Thread: Garage Door Controller

Thanks

Default Garage Door Controller

Hi All

I am trying to track down a diagram for a Glideroll Glidermatic Hd Dual garage door controller. Its about 14 years old.
    More specificaly theres a bank of about 8 dip switches on the top of the board and I need to know what each of them does.
    I know they set the current limits for the motor and an auto close timer function but I don't know which does which.
    I've checked their website but they dont offer alot on there.

Any help will be appreciated.

Cheers

Rod
    Disclaimer
    Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Use only as directed. Apply only to affected area.
    If condition persists, consult your physician. Subject to change without notice. Please remain seated until the ride has
    come to a complete stop. Contains a substantial amount of non-tobacco ingredients. For office use only. Do not write below
    this line. STIMPY WAS HERE. Reproduction strictly prohibited. No solicitors. No anchovies unless otherwise specified.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

I thought those DIPS set the frequency.

Thanks

usually they set the unique code.
    Is there dip switches in the remote as well?

What happens if I press alt + F4?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,207 Times in 1,132 Posts

As far as I know they are for the security for the remote control
    what ever dips you have selected on the main unit must be identical to those in the remote
    When you do things right, people won't be sure that you have done anything at all

I am NOT the Messiah!
    Thanks

The dip switches determine the authentication code sent to the receiver. Both receiver and remote must match. Other than that the frequency of the remote must match the receiver.

More modern systems use rolling code where the receiver and remote must be on the same frequency but the remote must be authorised on the receiver. Given you have dip switches it’s simply a matter of having the same switch settings and frequency. In some cases the receiver code is hard wired without a switch with wire links or such.

If the frequency is out then you need to monitor the receiver with a CRO or volt meter on a pin of the decoder chip while tuning the remote. To work that out you need to identify the chip set and google it to find the right pin.

Thanks

Thanks guys
    Yeah I think I'm on the wrong track with the dips, by looking at some of the diagrams in Robs links I can see the settings I'm after are done by the jumpers, just which ones is the big question.
    None of those units in the links match mine, I think mines a bit older than those.
    I'll get some pics of the unit and the main board and post em here tomorrow. Maybe one of you can work it out.
    Otherwise I might just suck it and see what happens if I change em.
    Disclaimer
    Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Use only as directed. Apply only to affected area.
    If condition persists, consult your physician. Subject to change without notice. Please remain seated until the ride has
    come to a complete stop. Contains a substantial amount of non-tobacco ingredients. For office use only. Do not write below
    this line. STIMPY WAS HERE. Reproduction strictly prohibited. No solicitors. No anchovies unless otherwise specified.

Thanks

Ok heres a pic

The pot at No 1 is marked current so I assume thats the current limit setting for the door, The pot at No 2 is just marked 'MAX' So I think that that might be the time setting for the Auto close.
    The dips at No 3 I have no idea, maybe to set auto close on off ??
    Disclaimer

Banned
    Thanks

Cool

You will probably find that the pot is the setting for an electronic clutch. If the door is hits an obsticle or jams on its closing cycle the motor cuurent increases.The electronic clutch senses this and either stops the motor or puts it into reverse

Thanks

3 pots on my door opener do this.

Door low stop point,
    Door high stop point,
    Crushing child under door stop load.

A 4th one sets the Light on time.
    By reading this, you have already given me control over a tiny slice of your mind