Thread: Backups

Thanks

Default Backups

I have a signal blocker-
    It will work for 25m radius, there is another small handheld one similar that'll do .5-12m, I also got the 40m one which covers
    - CDMA Range: 869Mhz ~ 894Mhz
    - DCS Range: 1805Mhz ~ 1880Mhz
    - PHS Range: 1900Mhz ~ 1990Mhz
    - GSM Range: 925Mhz ~ 960Mhz

Is anyone scared or atleast worried that people have these things and that within 5 days can get them into this country.

It cost under 200 and has internal battery-
    I also got the 75m model, which is a bit bigger but similar price- it goes off.It is 110-240 v so cant carry around easily

What are we going to be able to provide next that doesn't rely on conventional methods of communication? Is anyone working on this and is it reliable and secure and cant be circumvented?

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Lightbulb Many possibilities . . .

Quote Originally Posted by AusSecTec View Post
    Is anyone scared or atleast worried that people have these things and that within 5 days can get them into this country.?
    I think that it's only going to be a short matter of time before somebody here disassembles one of these units to see how they're made,then starts to make and sell them here (if they become a banned import).

I want to get one just for the sheer pleasure of seeing the shocked reaction from idiot drivers who talk with mobile phone to their head while driving

Perhaps Jaycar may get these in kit form oneday ?

But it'll be good for bank robbers to park outside a bank with the high powered one hooked up to a 12v - 240v inverter and running a directional handheld beam antenna aimed into the bank,to block customers and staff attempting to phone out to raise the alarm ! (if it's a small suburban or country town bank/TAB,where the smart robbers have severed the phone lines at rear of building with an axe) . . . this certainly would buy them some time . . . but if the robbers were smart enough they could send in a recon/scout just a few minutes before the hit, to easily plant a portable blocking device inside !

Thanks

Wow firebird,

Thats to much information don't you think friend???

Thanks

my thoughts exactly

Thanks

this is a great discovery, however can have the aforementioned bad uses.

1. place these along most highways, freeways, etc. to block drivers from using their mobiles while driving, but place emergency fixed landline phones under these blockers.

2. place these in or near hospitals, schools, etc. to block any unwanted signals.

3. place one at my cousins place, so many phones, probably could fill the entire vodafone network, lol.

Thanks

What are we going to be able to provide next that doesn't rely on conventional methods of communication? Is anyone working on this and is it reliable and secure and cant be circumvented?
    Lots of companies have products that use a combination of encrypted IP + GPRS. Both paths are polled, so when the blocker takes down the GPRS it is reported by IP. When IP is taken down by whatever method, again this is detected and the loss of both paths would be taken seriously.

I'm not so sure if AES Intellinet have arrived in Australia but their radio system seems to be gaining popularity too.
    Developer of VoIP2Go at ozvoip.net - Alarm compatible VoIP Network

Thanks

Gents,
    Your missing the intellectual point,

No matter how good the gprs, gsm, ADSL (ip) networks are, they can be circumvented!

We need an alternate / reliable path that cant be sabotaged,

Think if you take down a repeater- you loose polls, but if you take out 5 then HOW many clients within this range are down. SO are you going to send patrol / guard / police / Keyholders to EVERY SITE (say in a major city) 1-maybe hundreds within that radius)???

Its all good and well when your 500 clients are all FAILING To poll within a STATE! Which ones are the most important to further protect, are there enough Guards/ Patrol / Police to man every site until the issue is fixed. NO!

I think we are not thinking outside the square, Your offering alternate paths, but they are circumventable. (Trust me I have been playing and have found some loop holes) Id hate to live in a small town with one Cell tower and one or two exchanges.

I didn't want to have to release that info, but it is obvious in this day and age, with crims getting smarter and watching tv, Now they wear gloves and beanies, what next.

The only true way is like some of our clients, Use multiple panels, multiple backups and multiple Response companies, even more then one network providor. So far good luck, but you never know, its all added costs, and cant someone come up with a solution to save me all this extra work "please"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,484 Times in 691 Posts

The only true way is like some of our clients, Use multiple panels, multiple backups and multiple Response companies, even more then one network providor. So far good luck, but you never know, its all added costs, and cant someone come up with a solution to save me all this extra work "please"
    Lets say you use two alarm panels both on securitel & dialer - both have 4 GSM dialers(one for each bloody mobile network).

If someone is going to cut lines to a building and block RF signals then no matter if you had 50 GSM modules or 1. No matter if you have 50 lines or 1. No matter if you had 50 panels. The same fear you talk of would affect your "True Way".

At the end of the day if you have a premises that needs 2 panels 3 methods of transmitting alarms, then you need to sell man power. If a site needs to be that secure I'm sure they can afford to have 2 - 3 guys on site full time.

Man power:

Armed Guards
    Static Guards
    Rovers
    Dog handlers
    etc

Companies pay over $100,000's for loss prevention staff. Think about it.

