Thread: [Android/PC] Mobogenie

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,206 Times in 607 Posts

Default [Android/PC] Mobogenie

Did you ever wish you easily could carry the data in your PC on your mobile Android device? makes it possible! Transfer pictures, videos, music and other data between your Windows PC and Android device... all with just one click! Best: Mobogenie is Windows 8/7/XP/2003/Vista ready.

I did it. And installed Mobogenie on my Android tablet. Must say, it's great. It became my #1 tool in managing my Android via PC.

To get it working, first of all you must enable on your Android device the USB Debugger

How to:

and then, secondly, connect your Android via USB with your PC. Driver software both at PC and Android side gets installed. Note this takes some minutes, so be patient.

HTH

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Isn't it what you can do anyway without any apps installed?

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 1,771 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fromaron View Post
    Isn't it what you can do anyway without any apps installed?
    Hmmmm ..... yes, I can connect either my Android-based mobile 'phone or Android-based tablet to my windows computer via USB and browse directories and transfer stuff (text files, pictures, android apps, whatever) back and forth using Windows Explorer - no special software or other apps needed.

Perhaps the OP's software fulfills other functions also?

Banned

Thanks

Taken from Mobogenie's website:

Mobogenie is a Windows application that allows you to control your Android smartphone from your computer, without needing to look at both screens at once.

You don't need any special cables to connect the two devices. This tool lets you perform a range of functions just as though you were using the phone and not the computer, as well as others that you can't perform directly on the smartphone, like a full restore.

You can make backup copies, install or uninstall applications, and even access the Google Play store and download games directly from there. You can access all the data stored on its hard drive, and, basically, perform any task that you would normally do from your Android device.

This tool gives you so much freedom, you can even send text messages to your contacts from your PC.

Mobogenie turns your computer into your smartphone, making it simpler to add or remove documents and applications.
    I'm NOT affiliated in any ways with Mobogenie ...

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

This damn program backpacked itself onto a program I downloaded and I had a tussle removing it from the computer as I didnt know what it did then and now I do know, I still dont want it.
    One was called Mobogenie, the other was Mobogenius.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Banned

Thanks

A quick Google-search for Mobogenius gave no results.

This damn program backpacked itself onto a program I downloaded
    Not possible at all: At PC side in <drive>\Programs a subfolder Mobogenie is created. The executable is named Mobogenie.exe.

FYI: An uninstaller for Mobogenie of course exists.
    Last edited by jwoegerbauer; 06-01-14 at 09:01 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,797 Times in 862 Posts

There is proper stuff for all that available, one example is Airdroid.
    All major players have their programs as well.
    Mobogenie is a collection of "tools" claiming to do nice things - but for all that is proper stuff available that is not covered in aps and pop ups to get more of the crap.
    It is like these toolboxes for Windows that all look good before you installed them, later your browser has a new homepage and weird Emails appear in your account.
    Tomtom GO730 ,Navcore 9.004 ,Bootloader 5.5256 ,Map :Australia 845.2661
    ttmaps and Tomplayer on 16GB SDHC class6
    Password for all my files: downunder