Thread: Best casual MMO?

Thanks

Default Best casual MMO?

Over the summer I had a lot of free time on my hands and could easily invest multiple hours a day playing MMOs such as Lord of the Rings online. But now I have a job as well as school as well as a thirst for MMOs, but I only have about an hours free time a day. most MMOs like LOTRO require a lot of time to be invested- time that I don't have. So I was wondering- are there any MMOs which on't require much time invested in them? A sort of... casual MMO if you will?

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Neverwinter has an interesting feature if you can access the internet regularly throughout the day even when not playing.
    You can visit their site and set up your crafting orders without being logged into the game, that way you could still get involved with the game without having any actual gaming time.
    Besides that it might be hard to recommend something, what sort of activities do you like the most in MMO's? Crafting? Questing? PvP?

Thanks

I like all of it to be honest, the crafting, the questing the pvp, the levelling up. But it all just takes so long, I was perhaps looking for something that incorporates everything a good MMO does, but in a shorter condensed game than others, so that those with little time on their hands can still play and get the same enjoyment as they would if they were playing a regular MMO and had invested 12 hours a day playing.

Thanks

A good friend of mine has been playing Final Fantasy 14. He says it's just amazing now that they've redone it. (When it first came out it was really crappy, but Square Enix actually listened and revamped it.) Apparently the crafting is a lot of fun, as well as the fishing. He is constantly fishing in this game, it's ridiculous. An hour a day though -- well, that makes it difficult. Have you considered taking up Minecraft?

Thanks

I've played MineCraft and it's fun, but the way the game works engages the part of my mind where I create video games... which would be great... except I create video games as a living... all day... every day... an MMO is a suitable change of pace... I played "tribal Wars" once which never required too much time in one sitting. But the death penalty of having to start all over again was just too much.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jcannon View Post
    A good friend of mine has been playing Final Fantasy 14. He says it's just amazing now that they've redone it. (When it first came out it was really crappy, but Square Enix actually listened and revamped it.) Apparently the crafting is a lot of fun, as well as the fishing. He is constantly fishing in this game, it's ridiculous. An hour a day though -- well, that makes it difficult. Have you considered taking up Minecraft?
    I like Final Fantasy's universe but their last MMO was super grindy, do you know if this one is any better?

Thanks

I find that Mabinogi can be played casually. It also fun and though the community is small, if you find some casual players, it's fun to socialize with them. It's sort of old but has a really unique combat system and also there are some cool cash shop things that last forever. It's not very hard core but sometimes it needs some grinding. But that all the other MMOs out there so its not that different.

Thanks

Thanks, i checked Mabinogi out and have now signed up to it! It's going pretty well so far! I've only played it for a couple hours but so far, so good!

Thanks

MMO's never seem to be made for casual gamers. The ones that I have played take a lot of time to get where you want to go which sucks. Elder Scrolls Online looks promising for a less time consuming game which cuts to the action. As others have said, Minecraft would definatly count as a casual MMO.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JackDannox View Post
    MMO's never seem to be made for casual gamers. The ones that I have played take a lot of time to get where you want to go which sucks. Elder Scrolls Online looks promising for a less time consuming game which cuts to the action. As others have said, Minecraft would definatly count as a casual MMO.
    I've played Minecraft before a lot and it doesn't really appeal to me as much as other voxel based games. Granted Minecraft was the most popular one, I think there are better ones out there.

Thanks

The problem with MMO is you need to invest time to make it worth it. Minecraft would be the closest but for me It just doesn't interest me. Two that you could consider is league of legends and Titan Quest, but then again I doubt that an hour would work because you just start getting into thinks and then your hour is up.

Thanks

I solved this problem by playing Tribal Wars. It's not an action MMO, it's just a browser based medieval city building game where you build armies and send them to war to conquer other towns and villages.