Thread: How to get Indonesian TV channels

Thanks

Default How to get Indonesian TV channels

Hi all, I am new to this forum... and also a newbie in satellite TV stuff. I live in Brisbane and I want to watch Indonesian TV channels. If in addition to that I can watch other channels from other countries then that's a bonus for me.

What do I need and how much roughly will it cost me? Thank you for your help.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

from brisbane you will need at least a fixed 2.3m dish, c-band lnb, receiver and cabling.
    2nd hand you could probably pick these up for around the $200 mark , or new up to $500 depending on what you buy. Sometimes ebay has some cheap deals.
    On the satellite Palapa C2 with that size dish you will get indo channels like TVRI, SCTV, RCTI, Bali TV, MetroTV, Global TV. If you want to see more satellites with channels from other countries then you also need to add a positioner and actuator (motor) to move the dish to other satellites.
    Maybe go to a place that sells sat equipment like Joysat at Archerfield and ask for a demo and a quote.

Thanks

Don't I need to get it installed by professional? I heard that it's impossible to get the dish aligned to the satellite without a proper tool (frequency scanner or something)...

With that $500, will it include the installation?

Thanks

No need to pay someone to install it, you could do it yourself without paying for expensive equipment. You only need a $20 sat finder and a bit of patience. Here's a tutorial to get you started on what to do

Banned
    Thanks

Smile indo channels

hi tippy, im in nsw i get all the channels the other guys mentioned .im using a 4 metre mesh in nsw from time to time i can get tpi on vertical but the satellite verticals should cover australia wide as well etc. but bcz of the palapac2s vertical antennas and a few other technical problems you can only get them in nsw etc if you have a good orthomode set up or a bigger dish im told if you use a 4 .5 to 5 metre mesh dish in nsw. youll get tpi indosiar ,anteve etc but if palapa d2 goes up next year and they get the verticals right this time it reminds me of the palapa c1 senario which only lasted 3 to 4 weeks and it died that replaced b2p at 113east, but bcz of the satellite when it went up and atvi or abc australia was originally vertical and that had to change to horizontal so people could see it back in the old analog days.c1 was moved tyo 150.5 east and then resold to a european firm and renamed anatolia 1 at 50east !!!only to be used on ku band not cband as it was crap,palapac2 replaced palapac1 4 weeks later ok ,cheers hamguy2 nsw.

Thanks

hi,

Yes, I could get that all channel, but how to get australian free channel like 7,9,10 tru sattellite dish 2.3 m?

Thanks

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 1,771 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by midi View Post
    hi,

Yes, I could get that all channel, but how to get australian free channel like 7,9,10 tru sattellite dish 2.3 m?

Thanks
    Domestic terrestrial television channels such as 7, 9 and 10 (Australia) are not normally re-broadcast via satellite for free-to-air reception.
    Such channels appear on satellite only as a means to distribute them to other geographical locations so that they can then be broadcast via terrestrial transmitters for local reception.