Thread: Diagnostic Tool for Mercedes Benz C220 '94

Thanks

Default Diagnostic Tool for Mercedes Benz C220 '94

Hi

Can any 1 assist where I can buy the diagnostic tool which is economical but effective, say online or a store?

Thanks

Look Here ->
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,048 Times in 533 Posts

google is your friend

Thanks

Cannot find in google. Any 1 here have used one B4

Thanks

I have used one, I worked for MB Aust for 12 years. What would you like to know about the CIS system? I know that they are priced so that nobody can afford one. And they need the latest software cartridge to work properly. You will also need a factory workshop manual to understand the output data. They cant adjust much just realy for diagnosis.

Thanks

Thanks. I have found from Ebay Scansoft Imterface Multiplexer which comes with 38 pins connectors which suite both cars. I may need to buy the software though. What do you think of this unit?

Thanks

I had a quick look at the Carsoft MCU, it seems to be complete. I don`t know where you will find the software. That is your biggest problem.

Thanks

I also found the software for the scansoft at Ebay, I assume its from scansoft, it rather cheap $40. Is the one software can do both cars W202 (1994 C220) & W210 (2001 E240), they both have the same connector with 38 pins. Can you confirm they have the same connectors.

I know MB uses the same Star Diagnosis s/w, I saw other day its supplied from a firm in wantirna, do you have the name. It seem to be labbeled in the cd for star.

I only want to diagnose also & read the codes if there is any. My W202 dont seem to have any CEL, does that mean there is nothing stored in memory if I plug it to check the codes?

Thanks

Thanks

If you batterys been disconected im pretty sure all error codes would be wiped off the ecu.

Thanks

I was hoping to find the software somewhere for free for you. The info you can read will be most of the vehicle details (VIN No, software details, build date etc) and current faults if there are any. You can also check throttle position and make minor adjustments to the avalible systems. But you need a workshop manual or hopefully the software will have one built in. Even the faults are described in a way that they have to be interpreted with some reference material.
    Cheers
    Scott93au

Thanks

The Ebay seller in Syd inform me to buy the Multiplexer version to have enhance diagnostic of not just the ECU. The seller will provide the links to software for free download. I think its user friendly otherwise I can ask for help in MB forums for the error codes.Thats fantastic, all for $300 approx incl delivery.

I may buy this...online

Thanks

Default Carsoft

rmt6668 did you buy it, and was you able to get some data from the car ?

Thanks

Default mercedes benz

DAS v2010.5
    XENTRY 2010.5
    WIS v2010.5
    EPC v2010.5
    STAR FINDERV3.2008
    sd Media 2009.11
    mercedes truck speed limited unlock
    w211 sbc reset
    w204 no need password

Thanks

The MB STAR system, when it made its debut, was much more capable because it was PC-based (IBM T30 laptop), but it was also very versatile

because it incorporated a HHT emulation mode (for backward compatibility) along with a "multiplexer" intermediate unit between the PC and the car,

which allowed the connection of a variety of different diagnostic connection cables, depending on which diagnostic system the car in question happened

to use. For the oldest cars (i.e. the C126, early R129 SL models, early W124s and W140s, etc.) a "four-pin" diagnostic cable was provided. For second-

generation cars, such as the E500E, 400E/E420, middle and later R129s, middle and later W140s, the familiar "38-pin" plug is provided. There are also

OBD-2 interface cables for model year 1996 and later cars, as well as a 14-pin cable for European diagnostic systems. All of these cables allow the

combination of the MB STAR with the in-line multiplexer unit to fully interface with any particular car's computers.

here has been precious little information on the Internet about the Chinese C3 systems, how they operate, and in general how the system

operates. This thread will be a thorough, methodical investigation of how the system works, what it looks like, and how it can be used with the E500E

(and by extension, the 400E/E420). It is up to the individual owner as to whether they need or would want such a unit. It would be overkill for many if not

most owners. However, there are a number of owners who do want to do their own maintenance and want the tools to help them do this properly. For

these owners, purchasing an HHT or MB STAR system may be a good idea.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

ealltech,

It's great of you to contribute, but did you look at the date of this thread before you posted?

It's over 6 years old.