Thread: Relocate DVR in a multi tennant site

Thanks

Default Relocate DVR in a multi tennant site

Hi All,

I have a customer that has a 16 channel DVR located in a separate building from his main office. The separate building is being leased out and the DVR now needs to be relocated back in his office.

There is only one Co-ax running back to the main office> There is no way of running cables under the site roadways as conduits are full.

Can one suggest a cost effective way of getting the signal for 16 cameras back to the office. Line of site between buildings is approx. 50 meters.

I have thought of using a modulator but have been able to find a 16 channel modulator for this application at a reasonable price.

Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

Look Here ->
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

As you've probably discovered, there are options, but at a price.

What's your definition of 'reasonable' price?

Thanks

Run us through the concerns to leave the DVR in place ?
    Power ?
    Accessibility?
    Security ?
    In Control ?
    I would think if it was in a small locked Rack and the Ethernet was converted to Coax and sent to the main office that would be ok ? but of course its impossible to know the circumstance, but that would certainly be cheap and easy.

My only suggestion is to get a 16ch IP converter and convert the cameras then send them over a IP to Coax converter and then in to a NVR or back out as 16ch and back into the DVR.
    It is pretty ugly and power / security etc are still existing as issues so, this is why I would suggest to leave it in place and just remote access through IP.

Thanks

I don't think the customer really wants to spend over $1,500 including labor. (His opinion of a reasonable price).

The site is a multi tenant truck depot over approx. 20 acres and has many truck companies leasing separate storage sheds across the site.
    The DVR in question is currently in a tenants shed and access is only allowed when he is there which restricts access to the DVR for service issues or viewing footage.
    We are still waiting on his IT guy to complete a wireless LAN networks which he has been working on for the last 2 years. (repeaters etc have been installed and powered up but not configured yet).
    The main issues is he doesn't want his equipment in this shed anymore as the current tenant does not use his alarm and there have been thefts of site of semi trailers & other expensive items on site.
    He considered installing the equipment in a rack and like he said "how is that going to stop some one from disconnecting it if they come in with a fork lift".

Which company sells a decent 16ch IP convertor at a reasonable price?

Thanks

Ok, thanks for the clarification.

So, there is no chance of doing the job under $1500 - the parts and labor will cost much more.

A wifi link is very simple and half that cost to supply and setup. We have outdoor WIFI pods and docs on how to set it up as a bridge if you are interested.
    The IT guy is either lazy, not qualified to set them up or hasnt been paid to finish it, so if you want we can get you the gear.

The only thing I can suggest is put in an alarm to protect the DVR or for it to send an alarm or email if someone is tampering with it out of hours.
    This would just require a WAN connection or telephone line and is relatively cheap if the DVR has the features.