Thread: newbie help

Thanks

Default newbie help

hi,

i've moved into a house that currently has satellite TV set up to pick up a whole bunch of chinese channels on the ChinaSat 6B satellite.

the dish is connected to a SuperJack EZ-2000 device and also a DigiCrystal SDS-002 receiver.

now i am a complete noob to satellite TV, but i was wondering how do i pick up other channels i.e. i'm interested in some Hong Kong FTA channels.

do i simply use this SuperJack thing and move the dish around randomly and use trial and error? or is there a more logical approach to this?

regards

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Hi jonske,

Their is a logical approach, and its starts with this:
    1) look up this site to see what channels you are trying to see and also take note of the satellite that it is being transmitted on.
    2) Then use this site to explain how to point your dish.
    3) I don't know your STB but assuming it handles all FTA channels then once you are pointing to the correct Satellite, and you have all the correct settings and everything is tuned, then you might be able to view your channels.

P.S
    Do some reading in this forum as it will explain in more detail the steps listed above.

Good luck.

Group 1 Owner
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,632 Times in 742 Posts

I have the ez as weel. It probably has pre set positions in it. (preprogrammed) Try going up/down and see if dish moves (pos 1, pos 2 etc)

Find a Sat (EG:Asia3) and look at a Freq that you can receive in Oz. (Not all signals have a footprint in Oz so dont waste time scanning a signal that doesn't come here)

Then move your dish until the signal goes green. Save the position on your Ez and move to the next Sat.

I am asumming that the dish was setup correctly in the first place. If not then start reading, reading and a bit more reading.

Good luck.
    Cheers, Saintaholic

Thanks

Cool

yeh it does already have presets, a whole bunch of sats!

pretty cool hehe