Thread: Chrome now most popular browser on Austech

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Default Chrome now most popular browser on Austech

Firefox has held top spot for many years but has finally lost top spot.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

OSIRUS (06-01-14)

Look Here ->
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,560 Times in 1,311 Posts

Yeah, I switched a couple of years back when I was finding firefox constantly needing and pestering for updates while seeming to be getting more bloated and slow. It may be better now but I am now reasonably happy with chrome so will stick with it.

Administrator
    Thanks

I have also been using Chrome for a few years and cant see myself using anything else.

Thanks

I'm Still With Firefox, Not a Fan Of Chrome at all. Some Clients have it but thats their choice.. LOL

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mutanti View Post
    I'm Still With Firefox, Not a Fan Of Chrome at all. Some Clients have it but thats their choice.. LOL
    Same here! Chrome doesn't have the customization I like. I like being able to open about:config and change everything in the browser to suit my needs, I like the range of add-ons too!
    I do, however load up chrome when using Google Docs and Google Drive due to the fact that there are special things that only work in chrome, such as copying and pasting and uploading folders

• 06-01-14, 08:52 PM

Reason
    Thanks for your efforts in robbing the sites income

• 06-01-14, 09:22 PM

Reason
    Related to above but thanks for your support

• 06-01-14, 09:30 PM

Reason
    As above

• 06-01-14, 09:41 PM

Reason
    As above

Thanks

Double Post :P sorry :/
    Last edited by ada101; 06-01-14 at 09:43 PM.

• 06-01-14, 09:51 PM

Reason
    And again

Thanks
    Thanked 2,207 Times in 1,132 Posts

Chrome all the way now, FF was getting so bloated with updates every 2nd day
    When you do things right, people won't be sure that you have done anything at all

• 07-01-14, 01:56 AM

Reason
    And again

Administrator
    Thanks

It constantly amazes me that I have to deal with idiots in regards to discussion on reducing this sites income, given that that very recently I have stated the site is at its lowest income level in years.

I can guarantee you all that the next one that even wants to suggest it will enjoy a nice christmas holiday free of charge from me.

Understando?

Thanks

I'm sorry that you thought I would actively attack austechs income stream - wasn't my intention. Nor do I think anyone else here did intend to create a discussion to reduce the income stream. I happily pay the minuscule amount every year to become a premium member, happily pay double - not to have an email address, or access private forum, but to assist the forum to survive.

I don't believe I am an idiot, I actually believe that many here are intelligent and enjoy the discussions that they are involved with.
    You started the discussion, I simply gave a reason why I use a specific browsing tool
    I don't enjoy some of the advertising here, nor do I think premium members should get advertising

If you feel that I must be banned, then so be it - end of an era, member from the last millennium

yours

probably signing out for the last time

freakee1
    有段者

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    It constantly amazes me that I have to deal with idiots in regards to discussion on reducing this sites income, given that that very recently I have stated the site is at its lowest income level in years.

I can guarantee you all that the next one that even wants to suggest it will enjoy a nice christmas holiday free of charge from me.

Understando?
    So you have a problem with members here using an add blocker, yet you yourself use one on your phone?

Don't the people who write apps deserve to be paid for their work just as much as you do mate?

Administrator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by freakee1 View Post
    I'm sorry that you thought I would actively attack austechs income stream - wasn't my intention. Nor do I think anyone else here did intend to create a discussion to reduce the income stream. I happily pay the minuscule amount every year to become a premium member, happily pay double - not to have an email address, or access private forum, but to assist the forum to survive.

I don't believe I am an idiot, I actually believe that many here are intelligent and enjoy the discussions that they are involved with.
    You started the discussion, I simply gave a reason why I use a specific browsing tool
    I don't enjoy some of the advertising here, nor do I think premium members should get advertising

If you feel that I must be banned, then so be it - end of an era, member from the last millennium

yours

probably signing out for the last time

freakee1
    Thats your choice, I am not going to waste my time debating the issue. It has been said before and I am not going to go throug it all yet again. While Premium Members ar appreciated, it doesnt give them anymore rights than anyone else.

And for the record, not all posts are advocationg blocking our ads, but if they are quoting someone that is, its deleted.

Administrator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dave001 View Post
    So you have a problem with members here using an add blocker, yet you yourself use one on your phone?

Don't the people who write apps deserve to be paid for their work just as much as you do mate?

I have a problem with members publically discussing blocking our ads on this site, not what you just claimed. I wouldnt come in to your house and talk to some people about emptying your wallet.

Apps like Tapatalk rob us of vasts amount of income. But I'll stick to keeping our own backyard clean thanks for your concern.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,087 Times in 637 Posts

I never use ad blockers, I prefer to see what Google is dishing up based on my browsing habits (or my email that they've been reading, that's a worthwhile exercise for anyone that uses Gmail), lets face it Google is reasonably dumb in that it will just place ads for primarily what you've already been looking at so I don't think there's that much intelligence in their adwords service, occasionally though I do see something of interest and will click on the link and check it out, I'm not sure how much benefit that brings

had never thought about the impact of Tapatalk, I guess if I'm browsing from mobile I'd be less inclined to look at an ad regardless but I guess the option isn't even there so the decision is made for me

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Yep, been on Chrome since it started, been my daily driver ever since.

I have had to use FireFox or Opera at times for certain things.
    But find Chrome, fast, easy and does what i need.

Thanks

I used Firefox and Chrome at the same time but finally decided that Chrome is better. I enjoy its functionality.

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,205 Times in 607 Posts

I've used the internet for almost two decades now and the web browser that I've used the most is Mozilla's "Firefox", currently "Firefox Nightly". I'm pretty sure that I wont switch to "Goggle Chrome", this because I want to see menus and icons up at the top of the browser. .