Thread: PLEASE Help getting maps working on a 62s!!!!!!

Thanks

Default PLEASE Help getting maps working on a 62s!!!!!!

Can someone please help or point me in the right direction.. I have 2 GARMIN Units a NUVI in the 4WD and just brought a GPSmap 62s for the dirtbike/bush I have acquired a couple of different maps (OZTOPO V4, CNAUNZNT201420 and the BlueChart G2 HPC024R - Australia & New Zealand) now the first and second work 100% on the NUVI (haven't tried the BlueChart yet) but when loaded onto the 62s MicroSD they show up in the device and I can enable them but they don't display all detail????? I am going crazy as to why.. Any help would be greatly appreciated guys... Oh and I would assume that the maps are unlocked as they work on the NUVI

Look Here ->
    Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,436 Times in 2,651 Posts

Well lets be positive, you're halfway there, they work on one GPS.

When you say you have the maps on an Sd card, what is the Folder called that the maps are in & how are the maps named?

For the 62's the Folder must be called Garmin, When you say; "I can enable them but they don't display all detail," you may need to enable the map you want & disable the one you don't want. Oz Topo has 2 layers, Roads & Contours, pick 1 or both. City nav should be good, it will however have draw priority over OzTopo if they are both enabled.
    Never tried Blue charts on a handheld or Nuvi? Could have draw priority or not. Shouldn't matter in most cases, different coverage area.
    Anyway try enable & disable see how you go.

For the Nuvi the folder on SD card can be Garmin or Map depending on how you name the maps & in most cases on the Nuvi new maps default to being enabled. Again disable or enable to get the desired result. You probably already got this haven't you?

See my tutorial. Post #1, Handhelds.
    It's the sticky at the top of the page.

If all that is correct then try;
    1: zoom in a bit or a lot, if still no detail.
    2: Check settings in your GPS menu for map detail, more detail would be the way I'd be going.

Let us know how it goes.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

• The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny For This Useful Post:

b3n0s (26-11-13)

Thanks

Ok the 3 maps are in a folder on a 16GB CLASS 10 MicroSD named "Garmin" and the 3 files are "gmapsupp.img" which is the TOPO Australia & New Zealand v4, "CNAUNZNT201420.img" which is the CN Aus & NZ NT 2014.20 ALL and the 3rd file is "HPC024R - Australia & New Zealand.img" which is the BlueChart Aus-NZ v2012.5 map they are all in the same folder and I am only enabling 1 at any given time... I have tried changing the detail levels of each map, zooming in and out and zoom levels of streets ect.. IT'S GOT ME BAMBOOZLED!!

If I take the card out of the the 62s and put in the nuvi they work fine ??? this is why I was wondering if the 62s had a different procedure of enabling the maps on the device or they had to be installed through the PC???

Thanks

the 62s can see all of them when you go into the "Map Information Select Map" page and I can enable them but all the detail just isn't displayed ??? also if I try do turn by turn navigation it just comes up with the pinky/purple line where the streets would be and just gives me turn right in 40m for example at the top of the screen still with no streets displayed ????

also where can the layers be changed on the 62s??? maybe that's all the issue is ?

Thanks

Also just checked the device Software Version is 4.50 and there is an update to 5.10 but I'm always weary of firmware updates as they usually do them to stop you using 3rd party software, maps ect..

Thanks

ok after pulling my hair out I updated to 5.10 reset to factory default and started again and it works.. not sure how or why but it does I'm stoked though all 3 maps stated above and even added the Shonky maps also
    so suppose this post can be deleted

Thanks

And thanks Tiny

• The Following User Says Thank You to b3n0s For This Useful Post:

Tiny (27-11-13)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by b3n0s View Post
    ................................... I have acquired a couple of different maps (OZTOPO V4, .........................
    Any chance of sharing?

(o)(o)
    =(_)=