Thread: Please help. How to get an Australian Channel from satellite

Thanks

Default Please help. How to get an Australian Channel from satellite

Hi, I am a newbie's newbie

How to get an Channel 7,9,10, SBS, etc from my satellite dish? My satellite dish is a big one with Strong decorders.

From the menu, it has all the satellite, such as Palapa C2, Measat, OPTUS Ku/Band, etc

Please help me, How to get that free Australian channel.

And one last question, what is this and how to do it on my strong decorders?
    " D2 12680V 6670 V8 World Feed " " D2 12662v 6670 Anc-001 "

I got it on other threads

Please help me, All answer is greatly appreciated it.

Thank you very much

Andy

Look Here ->
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,452 Times in 1,066 Posts

Cool Aurora ????

Hi Andy,
    It will help us if you can tell us a few things.
    1. Are you in a major metropolitan area or country area?
    2. Can you receive those channels on terrestrial TV? (Normal ground TV channels.)
    3. What is the diameter of your dish?
    4. Exactly what is written on the LNB on your dish?
    5. How many cables come away from that LNB?
    6. Does the dish have a motor on it?
    7. Was this equipment previously set up or have you just obtained it?
    8. If from a previous owner of the property, do you know what he was able to receive?

Kindest Regards, " The Druid ".

Thanks

midi deleted your 2 other identical threads. Only post once for an identical subject.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beer4life View Post
    Hi Andy,
    It will help us if you can tell us a few things.
    1. Are you in a major metropolitan area or country area?
    2. Can you receive those channels on terrestrial TV? (Normal ground TV channels.)
    3. What is the diameter of your dish?
    4. Exactly what is written on the LNB on your dish?
    5. How many cables come away from that LNB?
    6. Does the dish have a motor on it?
    7. Was this equipment previously set up or have you just obtained it?
    8. If from a previous owner of the property, do you know what he was able to receive?

Thanks a lot Druid for your help, this is the answer:
    1. Yes, I am at metropolitan area (Point Cook) (23 km west of Melbourne)
    2. I only receive the overseas channel, Some BBC channel, I dont know how to get to Australian Channel, When I do scan, I see Optus satellite (2 of them)
    3. My diameter is 2.3 m
    4. What is LNB? sorry im a real newbie
    6. Yes, it has a motor on it, It can move to one satellite to the other satellite
    7. Some guys come in to do installation, At that time we still have foxtel, so we never ask the guys how to get to Australian channel, But we decided to cut the foxtel, as we thought we already got Satellite, but we get boring with that overseas channel.
    8. I was bought it BRAND NEW and installed by professional. it can scan many satellite, as far as i remember, it has Optus Ku band, Palapa C2, Measat, Thai, etc (many of it)

I can watch overseas channel, Indonesia, Spain, Arab, India, Chinese, Singapore, Malaysia, Taiwan, etc no problem but I would like to watch Australian channel like 7, 9, 10, SBS.

Thanks a lot for your help. thank you

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ssrattus View Post
    midi deleted your 2 other identical threads. Only post once for an identical subject.

hi ssrattus, sorry to post identical threads cos I dont know which sub-forum should I post.

I am so sorry, How to delete the threads?

Thank you ssrattus for give me warning

Thanks
    Thanked 1,452 Times in 1,066 Posts

Cool Welcome to the community.

Quote Originally Posted by midi View Post
    Thanks a lot Druid for your help, this is the answer:
    1. Yes, I am at metropolitan area (Point Cook) (23 km west of Melbourne)
    2. I only receive the overseas channel, Some BBC channel, I dont know how to get to Australian Channel, When I do scan, I see Optus satellite (2 of them)
    3. My diameter is 2.3 m
    4. What is LNB? sorry im a real newbie
    6. Yes, it has a motor on it, It can move to one satellite to the other satellite
    7. Some guys come in to do installation, At that time we still have foxtel, so we never ask the guys how to get to Australian channel, But we decided to cut the foxtel, as we thought we already got Satellite, but we get boring with that overseas channel.
    8. I was bought it BRAND NEW and installed by professional. it can scan many satellite, as far as i remember, it has Optus Ku band, Palapa C2, Measat, Thai, etc (many of it)

I can watch overseas channel, Indonesia, Spain, Arab, India, Chinese, Singapore, Malaysia, Taiwan, etc no problem but I would like to watch Australian channel like 7, 9, 10, SBS.

Thanks a lot for your help. thank you
    G'Day,
    Unless you live in a country area, and cannot receive the standard earth channels, you will have difficulty obtaining a subscriber card for those channels.
    My first advice would be for you to install a terrestrial (earth) TV system to receive the Australian commercial channels as well as the ABC (National) and SBS (Ethnic channels).
    With your 2.3 metre dish and also being able to receive Foxtel, suggests that you have a "C" band and a "Ku" band installation.
    To explain the LNB, it is that thing with cable(s) at the focal point of your dish. (Mounted on one or more struts about one metre in front of the centre of your dish.)
    It will be helpful if you can tell us every thing that is written on it as well as getting one or more photos.
    I have no doubt that our gurus will be able to get you what you want.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,096 Times in 424 Posts

Hi midi,

Free to air channels in Australia aren't commonly found on satellite. Channels 7, 9 and 10 are broadcasted on Optus C1, but they are locked for everyone unless you either have an Optus Aurora card (to unlock 7 Central and 9 Imparja) or a Foxtel subscription (to unlock 7, 9 and 10 from Sydney and other cities). However, ABC1, ABC2 and SBS are available unlocked on the Optus D1 satellite.

You're better off getting all of your local free to air channels using a terrestrial antenna.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Smacca View Post
    Hi midi,

Free to air channels in Australia aren't commonly found on satellite. Channels 7, 9 and 10 are broadcasted on Optus C1, but they are locked for everyone unless you either have an Optus Aurora card (to unlock 7 Central and 9 Imparja) or a Foxtel subscription (to unlock 7, 9 and 10 from Sydney and other cities). However, ABC1, ABC2 and SBS are available unlocked on the Optus D1 satellite.

You're better off getting all of your local free to air channels using a terrestrial antenna.
    a h a...i think that is the answer i looking at...so basically i cant watch any of those channel on satellite.

Thanks a lot smacca, cause we considering to install antenna at the first place, but we think its probably can found on satellite dish.

but yeah, thanks everyone for all the answer...anyway..any tutorial for installing antenna? heheheh

Cheers