Thread: Cant get my Humax 1003 onto D2..

Thanks

Default Cant get my Humax 1003 onto D2..

Ive just bought a VAST Humax 1003 and it works fine on FTA via C1.
    I want to tune it to D2, to test that out.
    So from what I can tell, I rotate anti clock wise by 6 degrees and raise it about 2.5 degrees.
    Heres the 2 sats from where Im located, alt azi etc

No matter what I do I cant get any signal at all when I move it to about where I think it should be. Finding C1 again is a piece of cake, its a big area it seems and I can go back to that every time.

Why cant I find D2? Do I need to do anything to the box to find a new sat?
    If I go into channel search it shows the C1 sat name and there is an option to enter custom details for another sat, I did try entering

Frequency: 12644 GHz
    Symbol Rate: 22500 Ms/s
    FEC: Auto
    Polarization: Vertical

in there, but that didnt make any difference. I found the above on a website somewhere.
    I have my son on the phone calling out the signal reading, its always at zero.

Perhaps the VAST box can only get the one sat?
    Perhaps I need to search further away from where I think i should be looking huh....???

Right now we go to menu, installation, signal detection I think is the area.

In there it shows the sat name, its freq etc and the signal.
    Thats where we are looking to find the new signal.
    If I do find a new sat, will this area repopulate with all new info about the new sat? Or do we somehow have to tell the box in there, what we want it to find?

PS I didnt touch the LNB at all, is that my big mistake? Seems it needs an extra 4.7 degrees, is that enough to mean I will only get zero signal even if Im pointing right at the bird?
    Last edited by Chargin; 18-01-14 at 06:11 PM.

Look Here ->
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

It's only designed for VAST. Use your other receiver for D2.

Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Thanks

WOW really? I had my suspicions....
    Ok Im going to order a F5S anyway after a bit of reading, sounds like a good, cheap box. The attempt with the Humax was just to test out D2. I have an old Hills VAST Aurora box that might be the same as the Humax, one sat only?

Thanks Leroy.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

Prob but I've not used the old Hills box.

Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Firstly, dont confuse VAST and Aurora as one as they were totally different services.
    Aurora could be received on ANY 3rd party STB so long as you had a suitable Smart card, without the card there were and still are channels available, like Al Jazerra and TVSN.
    I wasnt sure about the Humax made for VAST but the UEC DSD 4121 models are designed to receive VAST only and cant be retuned to any other service, just like the STB's used by Foxtel.

One other problem to be aware of but not on D2 as far as I know, some satellites now transmit in HD which unless you have a suitable STB, they cant receive the signal.

If you still have the users manual for the Hills STB and it describes how to tune it in, then it should work quite well on D2 and any other satellite you can receive unless the channels are encrypted.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

There is no such thing as a VAST/Aurora box.... they are entirely different services.

As Gordon mentioned, you could use an Aurora smartcard in your choice of non-proprietary box, but with VAST, the smartcard is locked to that individual decoder it was supplied with.

VAST boxes can only receive/decode VAST channels...... nothing else.

Exactly the same with Foxtel boxes.... only Foxtel channels.

If you want to receive other channels, you need a box that will receive FTA satellite signals.