Thread: help to setup Multiswitch

Thanks

Default help to setup Multiswitch

hi all

I live in Campsie,Sydney,I have a 2.4m dish with single C-band LNB (only 1 cable, sure it call "one cable solution")with the motor which can change the position,
    I have 4 tuner in the moment,i can watch the china 6B,Asia 3.......all the satellite both v and h channel which i can watch any channel on each tuner.
    I want to run 4 more outlet in the house and want to install the MULTISWITCH to improve the singal ,so I went to the satellite equipment shop,the guy suggest me to get "SPAUN MULTISWITCH 2 WIRE CASCADE 12 OUTPUTS_ DS/SMS2212F"
    I have told him I only got I cable and need only 1 input not 2 input,but the guy told me it will be fine just connect 1 input to watch V and H channel.
    Can any member tell will that work?
    If not which MULTISWITCH should I get?

thank you

Look Here ->
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,452 Times in 1,066 Posts

Wink One Cable Solution.

Quote Originally Posted by andrew1918 View Post
    hi all

I live in Campsie,Sydney,I have a 2.4m dish with single C-band LNB (only 1 cable, sure it call "one cable solution")with the motor which can change the position,
    I have 4 tuner in the moment,i can watch the china 6B,Asia 3.......all the satellite both v and h channel which i can watch any channel on each tuner.
    I want to run 4 more outlet in the house and want to install the MULTISWITCH to improve the singal ,so I went to the satellite equipment shop,the guy suggest me to get "SPAUN MULTISWITCH 2 WIRE CASCADE 12 OUTPUTS_ DS/SMS2212F"
    I have told him I only got I cable and need only 1 input not 2 input,but the guy told me it will be fine just connect 1 input to watch V and H channel.

thank you

I Cannot see that there would be any difference to what you already have ??
    Yes I believe it will work, but all boxes on same Satellite and only one box controlling which Satellite.

One Cable Solution

The One Cable Solution is Mexico’s favorite choice for SKY television systems requiring more than one receiver. Designed for homes and businesses with multiple receivers, the One Cable Solution can be easily installed for both high definition and standard digital television. The One Cable Solution utilizes Chaparral’s patented ceramic filter technology to deliver years of trouble free performance for a reasonable price. This superior performing LNBF is backed by a solid two year factory warranty. All One Cable Solution LNBFs leave the factory pre-tested so that they are ready to perform in harshest environments. Customers who purchase the One Cable Solution for the first time quickly realize why it has been a favorite choice among SKY Mexico customers for years.

One Cable Solution
    Price: $35.00

Features:

• Patented ceramic filter technology
    • 2-Year Factory warranty
    • Easy to Install
    • Water Resistant

Specifications

Part Number 11-7247-1
    Input Frequency 11.7- 12.2 GHz
    Output frequency H Band 950-1450 MHz
    V Band 1600-2100 MHz
    Output Connector Type “F” Female Connector
    Conversion Gain 58 dB typical
    Polarization Linear; Horizontal and Vertical
    Cross Pol. Isolation 20 dB Minimum
    Weight 330g
    Noise Figure .8dB typical
    LO frequency High band 10.75
    Low band 10.1 GHz
    Last edited by beer4life; 20-11-13 at 08:34 AM.

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,435 Times in 2,650 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by andrew1918 View Post
    hi all

I want to run 4 more outlet in the house F"and want to install the MULTISWITCH to improve the singal ,so I went to the satellite equipment shop,the guy suggest me to get "SPAUN MULTISWITCH 2 WIRE CASCADE 12 OUTPUTS_ DS/SMS2212

thank you
    yes that will work.
    You only need one LNB cable connected to the Multiswitch input for your setup.
    Being cascade type means it can be linked to 2 or more multiswitch's for extra outlets.
    The multiswitch will not likely improve the signal; it will distribute the signal.

When you say 4 more outlets, do you mean single cable/tuner outlets?

If so you could also use a
    No more room for expansion, however a lot cheaper.
    Last edited by Tiny; 20-11-13 at 10:05 AM. Reason: Check Specs.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

Thanks

Thanks for the reply.
    I can watch and change the different channel which including the vertical and horizontal channel on the 4 setup top box .
    The guy in the satellite equipment store told me I just put in any input to the multiswitch but I just confuse how it work with that .
    I got only I cable and the switch got two input ,one vertical and one horizontal .
    That mean I can only watch the vertical or horizontal ,I can't change the channel between them.

Thanks

Hi
    I want to run 4 more new cable to the different room.

Thanks

Hi
    How it work if I only got I cable and the switch got 2 in 8 out.

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks

The 2 in can be used with 1 Horizontal LNB & 1 Vertical LNB as well well as other configs, so your dual polarity LNB can be connected to either H or V input & the multiswitch will pass the voltage from Decoder to LNB to switch between H & V.
    With 2 dual polarity LNB connected to H & V input of the Multiswitch you can have 2 or more decoders using different Polarization, one on H & one on V.
    Hope that helps.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,452 Times in 1,066 Posts

Wink Motorised Satellite Pointing.

Quote Originally Posted by andrew1918
    The OP seems to be saying that he can watch any of the channels on each decoder from all Satellites simultaneously ??

It is not technically possible nor feasible to have more than one decoder controlling Satellite Dish position. And most certainly not with either set up as proposed.

Last edited by beer4life; 20-11-13 at 01:39 PM.

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beer4life View Post
    The OP seems to be saying that he can watch any of the channels on each decoder from all Satellites simultaneously ??

It is not technically possible nor feasible to have more than one decoder controlling Satellite Dish position. And most certainly not with either set up as proposed.

His words are a little ambiguous??
    While he doesn't say that he can get all channels simultaneously. He does however imply that, if you read it that way.
    In which case I agree, that it is technically impossible with his setup.

He could get them all individually, 1 tuner at a time, which is what I thought he meant.

EDIT: Back to his original question, to distribute the single cable signal that he has to 8 outlets, 4 he already has & 4 he is adding, then both multiswitch will do that.
    Last edited by Tiny; 20-11-13 at 04:20 PM.
    Cheers, Tiny

• The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny For This Useful Post:

beer4life (20-11-13)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beer4life View Post

I only have one control box to change the satelltie position in the living room,so all the tuner watching the same satelltie,but I can change the channel between the v and H and will not disturb another tuner.