Thread: Ness D24 System 0 Alarm Trigger

Thanks

Exclamation Ness D24 System 0 Alarm Trigger

Hi all

I have a hardwired NESS D24 alarm system which was installed just over a year ago. Since then, I have had issues with false triggering and the sensitivity of the the shock/vibration sensors, so much so that they all had to be replaced, with the installer saying the triggers were due to a bad batch. To add to the confusion of the false triggers from the sensors, I am also getting a system alarm trigger at random (2 to 3 days). The keypad says SYSTEM 0. After looking quickly through the manual I cannot see any SYSTEM 0 event. Its as if this alarm event does not exist. But the neighbors assure me that it does. grr!!!

Would anyone have any ideas on what this SYSTEM 0 event is that I see in memory?
    and any ideas on how to fix it?

Thanks

Look Here ->
    Thanks

D24 with Nessensors, take it out and start again.

Thanks

taking it out isn't really a option, i don't believe the sensors are the issue anymore as they have been replaced, I am thinking the System 0 event might be something different?
    Last edited by soprano; 06-01-14 at 12:19 AM.

Thanks

Hi Soprano,

RE: Vibration Sensors
    Were they the current or older cylindrical vibration sensors? There is enough sensitivity settings in the D24 to reduce them down.

Would anyone have any ideas on what this SYSTEM 0 event is that I see in memory? and any ideas on how to fix it?

If he had it installed a year ago then it must be the latest with output mapping for the aux button RK4.
    System "0" = RK4 Radio Key AUX Button.
    This means that in programming an output group has been selected to operate when the AUX button is pressed.
    Eg: to say program the AUX button to output group 17 P4017E 0E then all the output indicators including siren strobe etc will flash their icons but also the system icon because of its mapping it sort of looks like a fault. Remove the unnecessary outputs - use another output group.

May I ask if you are using the Aux button? Roller door or simply to drive something.

System 0 see Page 36 - Installers Tip

Regarding the Vib Sensors - a couple of FAQs

How are the vibration sensors mounted..horizontal or vertical - Always has to be horizontal

Mounted onto what type of surface?

What fixing method has been used to mount the sensors? Never glued or Double sided tape- Can only be mounted with screw into the mounting spline. Glue/tape will change the vibration characteristics and the sensor's sensitivity will be increased that in turn can lead to false alarms/ over sensitivity.

Has the sensitivity of the sensor itself been changed to suit the mounting surface?

At installation time were the vibration sensors performing ok or tuned appropriately ?

regards MCman

• The Following User Says Thank You to MCman For This Useful Post:

soprano (20-01-14)

Thanks

Thanks MCman

Awhile ago we had, an extra controller programmed as a spare (3 in total). Now that I think about it, that was about the time that we started experiencing problems with the System 0 Event. The remotes are a 4 button controller (arm, disarm, panic, and roller door).
    How would one correct this issue? or would it easier to call someone to reprogram the remotes? If that is all the issue is?

And in regards to the vibration/reed sensors they are installed with double sided tape on the sensor and the magnet. The sensitivity of the sensors have been adjusted to something close to minimum, due to false triggers during rain storms and wind.
    It makes sense in what your saying bout sensitivity. Ill look at correcting this fixing method.

Thanks for the advice