I look after a site that has a Concept and a PC - $500 million dollars of stock at any one time in the warehouse.

2 Guards on Day duties
    4 Guards on Night (2 locked inside, 2 patrolling outside)

The alarm has never been configured to dial out.

thats my 2c

Thanks

Gents,
    Actually - I think you may be blowing it out of proportion.

Gents,
    No matter how good the gprs, gsm, ADSL (ip) networks are, they can be circumvented!
    Yes - and the control room is alerted of this. If the loss of two independent paths are treated as "sabotage" and acted on accordingly, then I do not see a problem

Gents,
    We need an alternate / reliable path that cant be sabotaged,
    ...and good luck in finding it. Be sure to let us know when you do.

Any requirements above and beyond dual path signaling should be handled with man power as stated by intelliGEORGE.

Thanks

I think what George said makes a lot of sense.

Thanks

Gents,

I didn't want to have to release that info, but it is obvious in this day and age, with crims getting smarter and watching tv
    OK

Hands up !!

Who has seen Mission Impossible and The Matrix

Thanks

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by IPAlarms View Post
    Lots of companies have products that use a combination of encrypted IP + GPRS. Both paths are polled, so when the blocker takes down the GPRS it is reported by IP. When IP is taken down by whatever method, again this is detected and the loss of both paths would be taken seriously.

I'm not so sure if AES Intellinet have arrived in Australia but their radio system seems to be gaining popularity too.
    AES Intellinet owned by Goldfields Commercial Security in good old Kalgoorlie. Have base stations in Kal,Perth and PNG at this stage. Great product..
    Google it and u might c me !!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kalboy View Post
    AES Intellinet owned by Goldfields Commercial Security in good old Kalgoorlie. Have base stations in Kal,Perth and PNG at this stage. Great product..
    Google it and u might c me !!
    Oh wow - you have just rattled my memory cells from about 5 years ago. I spent some time with Goldfields at their control room in Perth (is it Anthony and his Dad?) and now I remember that they were the Aussie agents for AES.

I lost touch when they merged with another company and changed automation software.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by intelliGEORGE View Post
    Man power:
    I look after a site that has a Concept and a PC - $500 million dollars of stock at any one time in the warehouse.

2 Guards on Day duties
    4 Guards on Night (2 locked inside, 2 patrolling outside)
    The alarm has never been configured to dial out.

thats my 2c
    What with fat chubb guards, nice move,

" Yes mate you an rob the place just wait till I'm sleep and can't be bothered doing my job "

A huh- well there are still issues, breakins and losses even with 1 guy in the post out front, maybe you can lend me the name of the company you use, so I can get someone decent in there.

Thanks

i think it would be sad if we had to use man power, guards etc. if you are protected by the guards, who are the guards protected by. would you feel right, God forbid, if a guard protecting you got killed 'cos no one protected him.

besides, with so many communication mediums out there, they has to be something in place always to communicate. bring on mobile morse code.

mt

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IPAlarms View Post
    Oh wow - you have just rattled my memory cells from about 5 years ago. I spent some time with Goldfields at their control room in Perth (is it Anthony and his Dad?) and now I remember that they were the Aussie agents for AES.

I lost touch when they merged with another company and changed automation software.
    Still using ADSW for some clients and Simms for diallers. Bit of a crap way to do it i know. But as far as Intellinet goes it works fine.
    Ant and Ed are now back in Kal. We're trying to get Ant married up. Ed wants to retire.
    Id love to see the control room back in Kal but staffing was a big issue. I think McDonalds in Kal are paying 22 an hour LOL

Thanks

What with fat chubb guards, nice move,

" Yes mate you an rob the place just wait till I'm sleep and can't be bothered doing my job "

A huh- well there are still issues, breakins and losses even with 1 guy in the post out front, maybe you can lend me the name of the company you use, so I can get someone decent in there.
    5 years on and not one hiccup as opposed to the times before I took over the contract.

Triple path comms, mobile patrols etc could not prevent the ram raids previously especially when 1 pallet is worth $200,000.

They lost 3 pallets in 1 year alone. Not to mention the previous years.

5 years with static guards and the only thing thats happened to this site was suspicious behavior in the first 6 months. Once they seen there was no more opportunity, off to the next factory they went.

So you can have your 10 alarm panels with 30 paths of comms and a duplicate MDF.

Ram raids last no more that 2-5 mins. Patrols response 10-30 mins on average. Police pfft next morning if your lucky.

I'll stick with my tried and proven method.

And with industrial units now days so close together, you can always get a complex of 20 units to divy up the costs to make it affordable for the clients which makes this an attractive alternative.

Thanks

Stuff multiple paths, this is what I want to see go up everywhere. A little something I'm trying convince the government of using.

It will be called the Pelco RED

Remote Extermination Device

Gone are the days of changing FILM.

Thanks

Pan, Tilt and Doom ?