Thread: Changing iGO maps Parrot Smart

Thanks

Default Changing iGO maps Parrot Smart

Hey guys,

I just picked myself up a Parrot Asteroid Smart Headunit with GPS for my car. I bought the unit from the US for much less than locally, now I'm just trying to work out how to get the Australian maps onto it. I've downloaded the latest AU maps and content and put it where I think it should be, but the system still does not recognise the AU maps. I'm guessing I have to edit a config file or licence file or something, but not sure where to start. I was hoping someone here may know what I need to edit to get it working. I've attached a directory listing of the igo directory from he SD card hoping that will help.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Look Here ->
    Thanks

You appear to have a properly licensed version there so the only way to get the Aussie maps to work is to purchase them from NNG. The license you have does not support the new maps. The only way to overcome this is to replace the complete installation with a cracked version of iGO/Primo so any maps can be used.

Cheers, Ian
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by glenb83 View Post
    Hey guys,

I just picked myself up a Parrot Asteroid Smart Headunit with GPS for my car. I bought the unit from the US for much less than locally, now I'm just trying to work out how to get the Australian maps onto it. I've downloaded the latest AU maps and content and put it where I think it should be, but the system still does not recognise the AU maps. I'm guessing I have to edit a config file or licence file or something, but not sure where to start. I was hoping someone here may know what I need to edit to get it working. I've attached a directory listing of the igo directory from he SD card hoping that will help.
    With that license you can use only TT NA maps, not AU, and probably it's 1 year license for TT NA, only solution is to run Primo cracked with AU maps, no other solution.

Thanks

Thanks for the replies guys, guess I'll look into the 'full' version with au maps then. I had a copy of primo with all the Australian content for wince from this forum on my old head unit, didn't realise there was a version of primo for android though, I'll have to look on here for a copy.

What other GPS software would people recommend for android? I'm currently using metro view beta which has all the features I need but doesn't look that nice.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD

Thanks

Either Primo or Sygic for Android.
    Copies on fixmygps .
    Have a nice day