any real point in upgrading apart from the new Pokemon games?

I have a mate who keeps pushing me to get one but he can't give me much of a reason why other than "it has Pokemon X and Y", how Street Pass is kinda neat, and "dude, 3D!" What on earth am I missing out on?
    If you're content with the pokemon games on the 3ds Lite, then you're not missing out an an awful lot with the newer pokemon games, a few upgrades here and there, which are mostly gimmicks.

Thanks

I have a 3DS XL. I would recommend the XL over the normal 3ds, once you play on an XL, the normal 3ds doesn't feel right. My favourite game is Pokemon X and Animal Crossing. I still play Pokemon regulaly and have 100+ hours in it. Animal Crossing is fun to play sometimes, but other times it turns into a chore.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JackDannox View Post
    I have a 3DS XL. I would recommend the XL over the normal 3ds, once you play on an XL, the normal 3ds doesn't feel right. My favourite game is Pokemon X and Animal Crossing. I still play Pokemon regulaly and have 100+ hours in it. Animal Crossing is fun to play sometimes, but other times it turns into a chore.
    Have to agree with you on going from an XL to an ordinary 3ds feeling weird. It's like going from an Iphone to the original Nokia... just feels... lower tech.

Thanks

Not only that, but it's actually uncomfortable for my hands. The jaggedness of the 3ds gives my hand a cramp after long hours of gaming. There really is no downside to the XL apart from if you have small pockets.

Thanks

A lot of recommendations for Animal Crossing, I think I'll check it out!
    Other than that, I'm also getting the new Zelda game.

Thanks

Yeah, I got a 3DS a month or two after release and was glad I did. Besides the PC it's the best Gaming Solution out there atm IMO. Plenty of games all the time with all kinds of genre's and the third party support so far has been incredible. Dead or Alive Dimensions is sweet and Animal Crossing is adorable. It's pretty great.

Thanks

Radiant Historia. Old school RPG, which may remind you of the goold old SNES days. I really liked the concept of time-travelling (like Chrono Trigger) but there was a lot of freedom to change history.