Thread: wireless printer on home network

Thanks

Angry wireless printer on home network

hi all

i have a epson nx 130 printer connected locally via a usb cable to my hp laptop which is shared on my home wifi network via the hp laptop and works from every other laptop in the house.
    what i would like to do is print from my android tablet & phone via the home network.?

i have tried on both and cannot find printer via the home network using epson iprint app

i am thinking of plugging in the nx-130 printer to my nb16wv router/modem as a printer server set up

whats the best way to do it all ideas would be appreciated and helpful to make my mind up.

thanks to everyone who answers.

DuDeLoVe00

Look Here ->
    Thanks

I would recommend you try another app first. Instead of using the epson iprint app (which sounds like it was designed for the iphone rather than android), you can try google's answer to printing called "cloud print".

Google's Cloud Print is the official solution for printing from Android devices so it is worth giving it a go, and then report back and let us know if it works.

Thanks

The epson iprint app is on android and I've used it before with my epson printer and think it works just fine. Have you tried it yet? Epson also has another app for android as well that will just locate any epson printer for you. If you just type epson into the play store you will find all of epson's apps. Good luck though and let us know how it goes, maybe there is something else that can be done as well.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,118 Times in 573 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dudelove00 View Post
    hi all

i have a epson nx 130 printer connected locally via a usb cable to my hp laptop which is shared on my home wifi network via the hp laptop and works from every other laptop in the house.
    The Epson app needs your printer to be connected by wifi to the router.

From what you describe your printer is connected to the laptop by USB, not via wifi to the router, and that is why the app won't find it.

Connect the printer via wifi to your router then it should work fine.

Thanks

Looks like Epson iPrint doesn't support your model:

Epson themselves recommend the Google Cloud Print service that kai_uk suggested. I think that would be your best bet.

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,075 Times in 3,347 Posts

If your printer is plugged into a computer, you could always set up printer sharing on that machine then every machine on your network should be able to see it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by peteramjet View Post
    The Epson app needs your printer to be connected by wifi to the router.

From what you describe your printer is connected to the laptop by USB, not via wifi to the router, and that is why the app won't find it.

Connect the printer via wifi to your router then it should work fine.

Good catch! I didn't notice that comment apparently!

With all this awesome advice though something has got to work. So have you tried again yet? Is it working yet? I'd love to know if you got everything up and running properly.