Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Best DS Flash Cart

Thanks

Default Best DS Flash Cart

Hi All,
    I have a R4 for my son's DS lite. Very happy with it but it's limited to a 2GB micro SD card. I now need to buy another DS for my other little fella and was wondering what are the better flash cards out there at the moment

I've been doing a little reading and noticed a TopToy DSTT (supports SDHC) looks quite good. I do remember that there was a recent thread on this same type of subject, but it went down with the site crash.

I was wondering if any of the DS guru's out there (Micksxboxmods, Roguefan99 and Covert) or anyone else could pleaseadvise if the R4 is still the best option (and just get more 2GB micro SD cards) or some of the newer cards are a better option.
    Thanks
    Jango

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jango View Post
    Hi All,
    I have a R4 for my son's DS lite. Very happy with it but it's limited to a 2GB micro SD card. I now need to buy another DS for my other little fella and was wondering what are the better flash cards out there at the moment

I've been doing a little reading and noticed a TopToy DSTT (supports SDHC) looks quite good. I do remember that there was a recent thread on this same type of subject, but it went down with the site crash.

I was wondering if any of the DS guru's out there (Micksxboxmods, Roguefan99 and Covert) or anyone else could pleaseadvise if the R4 is still the best option (and just get more 2GB micro SD cards) or some of the newer cards are a better option.
    Thanks
    Jango
    Hi Mate,
    the R4 and TT are very similar, wouldn't mind betting a direct rip off one another. I'd go for the TT as considerably cheaper.

I ordered a shipment of the TT's and am expecting in the next week or so, so will let you know.
    Regards
    Mick

Thanks

Are the SDHC's reasonably priced Mick?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jango View Post
    Are the SDHC's reasonably priced Mick?
    Can get microSD's for about $20 for 1GB, so pretty cheap mate.

Thanks

I would say R4 and not too bad priced either $100 at with Sandisk 2gig card, makes my others sons M3 original look like a dinosuar

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jaz808 View Post
    I would say R4 and not too bad priced either $100 at with Sandisk 2gig card, makes my others sons M3 original look like a dinosuar
    I could more than likely beat their price on em though

Thanks

Mick, Would be intersted in getting a couple of them, when they come in. LMK price and availability and we'll go from there.
    Cheers

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Biggun View Post
    Mick, Would be intersted in getting a couple of them, when they come in. LMK price and availability and we'll go from there.
    Cheers
    no probs mate, just remind me in about a weeks time.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,639 Times in 835 Posts

And me thanks Mick. Two fat DS, 1 G6 kit, two kids...

Thanks

I believe the M3Real is SDHC compatible but I think it would be rather pricey (its M3). The SupercardOne is SDHC compatible and their updates seem to be pretty good from what I have heard. The DSTT sounds pretty good, but I'm generally wary on new ones because I would like to see what the updates are like (I stopped recommending R4 for a while because they stopped updating!). It got a good review at gbatemp.

My recommendation Jango is to get your card direct from HK unless someone pulls out a stellar deal. Acegamestore is easy to beat, I could do that and still make a tidy profit (with Kingston 2Gb cards). Jango, I dunno how you kids get bored with a 2Gb card, I have a heap of games on my DS I never play and my card is only 1/2 full!

Thanks

You can't go past the cycloDS evolution
    Have a read of the reviews on the thing - you can't fault it. the only problem was the failure rate, which they have fixed now with the black batch.

A close second is the M3 Real for a slightly cheaper option that still performs well.

Team CYclops are ahead of everyone with software development. They recently developed 'Real time save', which is a function you can use with the new 1.3 firmware. Basically you can save your game at ANY time. Which is very handy when you get stuck in a hard spot, and don't want to start all over again.

Cyclo evo + m3real also have cheats that are built in that you can easily activate right before the game. In game slow motion. You can't beat this stuff.
    R4 team sell so damn many flash cards, that they content with there features atm, and just fix bugs in games if there are any.

DSTT is cheap, but the only step up you are getting from R4 is high capacity support. So unless you are selling your R4 to someone at the same price you got it, there isn't much point.

Have a read of what aussie say about them. You got 300 odd reviews -

Trust me about cycloDS though. Even when they had problems with hardware (all solved now) people wouldn't complain about waiting for stock to get swapped, nor did they want a refund or another product....they just wanted another CycloSD evolution.
    advertising is for stores without a reputation (and those that are not a tightass like us)

Thanks

I've been looking into getting one of these doovers for my wife's DS and quite frankly I am bamboozled.

I am leaning towards getting a DSTT from DX simply because of the price, but since I don't even get to play her (pink) DS I have no idea what to get and what features I want. She likes the girly games, some puzzle games, games I can't make any sense of. She sits in bed yelling numbers and shit at the DS and I look up from my star trek episode playing on MP4 and think she's nuts.

I'd just like to load some REAL games onto her DS so I can have a go of it....

Thanks

Thanks Rogefan99,
    The kids are not bored, they are fighting over the single DS. Have to buy another.

Also what is your opinion on the cycloDS evolution vs R4?
    Jango

Thanks

It depends on what I was using it for. From my understanding its just for the kids to play games with, then I would probably go for the r4 for a couple of reasons. Firstly price. The Cyclo is expensive. Secondly what I've heard about the cheat system, they might have changed it since but I never liked being locked in. You have to rely on them for codes. Never followed this up but if its something the kids use on the R4 then that may also sway my decision. The r4 doesn't have the SDHC support and never will (I believe), so thats the big downside for it when it comes to just playing games (its also awful on homebrew too).

As for RT saves, I've been burnt with those before, they are fine to save but getting the game back is not always 100% reliable.

But this is just my opinion, if the card is just for games, and you dont need to have the latest game instantly then any card will probably be fine thats been listed.

Premium Member
    Thanks

DSTT is absolutely fantastic and is backwards compatible with M3 and R4 game saves.

Zero complaints so far

Thanks

has the cheapest flash kits around.

Edit: hah, they automatically hotlink it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pat123 View Post
    has the cheapest flash kits around.

Edit: hah, they automatically hotlink it.
    These are USD prices, so be sure to work out correct AUD.

Thanks

Also Dealxtreme are getting heaps of complaints about lack of availability on the DSTT's. Currently they are out of stock.

Thanks

This is not uncommon with a new card Jango. DX are a "famous" company in the flash cart market so they usually get a lot of orders. They have had problems keeping M3 and R4s in stock in the past.

Agree with Mick on the USD prices but the dollar is still pretty damn high so its not that much of a difference, plus they have free shipping (well they used to) which beats most Aussie retailers anyway.

I've brought from dealextreme and they are fine, I would buy (and will) from them again.

Thanks

Hovering around 88US at the moment. Always have my eye on it due to my cricket imports.

I've ordered a few bits and bobs here and there and it's a good service.

• Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast